Lord of the Rings

Subject to change but here is a look at the civic UI. The Icons are not done yet until we have access to the SDK for now, the plan thus far is too make the UI kinda look different for each civilization or cultural group we shall see :) So here is a potential look for Gondor and Lothlorien.

Spoiler CivicScreenExamples :
Thats no problem... I am still hyped.

I have a few questions about the mod:
1. I saw you working on a Civics Tree. But will there be a new Tech Tree too?
2. Will some Civs have more Unique Stuff then 2?
3. About how many Civs will there be?
4. Will units and buildings and Districts have new models?

1. Yes there will be a tech tree we renamed it too "lore" and each civ will have a slightly to very different tech tree. I think I'll post an example here sometime later tonight.

2. Yes, at least for the scenario version, each civ will have their own list of unique units. For other things (improvements/buildings) we are not sure yet.

3. There are 18 civs.

4. We won't know yet until we can actually edit models via when they release an SDK. We will probably change the models as they come as none of us currently working on the mod right now are 3d modelers, but we should be able to reskin stuff. But all the units will have unique flags and icons for sure.

1. Yes there will be a tech tree we renamed it too "lore" and each civ will have a slightly to very different tech tree. I think I'll post an example here sometime later tonight.

2. Yes, at least for the scenario version, each civ will have their own list of unique units. For other things (improvements/buildings) we are not sure yet.

3. There are 18 civs.

4. We won't know yet until we can actually edit models via when they release an SDK. We will probably change the models as they come as none of us currently working on the mod right now are 3d modelers, but we should be able to reskin stuff. But all the units will have unique flags and icons for sure.
Thanks for answering my questions.

Here are some lore screenshots, lots of this will/could change. And like the icons before for the civics tree we can't change them till we have the SDK.

Spoiler Lore Tree :
GondorLoreExample.png
MordorLoreTreeExample.png

It is the research tree the one that I showed earlier (the Law Tree) is the civics tree. This is for the 3018-3019 scenario specifically that we plan on doing.

Here are some UI screenshots, the UI changes when you play as each civ, here is Gondor and Lothlorien. These are examples, the icons you see throughout (unit actions, choosers etc...) will change once we have access to changing those without doing it the hard way. The cities also change to their UI to give them more flavor, and the units have backgrounds depending on the ownership so I have an example of a Lothlorien warrior fighting a Harad spearman.

Spoiler UI Cities+Units :
CityExample2.png
FirstCityExample.png
UnitExample.png

And the LOTR lore, landscape, ethnicity, balance power, etc... is kind of a classic. I'm not invested enough in Civ's modding [yet!] to help, but I sure will try it! Civ5's version was fun to play, thank you for your work ispanets!

War Chicken, nothing stops someone else to make a Riftwar Sage's overhaul. Let the modders do something they are interested in, that's how we get good and creative mods. Modders won't work on something they are not interested in.

First off, sorry for the late response.
As I said, every fictional Mod - be it Fantasy or SciFi is something I appreciate. I just hoped to inspire something fresh. Of cause nobody works on something that's not of interest to him - at least not for free, but people who like LOTR are often fantasy geeks in general and just as you pointed it out - LOTR is classical. So classical, you find a LOTR mod or map on almost every turn based strategy game that allows custom modding or mapping. To me personally, it got old years ago. Don't get me wrong, I will play it as a diversion from regular Civ VI when it releases, but for me, of all the possible Fantasy and SciFi mods, LOTR is one of the least desirable just because it has already been done so often. The same goes for StarWars/StarTrek mods in the Sci-Fi genere btw.

I think one of the big causes for the success of Fall From Heaven II back in the Civ IV days was the fresh scenario. Kael based it on one of his own D&D camapigns I read somewhere. It was big, deep and completely unknown. It gave players a lot to explore - including lorewise.

As I said, I don't want to hinder or even talk bad this mod and I will even play it - I just wanted to display my motives for my earlier post.
So to Ispanets and the team - I still whish you lots of luck and success - as I said, I still am going to play this mod, and if you gather some good Artists - especially modelers and animators - every other Fantasy mod that may come out at some point might also profit from it. So... godspeed!

Here are some more screenshots with newly added Icons. For now units all have custom made Icons until we *hopefully* can get some 3D Models.

Spoiler VariousStuff :

PreviewCity.png
PreviewLore.png
PreviewPolicy.png
PreviewUnit.png

Looks good man!

Did the Mod Tool release?
Does every Civ have its own Lore and League Tree?

1. The Sdk hasn't been released yet, the last update let us add in icon art though.

2. Each civ will have their own Lore tree, the Civic Tree is the same for everyone. Most laws (I assume thats what you mean by league tree?) are available to any league a player is in but some are exclusive to the Free Peoples and League of Sauron. Availability to each specific league (Free Peoples, Neutral and League of Sauron) will depend on the civilization.

I don't know if you guys know, but the SDK has been released, such as the Workshop for Civ VI. I hope to see great things from you
;)

Yep we saw, were still stuck however because there is no working world builder :( we have a base map but most of the things I have left to do require civs and cities on the map and we can't do that yet

Yes, i saw that. You could like, use the WorldBuilder of Civ V to like layout and use it's standard Civs to point out where the civs are going to be.
So i understand that there will be True Starting Locations on those maps?

Yes well the scenario I'm working on will have set cities/units and stuff at the third age so it is true start locations. I could hypothetically do this the hard way and just program it in via lua but I'd rather not if they plan on releasing the world builder within a reasonable amount of time.

Yeah. You can better play safe and use your patience to wait for the WorldBuilder. I'm hyped for the mod. Make the best out of it ;)

You could tell by my moniker, but I am excited for this mod. Middle-Earth map with TSL, hopefully. But ... Will there be City-States, I'm wondering? If there are, what will they be? Also ... 18 civs? so, The Shire, Lindon, Gondor, Mordor, Harad, Umbar, Rhûn, Woodland Realm, Eregion/Hollin, Rohan, Erebor, Lothlorien, Khand, and a few others? Are there special natural wonders? (Erebor, Mount Doom, etc.) What tiles are you gonna use for Gorgoroth? I have loads of questions.
Also, I'd love to see a Beleriand scenario.

Top Bottom