Lords of the Rising Sun (Pre-NES)

You don't have my orders? Should I resend?

Yes, please. And I have responded to your diplo, T_F. Sorry if my PM diplo is a little bit choppy for a few days.

Any word on Thlayli or Espoir or flyingchicken?

Sorry all, but I kept trying to write stories and plan for this and just couldn't get myself as involved as I usually do, especially in a well done setting. I don't know why either. :(

Orders sent.

ORDERS RECEIVED:

flyingchicken
Birdjaguar
Anonymoose (Where's the moose now?)
ChiefDesigner
Agent 89
Ninja Dude
Azale
T_F
andis-1
Eltain

Needed
Thlayli
Espoir
Kraznaya
germanicus12
Japanrocks12

I've updated the stories list with the stuff you guys posted while I was absent. I enjoyed reading that, and I continue to enjoy reading what has been posted. I hope I can read more stories.

I'm willing to do this turn NPCing the Takeda and the Otomo. So be it. But if there is anyone out there who can play them... oh I know... I should post in the other thread. :)

Does anyone know Espoir and can PM him or leave him a visitor's message? Also Japanrocks12...

I haven't seen Espoir on MSN in a few days, but I'll try to contact him if he ever comes on. Thlayli told me Monday for his orders on my visitor message. My own orders will probably come late tonight.

Sounds good! No hurry, though. I'm mainly trying to see if everyone is here. If I can get orders by Sunday night, though, I can start writing.

I'm still in.

Great. We have a player for the Asakura now, too. Hopefully he will post in here.

I still need orders from the names mentioned above. Let's say the deadline is Sunday.

I really hope this NES does not die. :(

Hello, everyone! I'm the player interested in the Asakura Clan. Just wanted to introduce myself and get the lay of the land.

I think it would be helpful to me (and to other players needing a refresher) to quickly sum up what's going on in the world right now. I've read this thread and the latest update but I'm still not totally sure who is friendly with whom, what the major public alliances are, and who the biggest bad on the islands is. With only one update I don't think it'll be too much trouble to tell me this (if there are even answers to these questions, yet!).

But that's just a request. I can catch up one way or the other.

Oh, and thanks for accepting me into the game! I look forward to playing.

Welcome, welcome!

Current wars: Saitou/Imagawa vs Oda, Satomi/Satake/Uesugi/Date vs Houjou/Takeda (I think, it's confusing - not all of those on each side are actually allies), Asai vs Rokkaku, Ootomo vs Mouri, Ryuuzouji vs Arima/Jesuits, Ikkou-ikki causing general problems.

Biggest bad: Imagawa, by far. The Miyoshi are pretty powerful too, but not nearly on the scale of the Imagawa.

Welcome, welcome!

Current wars: Saitou/Imagawa vs Oda, Satomi/Satake/Uesugi/Date vs Houjou/Takeda (I think, it's confusing - not all of those on each side are actually allies), Asai vs Rokkaku, Ootomo vs Mouri, Ryuuzouji vs Arima/Jesuits, Ikkou-ikki causing general problems.

Biggest bad: Imagawa, by far. The Miyoshi are pretty powerful too, but not nearly on the scale of the Imagawa.

Not to mention that the Miyoshi also control Kyoto and to a lesser extent the Shogun. Also, I have given up trying to figure out who is fighting who... I leave that to my capable advisers who risk life and limb to travel to these war weary lands and speak to these people personally. :p

Well, that's all good to know. Thanks! Now I've got to figure out where these clans are on the map and I'll be all set. I kinda wish there was a way to know which clans control which provinces.

Seems like my Asakura Clan doesn't have any mortal enemies. So that's a plus. But sooner or later I'll probably end up attacking/being attacked by one (or more!) of you. Got to get prepared for that.

Well, that's all good to know. Thanks! Now I've got to figure out where these clans are on the map and I'll be all set. I kinda wish there was a way to know which clans control which provinces.

There's a colour-coded key beneath the maps. It's a bit tough to reference, though - if you need, I can tell you who's who around where you are.

Historically, the Asakura and Asai later teamed up against Oda Nobunaga - but we have already strayed so far from that history. The Battle of Okehazama essentially never happened, meaning the Imagawa war machine swept through Nagasaki rather easily (and in this timeline, with a young Matsudaira Motoyasu heading the front). Therefore, the historic friendship that existed between Oda, Asai, and Asakura before the hostilities emerged are still in place and in fact probably cemented by the change in history. In fact, those hostilities historically occurred because the Oda attacked the Asakura. That is highly unlikely now, so all 3 clans, while not allies, are at least friends (Asai and Asakura alliance goes back generations - but was recently added to - and the daimyo of the Asai has married Oda Nobunaga's sister 3 years before they married historically). But it all depends on where you take things.

Indeed, listing wars in a Warring States period is troublesome. ;)

There's a colour-coded key beneath the maps. It's a bit tough to reference, though - if you need, I can tell you who's who around where you are.

I've been able to figure out most of my immediate neighbors. I'm starting to look at the extreme east and west parts of the map, now, to see who lives over there.

@kkmo: I am going to turn in my first set of orders after this next update. So whatever the NPC Asakura Clan was going to do is what I want to happen on this update. No need for me to jump in here and force you to change whatever you've already written. I'm happy to wait a bit before making my mark.

Where's the moose now? I'm right here! And quite pleased that you've returned. :D I just quit my summer job, so I have tons of time. LET'S DO STUFF

Top Bottom