1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Lords of the Rising Sun (Pre-NES)

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by kkmo, Jun 29, 2011.

1. T_F

T_F Reynardine the Great

Just NPC them. If that means they screw up and lose a lot, well, it's their fault for holding everything up.

2. kkmo

kkmo 世界

Sorry you have been waiting months, but I have had a lot of real-life things to take care of this summer. I am trying to mod a fun game for everyone amidst that. Lost orders are not the only factor holding the update back. It takes me a while to write updates. I hope you understand.

3. kkmo

kkmo 世界

I am here. I have had a very rough last month personally, but I am here nonetheless. I have been working on the update, as well.

Anyone who has not sent orders will be NPCed, but of course you have a few days to get them in. I will post the update then, and we'll see who is still around.

This is the real deal. :)

Anyone absent can be replaced by another player. So try to recruit your friends. And hey, someone see where Espoir is or send him a PM (I did a while ago) - please? He seemed like a clever fellow and interested to play. Don't want him to miss out.

And hello again.

4. Espoir

Espoir Warlord

I am here and will send orders.

5. T_F

T_F Reynardine the Great

Yay! Glad to see it back up.

6. kkmo

kkmo 世界

Oh! And by the way - if you've sent orders, I still have them.

7. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

I'm in.

8. kkmo

kkmo 世界

I know it is hard for some of you to believe, but I am truly working on the update. I have reached Kyushu. I still await some orders, but if they aren't in by the time I'm done writing - those players will be NPCed.

Also, there are a lot of spots open so if you have any friends who would like to join and play a clan, please let them know.

9. Espoir

Espoir Warlord

I will be sending orders soon; please wait for them before you do my section of the update.

10. kkmo

kkmo 世界

Update 1561 Notes

- Stats coming soon. Give me until tonight or tomorrow.

- Also, I will edit the recent map post with a list of alliances and wars to make things easier for everyone.

- Better late than never. :)

- NPCs have economies, too. They train new troops. Remember this.

- Some of you might be emotionally devastated (;)) by large losses in battle. This is part of the game, and is historically accurate. Armies were often decimated, and then more men were recruited, and armies reformed. Do not get upset. Keep your calm. This is part of the fun, anyway, isn't it?

- I appreciate more inventive orders than just "Expand trade" (don't mean to single anyone out in particular here, but speaking generally). How do you expand trade? With what? Etc.

- Overall, orders were quite nice this time around. Some of you left things a little bit vague and a little too brief.

- The new limit for orders is 2 PMs. No more than that, please.

- To be honest, two updates on the same page is pretty pitiful. I know it is my fault for being gone for so long, but I can't take all the responsibility to keep this game going. If there is not enough interest to write stories, there is no way we can continue. I can't be the only one writing here.

11. T_F

T_F Reynardine the Great

Awwwww yeahhhhh updaaaaate~

Also crap stupid Rokkaku. Ah well. REVENGE.

(I wrote a short poem a while back, but I guess it wasn't long enough for bonuses. Ah well :p)

12. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

That was an excellent update!

I will most likely have a new story up as soon as humanly possible.

13. Agent 89

Agent 89 King

Well worth the wait for that.

14. kkmo

kkmo 世界

Thank you Thlayli, Agent 89 - I look forward to stories.

Orders are due Wednesday, October 19, by the way. Will get stats posted soon.

15. kkmo

kkmo 世界

OK. Stats updated. Please let me know if something is off. Last time I didn't do a very good job. :sad:

16. germanicus12

germanicus12 First Citizen of Rome

I should have an extra 6 ships to total 14 ships.
    Also I should have 74 companies as I recruited 4 in my orders.

Other than that everything else looks good.

17. Ninja Dude

Ninja Dude Sorry, I wasn't listening...

Great update! My only concern is why I do not own the land the Arima agreed to give up in our peace deal. I did notice that the lands did have stripes. What exactly does that mean?

And I cannot state how happy I am to see this active again!

18. kkmo

kkmo 世界

To everyone: I will respond to NPC diplo soon.

To Germanicus: Corrected! Sorry.

To Ninja Dude: It means those lands are in transition. Next turn, you will have those lands + extra koku per turn. My apologies for the confusion.

I'm also happy to be active here again. This has been very fun to mod. I hope to get another update in before November. Hopefully I can do it.

* * * * *​

List of fun NPCs for any lurkers who might want in!

Otomo: Not doing so well in northern Kyushu right now, but that makes them fun. This clan has amazing potential.

Matsuura: Tiny clan near the Ryuzoji, but with great potential for a player wanting something interesting, small, and out of the way.

Takeda: By far the most powerful clan available right now. Read up on them in the main thread!

Asakura: Great potential right now. Gaining old Saito estates and powerful underdog allies. What is not to love?

Ashina: Prosperous and sizable economy. Located in the north. Lots of possibilities.

To name a few.

19. kkmo

kkmo 世界

Yes, they are open and available. They are also large and important and in need of a reliable player. If you think you can handle it, I see no reason to not let you try it out.

20. skeptikalz!

skeptikalz! The Truth and the Lie

Didn't notice this thread, thank you. And yeah, I saw that they were in a fiery position, so I figure it'd be more fun for everyone involved if they weren't NPC'ed. I'll see what I can do.