Lords of the Rising Sun (Pre-NES)

Didn't notice this thread, thank you. And yeah, I saw that they were in a fiery position, so I figure it'd be more fun for everyone involved if they weren't NPC'ed. I'll see what I can do.

Excellent. :)

I have a question, as I am still feeling a bit new at the whole mod thing:

Were my story bonuses sufficient, or were they severely lacking, or...? I wanted to put them in some sort of context, instead of just hand them out like candy. Maybe making them relate more to the stories themselves would be better.

You were way to stingy. I should have gotten at least 100 more companies free for a year. :mischief:

I think you did a fine job. Feel your way through each turn and try to err on the conservative side. I think such bonuses should be small bumps that can vary such that some have small, but longer term effects and others might be more pronounced, but are short lived.

These are the people I have heard a response from, in regards to playing this NES:

Ninja Dude
flyingchicken
Birdjaguar
Thlayli
ChiefDesigner
Espoir
T_F
Agent 89
germanicus12
skeptikalz!
erez89

I have not heard a response from:

Eltain
Anonymoose
Kraznaya
andis-1 ?

Post something in this thread to indicate you are still playing. To repeat, orders are due Wednesday, October 19. I look forward to writing the next update!

Gwar - my long post here is being deleted by me. I think it is better to not approach this subject in this manner. However, I will say I do not railroad as a mod and I welcome any and all possibilities in this NES. Hopefully everyone here knows this to be a fact, based on our dramatically altered Japan at this point. I also will always welcome Kraznaya to return, if he so wishes.

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )​

With that said! The Imagawa Clan is open, and they would be excellent to play as. They have just lost a huge battle in an ambush by Oda. However, this ambush did not successfully take the head of Yoshimoto (the Imagawa daimyo), and the Imagawa still have many capable, loyal commanders (including Matsudaira Motoyasu / "Tokugawa"). The difficulty is appeasing your retainers to raise an army back to standards in which you can fight, but it is certainly possible. Already history has changed and the Imagawa have a solid footing in their region. They have gained considerable amounts of territory against the Oda. The Oda, meanwhile, do not have sufficient manpower to drive far into Imagawa territory (even with their allies). There are Ikko Ikki uprisings in Mikawa, and these are a headache. However, they could be taken care of by employing numerous strategies, all potentially time-consuming. With the Imagawa, taking care of your retainers and attempting to make your people happy is an important task.

I'm joining as the Imagawa. Gimme tomorrow to catch up.

edit. To begin my tenure as Imagawa allow me to state the following:

ODA, WHAT A SHAMEFUL DISPLAY.

:D

Welcome!! If you have any questions about the rules, time period, the state of the Imagawa, or whatever, please do not hesitate to ask.

flyingchicken
erez87

are the only ones who have given orders. Get them in!

If you have any questions, please post here or PM me. I am happy to answer!

Should I do orders for this turn?

Alright, expect them later tonight--I have to go pick up my girlfriend from Cleveland in an hour.

I may have to send orders late, I've got a ton of homework suddenly tonight. Sorry! ^_^;;

Yes, Ninja Dude is right. I was giving a friendly reminder. By all means do your homework and real-world stuff. :)

Mine will be on the way shortly.

Still have a bunch of homework, but I'll see what I can do. ^_^

EDIT: Hmm, shouldn't I have 32,600 koku in income this turn? It doesn't look like my growth was added. (according to the numbers I have left in my budget spreadsheet)

Still have a bunch of homework, but I'll see what I can do. ^_^

EDIT: Hmm, shouldn't I have 32,600 koku in income this turn? It doesn't look like my growth was added. (according to the numbers I have left in my budget spreadsheet)

My mistake. I was only off by 300 koku, though. :D

Orders are due tomorrow night. So you have time.

Top Bottom