Lose the HEX Tiles

Kiwi_Mark_LFC

Chieftain
What brain dead moron made that decision. It is beyond stupid. It looks hideous. Its unrealistic. Square tiles gave 8 degrees of movement. Hex gives 6. How is this an improvement. First its the morons at Infinity Ward not giving us Dedicated Servers in MW2 - now its the total dumb arses at Take Two heading back to the 1980's and Steel Panthers...Utter Utter horsehockye.

Yes - there are some complete and utter :):):):):) who want it...but they are a minority of idiots...

Hex Tiles are limiting, unrealistic and stupid.

What brain dead moron made that decision. It is beyond stupid. It looks hideous. Its unrealistic. Square tiles gave 8 degrees of movement. Hex gives 6. How is this an improvement. First its the morons at Infinity Ward not giving us Dedicated Servers in MW2 - now its the total dumb arses at Take Two heading back to the 1980's and Steel Panthers...Utter Utter horsehockye.

Yes - there are some complete and utter :):):):):) who want it...but they are a minority of idiots...

Hex Tiles are limiting, unrealistic and stupid.
[food]
2K does not make games, it publishes them.

secondly i, myself, do not see any obvious advantages to hexes. we will just have to wait and see.

third: i do not know whose twink you are, but you will eat what firaxis will feed you and come to love it. you will buy civ5 as the rest of the brainwashed consumers out there.
[/food]

Yeah, because when around 90% of your customers ask you for something they think is better than what you already provide them, you should ignore that. If you don't like hexes, that's your loss, but it's the industry standard and squares are, well, rather square.

Kiwi@
Congratulations on your first post since 2008.

It is beyond stupid - Why

It looks hideous - Why do you thick a square looks better than a hexagon,( or triangle, circle etc).
You are being shapest - hexs have feelings too.:sad:

Its unrealistic. - Why are squares more realistic than squares - please explain:confused:

Square tiles gave 8 degrees of movement. Hex gives 6 - Squares give 360 degress of movement as do hexes - In the games I play I do not travel in straight lines:crazyeye:

I don't like the Hexs either,but I want a new Civ.....but I will NEVER buy something because I'm told "its fun".....

Serious wargames have been using hexes forever. I for one welcome the change -- and I strongly suspect it will have little impact on the actual gameplay.

Yes I was playing hex based wargames by SPI and Avalon Hill way before Civ 1

Hex is more realistic, especially the distance traveled by moving. With normal squared you travel 1.4 times more distance using the diogonal(?) in stead of horizontal / vertical.

This is not a bug. This is a feature.

Why don't you like hexes? Hexegons have 6 sides and squares have 4. Hexagons have more sides. Hexegons have 6 vertices and squares have 4. Don't you want more!? Aren't you excited about Civ6's octogon based grid!?

In all seriousness, I welcome the change, and think it will play better and look better. I highly doubt the developers will change it back to squares this late in the development.

Why don't you like hexes? Hexegons have 6 sides and squares have 4. Hexagons have more sides. Hexegons have 6 vertices and squares have 4. Don't you want more!? Aren't you excited about Civ6's octogon based grid!?

In all seriousness, I welcome the change, and think it will play better and look better. I highly doubt the developers will change it back to squares this late in the development.
each square has eight adjacent squares. so it's from 8 to 6.

and i always DO WANT MOAR! :D

I was a bit indifferent about the change to hexes, but after seeing the screenshots I love them. Besides this conundrum wont be a problem anymore:

Top Bottom