1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost my capital London to Ragnar, got exiled to Germany

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by dzdydx, Aug 19, 2011.

1. dzdydx

dzdydx Chieftain

So I'm playing as Victoria, and when the Vikings dropped off 2 swordsmen in front of London, I had 1 longbow garrisoned and was like "If I lose London, it's time to restart".

Of course I lost the battle, a pop up appeared telling me I was exiled to Germany, and I had a short time to retake London.

Then what's even weirder, I am now in charge of the Holy Roman Empire, and Otto is in charge of what's left of England... wtf...

I wonder what happens if I take back London right away, will get back with updates in a bit.

Here're some screenshots.

Attached Files:

2. dzdydx

dzdydx Chieftain

Once I'm exiled, I take on all the previous diplo bonuses and hits of Germany, which means I am now at peace with the Vikings. The rest of England, with the new capital of Inverness and commanded by Otto, made peace with the Vikings as well.

Because Germany had no navy, I worldbuilder'ed me some swordsmen next to London, and declared war on the Vikings and retook London. As soon as I did so, another pop up appeared telling me that I've returned to England, and it's time to teach my enemies a lesson. It's also funny because when I retook England, London became my capital, yet Inverness had the Palace as a building as well as London. That's free +1:) +8:commerce: +4:espionage:

This is such a WTF feature haha

Attached Files:

3. CHEESE!

CHEESE! On a long nostalgia trip

That's SO awesome.

4. trexeric

trexeric (or backwards 'cirexert')

I have been exiled before... then when I recapture my capital I don't return to my past country!!!

Anyway, what I think should happen is this: when you reclaim your country, you should get the country you were exiled to as a vassal.

5. AnotherPacifist

AnotherPacifist Chieftain

You have to do it within a certain number of turns.

Your suggestion about vassalization would be an exploit. E.g. You leave your capital undefended, declare war, then get exiled and recapture your former capital. Do it several more times.

6. trexeric

trexeric (or backwards 'cirexert')

I worldbuildered up myself an army and recaptured it the turn after.

I guess your right on that one...

7. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

not when you're exiled to Mali and you're enough honest not to reload the game. That is, for the exploit, you would take your risk of being stuck in a far country forever.