Lost Notes of Young Mansa Musa

I got lots of plans, I just patiently wait if someone of the other teams going to write something.
I don't feel for spamming the forum either

I like the veil guild storyline a lot. Very ASOIAF. I'm also very happy to see we're not losing the Young Mansa stories. I don't know what's up with the other teams, but I wouldn't be opposed to submitting another entry to the story thread.

Yep. Good stories. And complex. I always come with simple stories when writing for Diplo-games :(

The present heated debates inspired a thought: The Assembly Hall and the Great Hall, in the Palace. The Assembly Hall is where Mansa Musa speaks to his people. The Great Hall functions as a salon for discussion. The currency of the Great Hall, naturally, is beer.
We can have factions that arise:
The Realists - Pure unadulterated pragmatism - led by Caledorn
The Independents - Emphasis on always being in a position of strength - led by cavscout
The Unionists - Emphasize alliances and accord, both in foreign affairs and domestically - led by 2metraninja

If anyone wants to suggest alternative parties, ideologies, or leaders, they are welcome

Eventually as we move out of Hereditary Rule, they can move into the Assembly Hall and become fully functional political parties, Independent Party, Reality Party, and Unity Party.

Not sure how best to represent this, whether through Mansa Musa's eyes or some young petty noble who spends his days in the Great Hall, eventually becoming a deputy to the Domain Assembly.

RB just submitted a story entry, so I think we can get another one in, now. Arkipeller, do you have any ideas? We could also submit talonschild's 1st story about killing a Warrior since we did kill one awhile ago.

Who is Flauros and Govannon?

I am not using names I don't recognize ;)
(But I am very fond of the Alphabet-story made)

My good friend Plotinus has at last finished his time as apprentice in the Training Pits. When receiving his personal rudeshaped club, Plotinus bit it slightly on the tip and muttering for himself "At least I got a club made of oak"
Our Master of Scrolls has been researching or seeking after better clubs and realized that there are different kinds of woods. On the more ridicule side, instead of using months of shaping clubs out of different woodkinds he could just ask Aivo about her vast knowledge of the wilderness. We could have made stronger clubs ages ago!

Plotinus had received his first official military task, to accompany the Master of Scrolls to the small settlement of Mantra. I would accompany those two to the hills of Mantra and return afterwards and meanwhile I should learn about coordination in the wilderness from both Plotinus and the Master. Father were very specific to mention that the Master of Scrolls were a man of wisdom, so I should be very polite with him.

As we turned the corner of Lavender Square, we got eye of the master of Scrolls: A youngling with a cape slightly resembling most of the Senate's, wild black hair and piercing black eyes.He had a weird sewed skin made of woolves containing something that looked like bird-feathers and more skins.
"Good Afternoon, Mansa. Your brutish friend must be Plotinus I guess. My name is Caledorn. We are already behind schedule, so we should keep a good pace. I am in control of this journey and objections are not allowed."

I think this is going to be a long journey...

Good story, I like it a lot. :goodjob:

I think the vague description of Mantra's surroundings is enough to keep people interested and analyzing our stories.

Excellent.
@Arkipeller - I was casting about for names and settled on characters from the Fall from Heaven II mod (hey - support and promote our resident modders) - Flauros is a leader of the Calabim, Govannon the Amurite hero, Cardith Lorda is the Boy-King of the Kuriotates and the personification of Eutrabates the Gold Dragon.
Around the time when it is no longer appropriate to only have one name (Renaissance?) I was gonna make their names into surnames - so Major Henry Govannon, Captain Jerome Cardith, Major Mark Flauros. Trying to work in a "there are some who call me... Tim" for General Sandalphon. Characters such as Yossarian and myself, being real people, would be mysteriously exempt from this transition.
Thank you for your approval :)

I would rather use real names than crossing stories. I've played FFH2 myself, but I don't think it got anything to do in this game. Thou I am very open for making names for instance... as you mentioned: Sir Clegane Flauros or similar;)

I only used them for flavour. I'm wary of trying to also weave in symbolism, but... perhaps it could be done. As long as it doesn't adversely affect quality.

Should we try to take names appropriate to character, I would suggest:
Govannon => Falamar or Decius
Flauros => Loki maybe? Or Lucian? Or, actually, Teutorix
Cardith => Corlindale - or Decius again

Falamar Govannon was observing a massive slaughter just outside his hovel. There has been stationed troops outside the tiny village of Terasvin for a long time and they were brutish, crude beings. The Villagers and even him, the Mayor of this forsaken village had to feed them from often nearly emptied supplies and he has heared conversations of riots passing a random window. Falamar could understand that the villagers did suffer, but the alternative of being randomly slaughtered by barbarians... he would rather not think about that.
Falamar had at several times had soldiers on visits at mealtimes and he grew fond of their more sivilized leader, AlanH, mostly because his tales of battles were better told than from most of the younger soldiers. Now Falamar was desperately scouting for this figure amongst the barbarian horde just outside his yard.
He spotted a cape of weird white pelt, that was hanging on some distant branches, realizing that it would be impossible to point out his friend among his men.
That was the first time the silver-haired Mayor of Terasvin found himself looking to the sky, sending a prayer for victory and mercy for his kind.

Another great story! I like it.

I'm not able to see the video Poly linked to in their latest entry. Anything important to note? Based on the short description, maybe they also had barbs invading their borders?

I see I have been presented as somewhat a dictator in my dealings with Mansa. :lol:

Love the stories so far, including the part about myself :D

I'm not able to see the video Poly linked to in their latest entry. Anything important to note? Based on the short description, maybe they also had barbs invading their borders?

It's a 10 minute excerpt from Conan the Barbarian (the movie I think), and it depicts a part of the movie where barbarians slaughter a woman and kidnap a lot of children that they take hostages.

I see I have been presented as somewhat a dictator in my dealings with Mansa. :lol:

Love the stories so far, including the part about myself :D

I would rather say that you are more reserved for suggestion, than a dictator. It's a usual scientist-trait actually.

Safely placed in a huge facility near the Mantra Granary, I could not notice that Caledorn seemed to be upset about something. First we had a rough ride through the western country, observing the roads and what he was calling "mapping possibilities". What is mapping? I am not sure I want to understand it. Caledorn seems to be rather good at using science, but really bad at explaining it to others.
Suddenly there was a sudden cold at my left shoulder and out of nowhere I spotted Yossarian's cold blue eyes. "Pleasant ride, Young Mansa?"
I shruggered in slight discomfort. There were few people that scared me, but Yossarian was still the worst... or best of them. What came to my mind that this was carefully planned, cause Caledorn's spirits suddenly lifted.
"Your fashionable lateness is forcing us to work at nearly double speed", Caledorn said. Fortunately todays lesson is about the function and practicalities of Granaries. Tomorrow you have to learn non-oral communication.
I was still not getting what Caledorn said.

Good one. Makes more questions than it tells facts.

Oh, and good to see you are back and your muse is back ;)

Top Bottom