Lost Old CoL1 Player

candle

Prince
Ok so i brought a seasoned scount in to mack cigars, i never really used them in CoL1 then wanted to make my solider a dragoon but I only got a soilder option even though my goods showed horses am I missing something else here?

If you can't make a dragoon you might not have enough horses. You need 50 for a normal game. A seasoned scout is to valuable to waste time working in your colony, send him out exploring. How did you play Col1 without using scouts?

easy enough, I used dragoons to scount, I never made peace with the natives, my game was entirly based on finding them and raiding there cities lol

Fair enough. However in Col2 your scouts can pull in a lot of gold, and the Indian tribes also have plenty of cash available for trade. You can always raid them after that.

hmm well I pulled it off classic Col 1 style just killing everything in sight, indians, europeans, it didnt make any diffrence to me lmao

In response to why you can make soldiers but not dragoons when you have a scout and the guns from your first soldier, I assume it's because you are playing the english. The english require 25 guns for a soldier, but 50 for a dragoon. Thus your starting soldier doesn't give you enough guns to make a dragoon. Try playing spanish, it seems to match your style :p

But I always play english... that 50% less gun requirement for soldiers is huge when it comes to fighting the WoI on the harder levels.

Top Bottom