1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost production on obsolete units

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Confirmed Bugs' started by geegee, Oct 28, 2010.

1. geegee

geegee Chieftain

Just started playing Civ V. I was producing a warrior in one of my cities when I discovered metal casting (which makes warriors obsolete). A few turns later, when my warrior should have been produced, I got zilch. No warrior. No money to compensate for lost production time (like you'd get when producing a wonder that another civ produces first).

Has anyone else noticed this? I guess it would be slightly less irritating if you at least got a message that you were producing an obsolete unit after discovering new research, but I sure didn't see any notification.:confused:

2. DaveGold

DaveGold Emperor

You production usually converts to the superior unit and I suspect that any contribution you make to the warrior should carry over to the swordsman. I'm guessing that since you didn't have iron you couldn't produce a swordsman and it went wrong.

Post up a bug report if you've got a save game and can reproduce it. No point just complaining about it.

3. Perkus

Perkus Prince

4. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Moderator Action: Moved to bug reports.

Please provide a savegame for this situation.

5. geegee

geegee Chieftain

Saved game attached. New York should be producing a warrior in the next turn.

The same type of thing happened to me later when I was producing something else (a catapult maybe?). I'm thinking this issue may not be a bug (i.e., the game may be intentionally designed to do this). Still, very irritating.

Attached Files:

6. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

Loaded the gamesave and can confirm it. The production on the warrior (about 35:c5production:) is lost entirely and is not put into the unit that obsoletes the warrior.

I would consider this not working as designed, or more likely just an oversight not picked up by QA. Losing all production on a unit is not very fair.

Moderator Action: Moved to Confirmed Bugs, and listed it.

7. Thomas Ash

Thomas Ash Chieftain

I'm getting this error even on the latest Gods & Kings - see the Composite Bowman being built in the attached when its obsoleted by the Longbowman. Perhaps the problem is that Crossbowmen have been replaced by Longbowman, removing the expected replacement.

Attached Files: