"Lost" wonders

Jopetshow

Chieftain
I'm making a scenario to Civ2 MGE, and I started the project based on that original Civ2 WW2-scenario. This scenario is based on a different timeline, where Germany has defeated the Soviet Union in WW2 and later formed a union called The New Europe, what looks bit like modern EU. There is a web site that tells about it, http://valtakunta.eu/index2.html, but it hasn't worked at least for me for some time, I don't what has happened. But, now I'll tell you the problem.

I'm going to rename and replace some wonders, such as Magellan's Expedition -> Royal Navy and The United Nations -> The New Europe. I'm also going to make The Pentagon wonder, replacing the Sun Tzu's. But, like in original WW2-scenario, Sun Tzu is called "Lost" in "The Wonders of the World" -window. Is it possible to get it back to the game?

I was wondering this to my self, just hand not gotten around to asking yet :)

Hex editing saved games and maps are probably among the few things I have left to try...sounds fun...and I like to discover new things...

@Jopetshow
Keep us posted on how it works out! I'd like to hear how it was done...

Cool!:goodjob:

CivPartisan

FHRED is a good freeware hexeditor that I use 90% of the time. It does most jobs as well as the ones you have to pay for.

The one thing that it does very poorly is compare 2 files. Something like AXE is much better for this.

Anyone know of more recent and better freeware than FRHED?

You absolutely must download Mercator's Hexediting Compendium for MGE and Wobbegong's Saved Game File Format for Test of Time. You can't hexedit Civ without them.

AGRICOLA said:
Anyone know of more recent and better freeware than FRHED?
AXE and FRHED are the two I've used (they're both on my links page - :hmm: looks like the AXE link is down). Haven't used the latter for years, though. I've been content with AXE, so I haven't looked around.
AGRICOLA said:
You absolutely must download Mercator's Hexediting Compendium for MGE and Wobbegong's Saved Game File Format for Test of Time.
For the record, the hex-editing document on Mercator's site covers all versions of Civ2 prior to ToT, so that includes vanilla Civ2, Conflicts in Civilization (CiC) and Fantastic Worlds (FW), in addition to the Multi-player Gold Edition (MGE). The ToT document on my site can be found here. Mercator and I fiddled with it earlier in the year, so if you downloaded it some time ago, you might want to get the updated version.

Has anyone here done any hex editing for civ 1? I know TTG had a few programs for that...I was just curious if anyone could share some info...

Thanks,

CivPartisan

Top Bottom