Lost Worlds Mod Beta Thread

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by KingArthur, Jul 8, 2021.

1. KingArthur

KingArthur Searching for the Holy Grail

They're all carefully chosen. I fitted some techs and in some instance, whole civs around the best quality units available.

I keep it all on spreadsheet otherwise I would get hopelessly lost, plus it's easier to examine and change things in a spreadsheet than a biq.

All units except Vril and Zetans are already in the editor and working in game. Have to hunt down sounds for a few though.

I have the Moglin as a roaming barbarian unit on Mars but I am now going to add him to the Zetans since I love the airdrop animation so much.

2. KingArthur

Holding nothing back. Here are the Secret Society units. They are a bit different from a nation civ in that their cities are far flung across the globe but they do have the advantage of early contact, spying from the start of the game, and special units auto-produced from small wonders. The tech requirements for the units are offset from the normal civs being either temporarily weaker or stronger. Maybe not for a first play but a challenge for a more experienced player. Now all I need to do is test the game for balance :crazyeye:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    MartinLuther likes this.
  3. KingArthur

I have units for Haitans and once I had earmarked Paraguayans and Cascadians but for the life of me I cannot remember where they are now. I'm sure I'll find them. Cascadians were a mountain man unit (possibly by Sandris) and Paraguayans were conglomerate native and spanish rifleman (possibly by Balam Agab)

4. MartinLuther

MartinLuther look at this kawaii anime boy i found :)

I think the unit Mountain Man you're looking for is CivArmy's Voyageur: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civarmys-units-full-collection.113631/page-2#post-2686311

5. KingArthur

MartinLuther likes this.
  6. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

King Arthur... I am going to start a Conversation with you here as I am not sure if your E-Mail address is the same from years ago.
    I have some Older Units you might be interested to take a look at.

7. KingArthur

Vuldacon. I’m still using the same gmail account o*****s@gmail.com

8. Vuldacon

9. MartinLuther

MartinLuther look at this kawaii anime boy i found :)

It'd be cool to have Spring-Heeled Jack as a unit for the Secret Society. No clue what unit you'd use for it, though.

10. KingArthur

Could be their paratrooper type unit but there is no good unit available that is springy enough.

11. KingArthur

Mod is coming along nicely but I can't help tinkering with city placements and little details. Just to check that I'm still of sound mind what do you think of swapping the Machine Gun with the Bicycle Gun?

Seems appropriate that it comes with the tech: Machine Tooling. It's a machine gun mounted on the handlebars of a bicycle!

12. KingArthur

Another example of tinkering. The Secret Society can't just be the all-hidden hand, manipulators of historical local powers so I added some flavour from the 19th century literature:

The Begum's Fortune (Verne) - Prof. Schultze Chemical Bombs
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Begum's_Fortune

The Island of Doctor Moreau (H.G. Wells) Dr. Moreau's Hyena-Men
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Island_of_Doctor_Moreau

History is still fun of course. Check out the Bushranger. Take your pick from Ned Kelly Ned Kelly - Wikipedia or Captain Thunderbolt - Captain Thunderbolt - Wikipedia

13. Vuldacon

King Arthur... All seems Very Appropriate to me and I actually prefer the more Novel Bicycle Unit over the "normal" Machine Gun Unit.:thumbsup:

14. KingArthur

15. Vuldacon

King Arthur... It is normal for the "wheels" to turn slowly especially working with a more extreme game. You are organized and I am sure it will all be Great in the end of development.

Keep your "cool" and your organization with tasks... even if you change some Units, you have the basics accomplished and it will become easier to manage.

The Text files are an extreme time consuming area and I suggest holding off completing that area until you have the Units and everything added as wanted. This is especially true because the game play factors will affect what you will want to say about Units, Wonders and Improvements in Text files. You will be more able to write the Text files after the Game is more completed.

Perhaps you can get several others to join you to help write the Text files but they Need to know what you know about game play and all additions.

Focus on Game play and the additions you want for now :thumbsup:

KingArthur likes this.