Lotekwar

WarDance

Prince
All right, this is an edited first post....

Lotekwar will be an Ancient Age Conquest game.

Version: yet to be decided... PTW or C3C
Difficulty: Monarch
Random map
World size: Standard?
Raging barbarians
Civilization: yet to be decided

Rules: We must never research or acquire any technology beyond those of the Ancient Age.
We must win by Conquest or Domination

Roster:
Wardance
MSTK
TheBB
MjM
One or two more players maybe?

MSTK said:
In fact, why ever connect irons? You'll be fighting with Warriors until Industrial Age :p

Well there's always archers :) But also once in the MA you can upgrade all those buggers to swords. There's no way around Medeival infantry either so I haven't really decided what to do with that aspect. Perhaps MI will have to be acceptable. Aha! MI are acceptable once one rival or we ourselves have researched Chivalry. Same would go for Longbows. There we go.

WarDance said:
Well there's always archers :) But also once in the MA you can upgrade all those buggers to swords. There's no way around Medeival infantry either so I haven't really decided what to do with that aspect. Perhaps MI will have to be acceptable. Aha! MI are acceptable once one rival or we ourselves have researched Chivalry. Same would go for Longbows. There we go.

Swords require iron :p
So, technically, they won't be the lowest units AVAILABLE, because you will always have warriors available.

j/k

MSTK said:
Swords require iron :p

Yes, and we cannot connect iron in the Ancient Age. So any AA wars will be with archers, warriors, and spears. MA wars will be with swords and horsemen while the AI has passed on to muskets, knights and cavalry.

Ah, I get your meaning. You are correct they won't be the weakest units available. They'll just be crummier than the AI's units...

Well now you've got me thinking, MSTK. You bring up good points. Perhaps I should simplify things. Only fighting with AA units... which of course means never getting Feudalism, Invention, or anything else that would permit other units. In that case, perhaps a civ with an AA unique unit would be a better idea.

I'll leave both options open and see if there is any interest.

Thanks MSTK, I appreciate your input.

lurker's comment: AAConquest is fun. It's been done before and puts up an edge on the game. Classically, it consists of not researching anything MA, no GL (raze if captured), with any non-sci civ.

Beorn-eL-Feared said:
lurker's comment: AAConquest is fun. It's been done before and puts up an edge on the game. Classically, it consists of not researching anything MA, no GL (raze if captured), with any non-sci civ.

I think that sounds better than the variation I proposed.

I'll join. Get your variant rules sorted out though. :)

All right, I think it's going to have to be Ancient Age Conquest. That will simplify things quite a bit. Hopefully I'll have a minute or two later to edit my original posts...

Original game post has been edited. This will be an Ancient Age conquest game. Have four interested players so far... one or two more would be good though we could get started with what we have.

The next thing to decide is game version. I don't really care wether it's PTW or C3C so it's open to discussion. As for civ choices, Rome and Persia are obvious choices, but I'd rather try something different like Carthage or the Iroquois, or even Aztecs or Celts :). Aztecs would be tough but could be fun.

The more powerful AA UU the better. It'll probably stand or fall on the UU. Traits are secondary IMHO.

I vote celts. Gallic Swords are slick. :)

Oh, I vote C3C too. I don't know if I'll be able to play if this goes on PtW.

I've actually never played as the Celts so that would be cool.

I'll be gone for the weekend with no computer access and will pick things up when I return on monday.

Lurker's comment: Celts would be best for this using only AA units. Their swordsman is the best Ancient UU IMO, and they are militaristic which would be useful. Get a good map with iron and try and weaken / destroy several civs before they get knights and muskets. From then on, it'll all be uphill.

Top Bottom