Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Third Age (War of the Rings) Scenario

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Just an LotR mod, not a scenario

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

Erutirn

Chieftain
Well, aftering doing some random modifications to CivIII on my on computer, downloading a lot of mods and stuff, and having worked on an LotR map for StarCraft (No, not that horrible 'blood' series). So, what I want to know is: Would you people like to see a LotR map? I'm trying to get a poll to work... however, for non-Third Age stuff like the Dagor Bragollach, I wouldn't do as well as I could... not as familar, much more familar with late Third Age (War of the Ring) stuff. Also, I could just take the various races that survived into the Third Age... make civs and rules for them... try to make UUs and stuff and let you folk run around on a random map or whatever.

There was a very active LOTR/Silmarillion thread a while back that seems to have gone quiet. Suggest that you go back in time in this forum and check it out/offer to get involved. By the way, my answer was yes.

Thats an excellent idea. It would be cool if there is some way to illustrate the destruction of Numenor, but I guess this probably couldn't be done. (I don't know much about the technical aspects and utility making). That would definately be cool to see Gondor take on Mordor. The only thing is that every unit would have to be civ-specific, I don't think Gondor would want the Uruk-Hai under their flag.

I agree, it would be rather strange to see the Gondorians employing the Orc People (Uruk-hai) in their armies. However, you can set it so that only certain civs can build units. The only problem with a mod/scenario is the problem with animations, or rather... a lack there-of. Static figures are easy enough, let alone crazy animated stuff... anyway, thanks for the information about the Sil thread, I shall search for it...

well if u make a mod then u should make a second age mod , so that the civilizations would still have to create cities (unlike in a scenario)

but is it possible with the current editor to make a scenario? or would that be an Hacked Savegame?

Nice to see your name again Feanor - what happened to the last thread which was going strong for awhile? I do agree that the current editor may not be up to the task. For what it is worth, I have 'asked' for a couple of new editor capabilities that would be useful in this endeavor in another thread that Firaxis is active on. Let us hope that this mod will become a reality.

By the way, I agree that the First/Second Ages will make the better game.

Just checking in to see how things are progressing. Willing to help however I can.

Top Bottom