Votes: 18 48.6%
  • This scenario isnt very good...

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • This is crap!

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters

Sarevok

Civ3 Scenario Creator
This is a scenario based upon LOTR: the Return of the King. The map was created by hagbart, but I created the scenario. This is set to take place right after the battle of Helm's Deep where the Uruk'Hai were nearly completely eliminated and the ents ravaged Orthanc. Orgilath has fallen to Mordor, and Frodo, Sam, and Gollum are headed for Mordor with Faramir not far behind. The people of Rohan are saved, and Orthanc will fall soon, but the Heroes will need to rush to Gondor to save the kingdom from Sauron's assault. The map itself is pretty much the same as my LOTR: The Two Towers scenario as far as cities are concerned, but units have been replaced upon the map. In addition, many wonders have been renamed into LOTR counterparts. A new version will come soon with additional details. Have fun!

This is a PTW Scenario. The Player chosen is Gondor.

BTW: if anyone can make a good LOTR modpack, then I would really like to use it.

V 1.0 Removed after 128 Downloads.
V 1.1 Removed after 540 Downloads.
V 1.2 Removed after 20 Downloads.
V 1.3 Removed after 991 Downloads.

Attachments

• lotr_rotk_v1.4.zip
    40.6 KB · Views: 5,968
Nice Sarevok, i think you should add the Olog-Hai to the game, they were Mordors version of the Uruk-Hai but they were bigger.

Damn... This is truly impressive. I thought it was really tough though... but when i played it as mordor it was really fun and i got to controll the world! I wish the game let you have it so that you can have the ring and stuff :( . oh well, its really good.

I downloaded it and took a look at it in the editor. It looks pretty cool and i cant wait to play it tomorow. However theres a few things that i would like to see changed. The river between Minas Tirith and Osgialith should probably be done with coastal water. I know this would look kinda odd but if you could make a special tile for it then it would look cool. I think it would be better because as it is, you can cross anywhere and i really think that it would better if you had to strategically control crossing and employ boats to cross with. I saw this done on one of the Return of the King scenarios for civ2 and it worked really well. I hope you understood what i was getting at. :crazyeye:

Originally posted by Sarevok
Ill put that in then, in 1.1. what unit do you think looks alot like them, or at least gives that sense?

The Warrior Monk from the japanese unitpack, if you dont want to use that i would go for Impi or Samurai.

I dont think you should replace any of the Orc´s with them, I tried a game as Mordor and i find them to weak, you must remember that they would have won the war if the ring had not been destroyd.

Here is my suggestet stats A6D3M1+1hp, they were big trolls so a high attack and one more hitpoint seems right, one other thing you placed all the Nazgul in Mordor, why?

BTW Mercenaries should´nt upgrade to Pikemen or should they?

I haven't played this yet, but from the discussion I have a few comments:

1. Based on the actual story, the war should be impossible to win unless you're Sauron.

2. I was thinking about how the Ring can be simulated. What if you created a "rescue the Princess" victory condition and called the princess "The One Ring?" And rig it so it starts out with the Fellowship player in possession of the princess/ring and all you have to do is make it to the Crack O Doom with the Ring/Princess to win. I think the Crack would have to be a city in disguise I guess. . . I'm not sure how much control over the graphics there is. . . .

But still, it would be a hard scenario for the Fellowship player to win. In truth, the only reason they were able to sneak the ring into Mordor was because Sauron had no friggin' idea what they were up to. If he'd had even the slightest inkling what was going on, all would have been lost... How do you simulate that? You'd have to make it so that Mordor was always the computer player. And that's no fun!

Also, I was under the impression that the Olog Hai were trolls.

I really liked the idea and a first glance with the civ3 editor made me feel like it was great, so I tried it out.

The map is way to easy! This is because the AI of the computer still thinks it should get technology's and wonders and so forth.

I just made contact with Neutrals and exchanged techs for map. Made contact with Mordor and exchanged my techs for about 2000 cash. Contact with Gondor exchanged contact for some cash also gave them horses (made them graceful). Contacted Isengard and exchanged my techs for cash. So now I have like 4500 cash. Begin hurrying(?) a lot of veteran riders. In the mean while I kill of neutrals with my ents and mercenaries (built a couple of them) so I don't start a war and maybe get mordor against me or those elfs. Start war with Isengard who only has a couple of units because he has no cash and because he sends some of his units away. After that I kill of those red guys (hobbits) and build a forbidden Palace with a leader in one of those cities. Now I'm the greatest power and casn take it easy. Especially since I have my heroes guarding the cities bordering Mordor who hasn't attacked me still.

I know full well that the scenario can be easy. If the editor allowed me to set up relations, then it would be difficult. I do also intend to make mordor much stronger in 1.1 yoda.

could you use the easy upload feature? thats thr only way i can download updated scenarios.:)

Sarevok, 1.1 isnt working at all...

Easy upload: look at the buttom at this page.

PediaIcons: look in the text file, there is something called PediaIcons. Its a txt document. Open it and scroll down almost to the buttom. There is something written called Aminame(or something like that). It looks more or less like this:

#Aminame: PRTO_Warrior(this is the unit you have in te editor)
Warrior.(this is the animation it should look for)

do you understand now?

Top Bottom