Lots of problems trying to remove BUG

Kesshi

Emperor
Hello,

I've been having lots of problems removing BUG from my core civ files so that I may play space mods and I just can't quite seem to do it. I've been at this for a few days, and still no success in removing BUG from my core civ files.

Here's what I've done so far:

Used the windows Add/Remove programs to remove BUG. Bug remained.
Uninstalled and reinstalled BTS. Bug remained.
Uninstalled BTS, deleted my /Program Files/.../BTS folder, then reinstalled BTS. Bug is still here.

Am I missing a folder to delete stuff from?
Do I need to uninstall and completely reinstall my Civ game to remove BUG?
If I do need to uninstall Civ, do I need to delete other folders?

I have installed BUG via these two files in the past:

BUGMOD_351.zip
BUGMOD_3.6.exe

If you can, please help. I can't begin to tell you how frustrating my "trying to remove BUG so I can play CIV space mods experience" has been.

alerum68,

The first time I installed it I thought I installed it as a mod. However, that wasn't what it did. It added a "dresden" mod which crashed on load, but BUG was installed over my core civ files so I didn't need to use a mod to have the BUG features. That was acceptable, until I wanted to play space mods. Now my core civ files have BUG on them, even after I uninstall BTS, and I cannot play space mods. :(

Delete the directory CustomAssets from your Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword folder. Also delete the directory BUG Mod. If you want to play again, wait for the 4.0 release, and run that to install as a Mod, then leave it run it's default set up, and you can just play as a mod and won't have to worry about conflicts.

Delete the directory CustomAssets from your Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword folder.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so very much!

If you want to play again, wait for the 4.0 release, and run that to install as a Mod, then leave it run it's default set up, and you can just play as a mod and won't have to worry about conflicts.

That's what I tried to do the first time, but I think I made the mistake of choosing the wrong option. Regardless, after I chose the wrong option, I couldn't remove it because I didn't know that BUG stuck things in my \my games\... folder. Thanks again.

Also, do you have an ETA for 4.0?

Thank you!

Thank you very much for BUG 4.0 and BUG in general. Also thank you for assisting with this problem, which I admit I caused on myself.

Everything seems to be in order now. Much appreciated! :)

Top Bottom