1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Love this game

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Strategy & Tips' started by Carrion, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Carrion

Carrion Chieftain

I am a civ veteran and I just picked this game up. I do have to say it rocks. I've been reading the complaints on this forum about this game. All i have to say is HUH:confused:?

There isn't a perfect game out there so stop nit picking at the poor things about this game. It is so much freaking fun!

Just making a huge colony and managing the economy is enough for me to have oodles of fun! 3 chears for this game! :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

2. obsolete

obsolete Deity

Stop spamming.

3. scottfreitas

scottfreitas Chieftain

What did he spam?

I like the game a lot, too. Only differnce is, I had to tweak many hundreds of things in the XML files before I DID like it alot.

Stll miss the old "Alarm" system with the Indian villages, though...

4. jenks

jenks Prince

second that. like it loads at the moment and im not messing with the xml myself.

can it use a patch/mod to resolve some balance issues/exploits people have been highlighting? of course. and ill love it when thats here

ps
    how is the guy with 2000+ posts dissing someone spamming?

5. Palomino

Palomino Chieftain

The complaints come from those who expect better from Sid. Those of us who played the original Colonization are appalled at how bad this new version is in comparison. A good balance patch will fix a lot of issues but even then it won't be as good as the original game from 1994 imho.

6. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

He's got 4 posts. How much could he have possibly spammed? :confused:

7. nbcman

nbcman King

Maybe at the time obsolete posted he created numerous 'love' threads that have been deleted by the Admins since then?

8. dalgo

dalgo Emperor

Wouldn't that still count in his post total? At the time he posted it was actually his first post in this forum.

9. Carrion

Carrion Chieftain

Perhaps I can shed some light.

It was my 1st post. He was upset at something and judged me harshly.

10. Supr49er

Supr49er 2011 Thunderfall Cup

Welcome to the Forums Carrion. :beer:

11. DMOC

DMOC Mathematician

Edit: Nevermind...

12. NuWorld

NuWorld Warlord

Nit picking? This game is so broken, probably one of the worst games I ever played. Nothing makes any sense. Too bad that economy has nothing to do with "winning" the game, you don't any need economy at all...

13. American Empire

American Empire Chieftain

I know. I like the game too. I just got it Wednesday and have played it ever since. The only thing I wished was that the time frame was longer. It's only based over a few centuries so it's not as long. But, the way you play the game is wonderful! It's probably the game that you have to watch over the most out of the entire series. :)

And, she was not spamming. The smilies just show her emotion towards the game. If she continued to smile, that would be smile spam which is 5 smiles and above. Just to let you know.

14. TommyTankRush

TommyTankRush Chieftain

This game is less complex than the Charlemagne expansion that came with BTS. It offers less gameplay alternatives and is briefer with a cheaper feel.

Yet it cost £20.

Some people just do not know when they have been had like sandwiches.

Good grief. :confused:

15. Joeexplorer

Joeexplorer Chieftain

I've been a member here since 2002. And you can clearly see that I'm not a spammer. But I felt compelled to reply to this one.

Why can't a guy have a positive comment for the game. As a long time Civ player, I like this game. And I like it for the economics and building up the cities.

Yea, you don't need to, but you play the game the way you want to play the game. Out of maybe 30 starts I have only finished one game so far. That's because I'm trying to get a perfect economy going. That's the way "I" play.

If I want to rush build and destroy an Army, I'll play Age of Empires.

It's a good game, with, IMO some minor issues.....Big Deal.....