Love You, Baby Boy

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Good day, fellow Civilization fanatics. You may recognize my username as the co-founder and a past co-/lead administrator of Apolyton Civilization Site or creator and writer of the ongoing One More Turn dramedy podcast, but I anticipate most of you know me as the co-founder and one-time lead co-host of PolyCast (PC), the original Civ strategy podcast and only one still in continuous production.

When I announced my then-pending departure from PC in 2018, I explained that I "came to th[is] decision as a result of changes in my personal life[...] not any wanting to disassociate myself from the show or distance myself from Civilization even". I was not more specific in my write-up than that, though I did mention the following on the show itself: that July I got married, having purchased a house with my then-fiance the year prior, and we adopted a puppy named Miley that September. I was last a guest on PolyCast in June of 2020, my eleventh such appearance to that point and to date.

Now with this (re-)introduction and overview said, the reason I am starting this thread is to share with you -- the Civilization community -- another change in my personal life... one I would argue is the most significant to date. Last October, Allison and I welcomed our first child, Evan, into the world:

evan-danqs_son(march_2022).jpg

Whether or not you are a parent yourself, I expect it will not come as a surprise for you to learn that while I am still playing Civ, it is not as often as before he was born. Our house has certainly been filled with more laughing, learning, loving and living than ever before since! The photo of him above is from late March, and indeed he has continued and is continuing to grow still.

Love you, baby boy.

Let's see, Evan born in October, that is what 7 months ago? I guess he has you both well trained by now to respond to his every command. Have fun, it gets better and better. :)

It is good to be loved
:yup:

Let's see, Evan born in October, that is what 7 months ago? I guess he has you both well trained by now to respond to his every command.
:lol: -- not every, but close to it.

Have fun, it gets better and better. :)
:)

Thank you also to Evie, Birdjaguar, leif, Kaitzilla, Pouakai, Gorbles, bernie14 and caketastydelish for the likes, and Narz and The_J for the congrats.

He's a cutie. Your mood is up, I assume he's sleeping in stretches, then, finally. ;)

Whether or not you are a parent yourself, I expect it will not come as a surprise for you to learn that while I am still playing Civ, it is not as often as before he was born.

I bet in the years to come your son will pick up Civ as well, and you'll have lots of fond memories to look back on as he grows older!

Our house has certainly been filled with more laughing, learning, loving and living than ever before since!

:goodjob:

Congrats DanQ!

He's a cutie.
Thank you kindly.

Your mood is up, I assume he's sleeping in stretches, then, finally. ;)
Yes, yes and yes.

:D

Have never heard of you,
Well, now you have. :lol:

In all seriousness, if you find yourself mostly in CFC's Off-Topic forum here, I'm rarely here myself.

but congrats on the new mint!
Thanks. :)

I bet in the years to come your son will pick up Civ as well, and you'll have lots of fond memories to look back on as he grows older
I like the sound of that -- my wife may not :mischief:, but I do.

:goodjob:

Congrats DanQ!
Thanks, Darsnan, and good to hear from you!

(My acquaintance with Darsnan goes back to the days of Apolyton, and PolyCast (PC).)

Thank you also to IglooDame, AmazonQueen and TheMeInTeam (speaking of PC, hey Phil!) for the likes.

Thank you, Oerdin, for your like of this thread as well.

Evan is seven-and-a-half months old now; the beginnings of his demonstrating measures of independence, alongside the continued evolution of his personality, is certainly making for the latest in interesting times. :)

Mobility is increasing then?

Top Bottom