Love'in every minute of it

Civtilltheend

Chieftain
(Sorry mods to start another praise thread)

Started playing the game on the lowest graphic setting (core duo 2.2, 4 gig ram, 9400 gt 512 megs). Ill admit it is awful looking and I am sure going to come to a grinding halt late game.

Been a civer since Civ2, before that played the original colonization on a 386.

To the game itself. This game is awesome. I like the new streamlines ui, no more clicking this and clicking that to get where I want. Although I liked narration by LN this new guy is growing on me. So for my most favorite new feature thus far, WAR!. My first instinct was build a stack and attack, lol, not any more cause dude you have no stacks.

I am two hours into the game and had to pull my self away from the computer. I will be setting up my new civ 5 box tonight and then put some more time into the game. But from what I can tell, Civ4 is going right next to civ 3 on the shelf.

That is good you are enjoying the game. I am curious, are you playing on DX 9 or DX 10/11?

In 2 hours of game play, how many turns is that? How long before turns is it?

180 turns or so. dx9. The game looks awful. I have black blobs for clouds, and the civ leaders are not animated just a still shot. I wish I could have seen Montezuma as i ravaged his civ

You not missing anything with the civ leader animations. Yeah when I started CiV demo, it looked really ugly. Finally got demo to work. Still not conviced if this game is a buy or wait till 3 patches and see what happens.

Glad you're enjoying it, OP! I'm loving it too.

I'm playing in DX10 mode, and I have had a couple crashes plus one occasional graphical glitch -- sometimes the intersection of tiles will create a shimmering rectangle. If I zoom in on it or click near it, it goes away. Still, I played for about 12 hours yesterday, and that was about the sum of my problems. But I'm on a new power rig -- quad-core, Win 7, 12G RAM, ATI 5970.

Top Bottom