1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Low performance Win10

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Technical Support' started by Rodrig0, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Rodrig0

Rodrig0 Monarch

Hello guys!

A few months ago I bought a bigger computer to run the newer games. Mind you, it is not THAT new, but it runs fine games from around 2008 and before. Last night I wanted to play some Civilization III again, so I installed it. The game loads and runs fine, but it seems to have display issues. It takes very long to swap from one unit to another. I now have a Core 2 Duo @ 2.66 GHz, 3072 MB RAM and 256 MB Video card. My previous computer had like 1/4 of all this, and it ran Civ3 better. Anyone knows what might be wrong? Thanx in advance :D

2. Civ3Jason

Civ3Jason Chieftain

Check the Pre-rendered frames setting in the NVidia driver, if that doesn't help did you check to make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card?

3. lethaltoto

lethaltoto Chieftain

Original post was in july 2017, so I Don't know if an answer will still be helpful…

Anyway, the answer is that this "bigger" computer was already to old and "good to scrap" when you bought it in the early 2017
    And most of all, absolutely not designed to receive Windows 10 and work properly with it
    Windows 10 is designed to work on recent and powerful pcs. And particulary on new SSD drives, and least for the system and programs (data still can be stored on secondary mechanical sata drives).