1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Loyalty flip as the Mapuche

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by 7daysofwar, Jul 11, 2019.

1. 7daysofwar

7daysofwar Chieftain

This might sound stupid but I need some help with these guys. I am trying to loyalty flip with them but it never works. I am killing units and try to pillage everything but I never seem to be able to loyalty flip my opponents cities. Do I do something wrong with them?

2. Leucarum

Leucarum Chieftain

It's very difficult to actually flip cities with their abilities. And often it may not be possible. But reducing loyalty gives that city production penalties so you are still hurting them.

The Mapuche's real strengths aren't derived from their 'signature ability'. The +10 combat vs civs in a Golden Age is amazing. And a couple of early Chemamul's give them a Cultural head start over most Civs. They also have a really good start bias.

3. 7daysofwar

7daysofwar Chieftain

I see, I am little dissapointed but thanks for your information. Might have to change my gameplans

4. Leucarum

Leucarum Chieftain

I could easily be wrong. Maybe someone has a reliable strategy for using their city flip?

That said, I think they are my choice for most underrated civ.

5. 7daysofwar

7daysofwar Chieftain

I actually came up with a plan to pillage 20 tiles in a city at once, maybe that will work but my neighbours need bigger cities for that

6. Nigel_Tufnel2

Nigel_Tufnel2 Chieftain

7daysofwar likes this.
  7. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

@7daysofwar you found the answer which is to get them starving and unhappy for -10 is a good start. The trouble is by the time you pillage tiles you have killed off their army, so it is a rare occurrence.

7daysofwar likes this.
  8. toni10001

toni10001 Chieftain

Loyalty gains every turn so if you kill off 1 unit int their territory its a -20, then next turn their loyalty pressure will be calculated. If it a positive like say +32, that that will bring it up. So if you want to flip their you will still need to reduce the natural pressure so that when you use their combat ability to reduce loyalty, it wont get reverted the next turn.

Spies, Amani and bread and circuses are good for doing this if you have a nearby a city that can run the project. Amani has a 9 tile radius -2 per turn.

Clicking the loyalty icon will give you an idea how much they gain each turn.

9. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Chieftain

In early game it's pretty much impossible but later you can combine:
    1. Spies and the forment unrest mission
    2. Light cavs with pillage promotion who can pillage 3 to 4 times in one turn standing on a fully developed district
    3. Entertainment districts with bread and butter projects near the front line
    4. Rock bands with indie promotion
    5. Amani

10. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

What the Mapuche is really good at is speeding up a flip rather than starting one.