1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Loyalty++ 5.3.3

adds several changes to loyalty:

1. Gueux

Gueux Chieftain

thx again, I think the problem is not that it doesn't print but that you don't search the right thing cause I moved the ":" behind the turn so it should look like "Turn 1: event", so I moved it where it was before now I fixed the error you found(I think)

Attached Files:

glider1 likes this.
  2. cuso210

cuso210 Chieftain

I just had a game that crashed at turn 131. When I reloaded, the loyalty was still at 5000 but the box bellow the city name, where all the loyalty info is, is gone. I don't know if the mechanics are still aplying but there's no way to know. How can I provide logs for you to see if something is happening?

3. cuso210

cuso210 Chieftain

Reloaded the turn before to the crash and nothing, it's gone

4. cuso210

cuso210 Chieftain

Reloaded the turn before to the crash and nothing, but two turns before and it appears again!

5. Gueux

Gueux Chieftain

if it doesn't appear it surely mean my mod failed to load, nothing in the lua.log?

6. cuso210

cuso210 Chieftain

Just happened again, this time not with a crash but with a saved game. It seem's it happen's everytime I reload.

Should I look for anything in specific? because there's a lot on it

7. glider1

glider1 Chieftain

search for "error" in the log Cuso210.

8. Bonci

Bonci Chieftain

Hello, I've started a new game:
    Standard map with 22 players (6 deleted at the start).
    Emperor difficulty.
    Normal speed.

Results:
    Lots of revolts, that should be nice (I've set the max loyality to 1000 because I wanted total mayhem), but...
    Rioters kill some units and pillage some tiles but they inevitably lose (never seen them get to attack a city).
    When a city revolts its loyality gets reset to 1000 and it goes in "grace mode" for many turns.
    This leads to the scenario where no city ever becomes independent ever XD no new civilizations or even free cities.
    Civilizations are always busy killing rebels so no one has troops to attack other civilizations.
    In my entire game not a single city changed hands (except some conquered city states).

In the meantime I, the player, never had any problem with loyality and cruised to the desired victory condition (just don't change government while you are in a dark age).

As far as I can see maybe the solution is to NOT reset loyality to max when a revolt occurs (you could have it frozen or maybe even keep it going up or down while in grace mode).
    So you can get one/two revolts and if they fail and you still haven't resolved your loyality problems your city becomes free.

Another quick suggestion, about migration: would it be difficult to put a notification when a migration happens? As of now it's a bit too transparent and it's difficult to see the effects in the game.

What do you guys think?

@Gueux thanks again for your amazing mod!

Gueux and glider1 like this.
  9. Gueux

Gueux Chieftain

Thanks for reporting your game,
    there is already a notification when you gain/lose a citizen with migration, doesn't work?
    if you want more information about migration in cities click on the migration bar on the right of loyalty panel to open "migration view", I will see about not reseting the loyalty after revolt

10. Bonci

Bonci Chieftain

I never saw a notification, maybe I never lost population from migration. Not sure about that, I will do a test.

11. cuso210

cuso210 Chieftain

Ok, so I found this:

LoyaltyMod: Loading LoyaltyMod.lua from Loyalty++ version 5.3.3
    Runtime Error: C:\Users\aubit\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Loyalty++\UI\CityBanners\LoyaltyMod.lua:181: function expected instead of nil
    stack traceback:
    C:\Users\aubit\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Loyalty++\UI\CityBanners\LoyaltyMod.lua:181: in function '(main chunk)'
    [C]: in function '(anonymous)'
    Lua callstack:
    Error loading file where=, file=C:\Users\aubit\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Loyalty++\UI\CityBanners\LoyaltyMod.lua

It was a new game and I reloaded a few times with no problems, until now. It's the only error in the lua. Maybe it conflicts with some mod? Or could it be that I edited one file to give back Phoenicia it's ability?

Gueux likes this.
  12. Gueux

Gueux Chieftain

Thx for reporting this error, it's cause I used a function that I create later in the file, so no problem with Phoenicia or other mods, I fixed it and now loyalty change during "grace period"

Attached Files:

glider1, Bonci and cuso210 like this.
  13. Bonci

Bonci Chieftain

I think it's not working:

Turn 177

Turn 178

14. Gueux

Gueux Chieftain

no error in lua.log?

15. Gueux

Gueux Chieftain

and loyalty can't be less than 500 so it seem normal?

I could reduce the limit but if loyalty reach 0, the city become free

if you want to try you can modify it manually in LoyaltyMod.lua file at line 2052:

local To500 = 500 - Cityloyalty - LoyaltyPerTurn;
    change the 500 to what you want like

local To500 = 1- Cityloyalty - LoyaltyPerTurn;
    limit would be 1 loyalty, so I do not recommend it cause it will surely create random free cities

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  16. Bonci

Bonci Chieftain

Oh ok, I didn't know loyality could not go under 500! So it's ok then :)