LRV1- Scouting Warlord (lol)

Lumin

Niman of Draconis
That's right, we are scouting it *COUGH* anyway, here we go.

Civ: Germany
Diff: Warlord
everything else: Random

Victory Conditions: Everything except wonder (i think)

Roster:
(NOT OSG)
Lumin
RealGoober
Vancouver2010
(it is just us so please don't ask to join the roster)

This is our first sg so that is why it is not open. (next time it will be though :D)

Ok well here we go:

4000BC- Well we started out being Germany. There are 3 sugars and a tobacco in sight when Berlin was founded. (if my sentences seam short it is because i'm new at this whole SG thing)

3950BC- oh ya, I started Research on Cerimonial Burial. But this turn . . . zzzzzzzzzzzzz

3900BC- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3850BC- Yay warrior goes north.

3800BC- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3750BC- Another warrior gouse south. Changed production to settler.

3700BC- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3650BC- Well the warrior that went south ran into water leaving only one direction to go, North

3600BC- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3550BC- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3500BC- Settler is created and sent north to some game found in the north.

3450BC- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3400BC- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3350BC- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3300BC- Pottery was completed and I think the land was set to archipeligo because there is nothing left on our little spit of land.

(the pic of our starting location wont load so the pic down below shows all the land we have)

3250BC- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3200BC- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3150BC- Leipzig was founded to the north and started on a granery b/c i didn't want to waste a whole bunch of sheilds.

3100BC- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3050BC- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

WEEEEEEEEE well there we go (oh and everyone else will be doing 15 turns a piece)

Here is the save RealGoober:SAVE (in zip format)

*cringe*

Ouch on the land.

did you settle Leipzig on the game? i would have choose the site NW of the cattle. just a lurker's comment

Well, here we go on this lovely little island Paradise. I think that this shall be a colony island, and we shall have to find a bigger island to settle upon, and do a palace jump to there. We start off slightly crippled, but we shall overcome (in theory . . . )

Anyway . . .

1) 3000BC - Berlin builds a settler, another is started upon

2) 2950BC - zzzz

3) 2900BC - zzzz

4) 2850BC - Hamburg found south of Berlin using OCP.

5) 2800BC - I may be able to see another island to settle upon. We are making full steam ahead in techs to Mapmaking, which is critical for our Civs survival. All cities shall be coastal cities.

6) 2750BC - zzzz

7) 2710BC - Pottery has been discovered. Work started on researching Writing, then Mapmaking!!!

8) 2670BC - zzzz

9) 2630BC - Worker built in Hamburg. Started work on temple, IIRC.

10) 2590BC - zzzz

11) 2550 - Settler built in Berlin. Sent to settle north of Berlin, on the Forest near the cattle.

12) 2510BC - zzzz

12) 2470BC - zzzz

13) 2430BC - zzzz

14) 2390BC - Leipzig builds granary, Konigsberg founded.

15) 2350BC - zzzz

And I'm spent. Not really. But we have room for one more city on our little island, so we need one more settler until we have built all the cities possible, until we get galleys.

I didn't see the point for a screenshot.

Good Luck Vancouver2010, here is the save:

LRVI - Scouting Warlord

Originally posted by Smellincoffee
*cringe*

Ouch on the land.

You have no idea man. Were going to get gallys as soon as posible. :D

@Smellincoffee: Ya, the land sucks, doesn't it? But we shall persist . . .

@conehead234: Lumin settled Leipzig. I woulda settled there anyway to acheive perfect OCP. I am gonna do OCP with all cities I build . . .

And yes, Vancouver2010, the link doesn't work. One of these days I shall figure things out . . .

2350 BC (Inherited):
  • Science funding increased from 60% to 80%. Writing now due in 3 turns instead of 5.
  • Luxury funding cancelled entirely. At the moment, just a waste of money.
  • Berlin cancels Settler in favour of Granary. We're wasting shields waiting for Berlin to grow to size 3!

2310 BC (Turn 1): :sleep:

2270 BC (Turn 2):
  • Leipzig trains Worker. Although more workers are needed, Leipzig only grows to size 2 in 10 turns; therefore Leipzig switches to Curragh.
  • Worker automated. I know this is not very efficient, but we're all lazy, and the rest have been automated, so I automated this one too.

2230 BC (Turn 3):
  • Writing researched. Research focused on Map Making. Due in 12 turns.
  • Berlin builds Granary. Switches to Settler.
  • Konigsberg trains Worker. Switches to another Worker. New worker automated.

2190 BC (Turn 4): :sleep:

2150 BC (Turn 5): :sleep:

2110 BC (Turn 6):
  • Berlin builds Settler. Berlin switches to The Colossus. Using as a prebuild for The Great Lighthouse. (I get that funny if-you-don't-build-the-Lighthouse-you're-SCREWED! feeling...)
  • Settler sent to hill above the Game. Although this location will cause considerable overlapping, I have determined that the Game will be vital in creating a stable city. The hill was chosen over the tundra adjacent to the Game because of reduced overlapping and the ability to use the Mountain and Hills as potential shield sources. Harbour Vital.

2070 BC (Turn 7):
  • Konigsberg trains Worker. Switches to Temple. Worker automated.

2030 BC (Turn 8): :sleep:

1990 BC (Turn 9):
  • Leipzig builds Curragh. Switches to Worker.
  • Curragh automated. I suggest that you should take manual control of the Curragh if it spots anything interesting.
  • Hamburg builds Temple. Switches to Barracks.

1950 BC (Turn 10): :sleep:

NEWS FLASH! The Netherlands build The Colossus! (Ah crikery!)

1910 BC (Turn 11):
  • Due to the building of the Colossus by the Dutch, Berlin switches to Temple. Fortunately, no shields wasted. Unfortunately, The Great Lighthouse will have to be built from scratch.

1870 BC (Turn 12):
  • Berlin builds Temple. Switches to Curragh for more naval exploration.
  • Hamburg builds Barracks. Switches to Granary.

1830 BC (Turn 13):
  • Berlin builds Curragh. Switches to Barracks.
  • Leipzig trains Worker. Switches to Temple. Worker automated.
  • Hamburg's cultural radius expands. Reveals pink border. New Curragh directed towards border.
  • Settler builds Frankfurt. City begins Warrior.
  • Map Making due in one turn. Science slider reduced to 30% to recoup some financial losses incurred during research.

1790 BC (Turn 14):
  • Map Making researched. Research focused on Philosophy in an attempt to get a bonus tech.
  • Science rate increased to 90% to allow for Philosophy in 4 turns. -4 GPT sustained (total -16)
  • Berlin cancels Barracks in favour of The Great Lighthouse. Due in 18 turns.
  • Leipzig cancels Temple in favour of Harbour.
  • Hamburg cancels Granary in favour of Harbour.

1750 BC (Turn 15): :sleep:

A view of the German Empire:

Lumin, here's the game. (RealGoober, the problem with your link was that you tried to upload a RAR file, and you can't. You must upload ZIP files.)
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/LRV1a.zip

Additional: Note the foreign border in the bottom right corner of the screenshot.

I suggest that whomever is playing next adbandon Leipzig, and rebuild it one tile over, to minimize overlappage. This doesn't look good guys. We have virtually no land, and no Islands to be seen and to colonize. We may have to conquer the Pink coloured dudes, and just hope like heck we get Iron. Otherwise . . .

Let us hope that we can find other nearby larger islands to colonize . . .

Originally posted by Speaker
This lurker would recommend not abandoning. There are not enough 2-food tiles to cause overlap to become an issue. And there will never be a 3-food tile up there at all.

I must say that I concur with Speaker on the issue of Leipzig. We really could put the shields that would go to the repositioning Settler to better use -- by using the shields to build a colonizing Settler.

Actually the whole reason i suggest adbandonment is because Leipzig is build on top of a Game tile. If we move it one tile up, then it gets the City Center benefit out of the nearly useless tundra AND the Game that it is currently located on . . .

Since Lumin is unable to play his turn for a while, I shall play today (or sometime soon) just to keep this SG going. Moderators: This SG is still going, but the players are bogged down with Exams right now. It will be going faster shortly. Please do not close this thread.

Wow, what a series of turns. Quite intense, no "zzzz's" this time. Here we go:

0) 1750BC (Inherited) - First things first. Adbandon Leipzig, it will not be productive in its present location, and there is nowhere else to coloniz at the present moment. Frankfurst chahge from Warrior to Worker. Konigsberg change from Temple to Settler.

1) 1725BC - Hamburg Builds harbor, starta Galley. Konigsberg builds Settler, starts Temple.

2) 1700BC - Send Curraugh on a suicide mission to discover the identity of the Pink Civ -> Discover French, trade Mapmaking for Iron Working . . . and . . . WE HAVE A SOURCE OF IRON!!! (AND THE CROWDS GO WILD!!!). Wow, I thought we wouldn't get a source, on this pathetic little Island. It is near Frankfurt. Then, as if this turn wasn't great enough, we discover Philosophy first, and get a free tech, me choosing Code of Laws, then WE GET A SGL!!!. I obviously use the SGL to rush the Great Lighthouse (We need it BADLY!!!).

3) 1675BC - Woah, one would never guess, but we build the Great Lighthouse in Berlin!!! Start Galley in Berlin.

5) 1650BC - Fiddle with Domestic Advisor, we are now making +1gpt instead of -4 gpt.

6) 1625BC - Build Munich near Leipzig to get the benefit of the Game, and more access to Coast/Sea tiles. It starts building a harbor. Continue Exploring French Territory, find Colony Island #1

7) 1600BC - Berlin builds Galley, starts Settler.

8) 1575BC - Discover Thw Wheel, start Masonary. Find the Sumerians, trade our Alphabet and Iron Working for their Masonary and Polytheism.

9) 1550BC - Berlin builds Settler starts another. Frankfurt builds Workers, starts Harbor.

10) 1525BC - Sumerians start Pyramids, don't really care 'cause we need Settlers. Put settler on small 1 city Marsh/Jungle Island. Mainly for denial purposes . . .

11) 1500BC - Konigsberg builds Temple, starts Settler. Sumerians, French start building temple of Artemis, don't really care as before. French built the Oracle in Paris. We have 3 cities available for cranking out Settlers and Galleys.

12) 1475BC - Discover The Wheel, start Horseback Riding. Berlin builds Settler, starts Settler.

13) 1450BC - Hamburg builds Settler, starts Galley. We have no Horses, but there is some on an Island off yonder . . .

14) 1425BC - Build Heidelburg, our first Colony. I can see that this is DEFINITELY a Archipelago, looks like 80% water.

15) 1400BC - Berlin builds Settler, starts on a Galley, Konigsberg builds a Settler, starts on a Settler.

And I'm spent. Wow, fairly intense turns. Whomever plays next shall have some intense colonizing to do, we can see some Islands, and must settle before others. The GL really helps, a noticeable difference should be felt. We must keep exploring and settling.

LRV1 Save

Screenie:

And it is now off the Vancouver2010 (Unless Lumin finds the time first.) We are doing good, lets keep it up!!!

Edit: I do now know what is wrong with the Screenie. I did everything correctly, Uploaded it, opened it, copied/pasted the address . . . it is a .JPG

1400 BC (Inherited):
  • Science rate set to 30%; Horseback riding due in one turn.

1375 BC (Turn 1):
  • Horseback Riding researched. Research focused on Mathematics.
  • Science rate set at 90%. Mathematics due in 5 turns @ -6gpt. Treasury currently at 43 Gold.
  • Curragh exploration reveals yellow border.

1350 BC (Turn 2):
  • Settlers near Berlin board Galley and set off to claim new territory.
  • Settler builds Nuremberg. Starts on Worker (5 turns).

1325 BC (Turn 3):
  • Curragh reveals more yellow territory, but the civilization remains unknown.

1300 BC (Turn 4):
  • Berlin builds Galley. Switches to Harbour (3 turns).
  • Konigsburg builds Settler. Switches to Settler (8 turns).
  • Yellow civilization identified as Mongols.
  • Settler builds Cologne. Starts on Warrior (5 turns).
  • Science rate set to 60%. Mathematics due next turn. Gold loss reduced to 1 Gold this turn.

1275 BC (Turn 5):
  • Mathematics researched. Research focused on Literature.

1250 BC (Turn 6):
  • Munich builds Harbour. Switches to Temple (30 turns).
  • Hamburg trains Settler. Switches to Settler (8 turns).
  • Mongols are building Temple of Artemis.
  • Settler lands on new island.
  • Settlers load on Galley and leave Berlin.

1225 BC (Turn 7):
  • Berlin builds Harbour. Switches to Galley (3 turns).
  • Nuremberg trains Worker. Switches to Warrior (5 turns). Worker automated.
  • Settler builds Hannover. Starts on Worker (5 turns).

NEWS FLASH: The Netherlands build the Pyramids!

1200 BC (Turn 8):
  • French are building Mausoleum of Mausollos.
  • Galleys transporting settlers or exploring; nothing more. :sleep:

1175 BC (Turn 9):
  • Frankfurt builds Harbour. Switches to Worker (5 turns).
  • Heidelburg trains Worker. Switches to Warrior (5 turns). Worker automated.
  • Cologne trains Warrior. Switches to Worker (5 turns).

1150 BC (Turn 10):
  • Berlin builds Galley. Switches to Galley (3 turns).
  • Konigsberg trains Settler. Switches to Harbour (8 turns).
  • Galley reveals purple border and unloads Settler.

1125 BC (Turn 11):
  • Mongols are building the Statue of Zeus.
  • Purple civilization revealed as Portugal.
  • Settler builds Bremen. Starts on Warrior (5 turns).
  • Galley discovers orange Galley. Revealed as Netherlands.
  • Warrior from Cologne finds goody hut. Produces a new Warrior.
  • Science reduced to 30%. Literature due next turn. +12 gpt.

1100 BC (Turn 12):
  • Literature researched. Research focused on Construction.
  • Science rate set at 60%. Construction due in 8 turns @ -2gpt.
  • Nuremberg trains Warrior. Switches to Harbour (15 turns).
  • Hannover trains Worker. Switches to Warrior (5 turns). Worker automated.
  • Berlin cancels Galley (1 turn) in favour of Library (1 turn). No shields wasted.

1075 BC (Turn 13):
  • Berlin builds Library. Switches to Barracks (2 turns).
  • Settler builds Stuttgart. Starts on Warrior (5 turns).

1050 BC (Turn 14):
  • Hamburg trains Settler. Starts on Library (10 turns).
  • Frankfurt trains Worker. Starts on Temple (30 turns). Worker automated.
  • Heidelburg trains Warrior. Starts on Harbour (15 turns).
  • Cologne trains Worker. Starts on Harbour (15 turns). Worker automated.
  • Settler builds Bonn. Starts on Worker (5 turns).

1025 BC (Turn 15):
  • Berlin builds Barracks. Switches to Worker (1 turn).
  • Worker builds Colony. Iron now connected.

The minimap and stats of the German Empire:

And the save game:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/LRV1a.zip

Sounds good. Who is next? Is Lumin able to play? I'll ask him today, I guess . . .

Lurker comment: well becuase the title is "Scouting Warlord," I just want to make sure you guys know, on Warlord up, when you would in real life go into negative gold, and on Chieften, you would go to zero, because there are no negative, you lose either a unit, or a building requiring support. Just a lurker comment, in case you didn't know.

Ya, we know.

And yes, Lumin named this "Scouting Warlord" because of the "Scouting Sid" game.

Since Lumin seems to be eternally unable to play, I shall play it next (tomorrow?!?), then Vancouver2010 can take it from there.

Top Bottom