LSOE thread-Suggest the next leader!

EMT

Hated by the Spaniards(?)
So, here we have it, the place where I'll post a list of LSOE games and where I'll figure out who I should play as next by asking for people's opinions. You may see me preach this in LSOE games, but PLEASE do leave commentary about my games and on what leader and difficulty I should play next, and any specific settings you would like to see/goals. So, without further ado, here's the great:)lol:) list of LSOE games!

----------------------------------------
1. LSOE 1-Hatshepsut-In this game, I go on a quest of mad expansion that never seems to stop because of a DOW in the early game that has me conquer most of the old world and followed by mass nuking and razing of the new world!

2. LSOE 2-Joao-Here, we end up going on a colonization spree that makes us masters of the combined Spanish and Portuguese Empires, minus Asian possessions, and all of West and Southern Africa, France, and Italy! We end up taking the Portuguese all the way to Alpha Centauri!

3. LSOE 3-Huayna-This game starts with Huayna, alone and isolated, on his goal to create a nice, peaceful empire........On Giant Earth Map!

4. LSOE 4-Shaka-Possibly the most hellish game I will ever play in my life, we shall play as Shaka Zulu and fight our way past the barbarian hordes of Africa! Did I mention we're playing Giant Earth Map? No matter, this fly, styling gentleman of class shall prevail!
------------------------------------------

Leaders to be played following the current game(in order):
1.Suryavyaman
2. Mehmed
3.?

--------------------------------------------

Well, I need opinions and feedback. Who do you want to see played next? Be as vague or specific as you like. "A New World Civ" or "I want you to play the German Empire with only 4 civilizations, them being China, Zulu, and Aztec on the map with raging barbarians, always war, and have the game start in the industrial era, with no tech trading, no espionage, and have every German city start with a Factory." The more ideas and details I get, the more interesting the games become. Please leave any ideas you have that you want to see me struggle through. Of course, mention the difficulty level and size of the map. Some things to keep in mind.

Numbers of Civs on the map depending on the size:
Duel=2
Tiny=3
Small=5
Standard=7
Large=9
Huge=11

Difficulties I can handle so far:

Anything below these levels
Prince
Monarch(3/4ths of the time)
Emperor is where true challenge and extreme attention to detail on my part become the norm. Pick this difficulty if you want to make me cry.

Happy suggesting/discussion! :wavey:

I really enjoyed the map you used, and would heartily recommend a second (or a very similar one, 18 civs preferable).

Hmmmm... well I like to see the least-spammed civs on these, so who hasn't gotten any forum love?

Romans are definitely out. Persia, Celtia, Germany, and (obviously) Egypt have all gotten recent play here.

I'd say my #1 choice would be João, since it would be quite fun to see how you handle the ultra REX he's capable of. Also, the cramped start and massive potential colony-spam could be quite enjoyable. And if you could have that much fun with Hatshepsut, I can hardly imagine what kind of fun you'll be able to poke at Johnny.

Other than that, I'd say Pacal/Monty/Hyana/SB to get a New World start and see how that plays out. Given how few civs can start out there and the abundance of land, that could make for a really intriguing contrast.

[edit]Oh and I'd put my vote in for Monarch (no crying, but no cakewalk). And maybe even turn Vassalage off. But that may just be mean... :mwaha:

Thanks for being the first(and so far only) person to respond to this thread and show such much enthusiasm for my infant series! I agree with you on playing as Joao. I may or may not get a cramped start, and I have a lot of respect for him after all the techs he got me in the last game as a vassal. I agree with you on playing with vassals off. We have to eliminate. :satan:

Following Joao, I plan on playing as Huayna Capac. OHEMGEES THE CRAPTASTIC MOUNTAINS STARTTTT@!!@!@@@@@@@@ Well, yes and no. I'm going to play as Huayna on GEM. ON A LAPTOP :suicide: I'm going to be playing the map only with no additional add ons such as RevDCM or anything like that. I feel like that map represents how fertile Peru really is. If only there was a valley terrain, then Huayna's Earth 18 start would be much more playable. Also, I'm going to limit the number of civs to 6 or 7. I don't want to fry my laptop. Although if I get around to ever installing civ on my 6gb RAM desktop, then we might be talking full blown 18 civ GEM(someday).

Any suggestions or tweakings to the above or in addition to will be highly welcomed.

I notice you can't handle Chieftain.

I'd prefer SB for the New World start.

'scuse. Whenever I try to play this map (EarthEvolution) I get a MASSIVE rivered grassland. It has random resources (cow, iron, marble, corn) but is most certainly not earth: only grass, no plains, deserts or oceans. What is this? How do I stop it?

This is what I get:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0647.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0647.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 487
Ah yes, that happens sometimes when it's not placed in the right location. You need to place EVERYTHING you got in the .zip file, not just EarthEvolution, in the BTS Publicmmaps folder. The folder in your programs files, I believe. I don't know why, but Vista installed Civ4 to AppData. It still works fine though. Infact, I've always wanted to play on that screwed up map and win. Someday..........when I'm incredibly bored.

Well, LSOE 2 has been completed and I've started the Huayna game......I need more ideas for other games! I've decided to play Suryavyaman next....he's appeared in every game so far as the sole ruler of East Asia.........every single time I've wanted to club his head in! So, I've decided that if I can't do so, I may as well play as him. Hopefully, we'll be so fortunate to get a desolated East Asia like him....if not, then god damn my luck. :p Any other ideas for more games/settings/leaders/etc.? Anybody?

Sury was pretty hard to cut down compared to the rest (still easy with 400 cavalry). He would be interesting. Japan, sitting bull, and Shaka could be interesting also.

You might wanna change 'my measly one at the moment'.

Good points both of you. :lol:

I'm sort of pleased how all of my threads are on the top of strategy section atm. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. All that brown by Shaka's start sort of scares me, but I agree. Shaka after Huayna, but that game is gonna make me wanna :suicide:, I can already tell.

Mehmed or Suleyman? Central Asia was depressingly left out on Earth maps.

Hello

Personally, I would like to see a game as Sitting Bull on Emperor going for a culture victory. I have recently moved up to Emperor and am having difficulties (albeit, I am having a load of fun). I would like to see your take on the Native Americans, the map I leave up to you although I usually play Fractal. Thanks.

After Suryavarman my suggestions are (written in preferential order).

Celtified Brittain:

Don't care which leader but an island start would be a nice difference from the continental civs you've played so far. Potentially another colonialistic game, but then again the cetic hordes could always crush the filthy eurotrash beneath the wheels of their mighty chariots.

God-King Gilgamesh

The birthplace of civilisation, potentially constricted (depends on what civs pop up). here you can go conquest, quite easily, of if your not inclined culture. Mainly here id like to see a showcase of the first true civilisation, and if you do this id really hope for a crowded start for early war.

The Real Turkey

An absolutely wonderful start, lets see what you make of it.:lol:

Just to be clear the turkey start is central asia, not anatolia

Top Bottom