Luchuirp worldspell

Milosrdenstvi

Chieftain
There seems to be a lot of players who cast the Luchuirp worldspell on turn 1. Is there any particular reasoning behind this?

If they plan to use the Golden Hammers as free Engineers, then doing so early means your production is boosted when you need it most.

I (when I allow world spells, and when Luchuirp) tend to play with advanced start, giving myself several cities and settlers if it won't let me place a city in a good spot. ONce I've settled all the good plots, I cast the spell immediately.

Yeah as Cultuum says, you cast the spell to settle an engineer. This means that you will get a Great Engineer very early. I usually settle this one as well, which means AWESOME production for so early in the game.

I find this is the best way to use their spell without exploiting the game (moving hammers is exploiting I think).

I find this is the best way to use their spell without exploiting the game (moving hammers is exploiting I think).

If they can be picked up and moved about then it seems to be an intended feature, not an exploit.

In order to move them you have it pick up a hammer, walk to the city you want it in and delete the unit. It then appears available for you to create an engineer with it. I don't think its an intentional mechanic, else you'd have a command to just drop it

On the OP, I will either cast it turn 1, or rush 3 or so cities early game then cast it. Certainly I can't imagine waiting any longer

@DrStalker: The only way to move them is to kill the unit carrying it as a weapon. I do not feel this is an intended feature. (Dropping it is an intended feature, cause otherwise you would lose it, but you know what I mean)

It's really amazing how good the first turn Gifts works. Say you are in pacifism. You get +2 production for each of the first 25 turns, when you get your first GE. Then you are +5 Production from then on.

Combine this with the fact you can start a Mud Golem turn one, and you get a pretty major developmental bonus. Even more, starting turn 25, you have a 3 science bonus.. pretty big for that early in the game, where you can often only be producing 10-12 science at that point.

You don't HAVE to cheat to get them all in one city. You could use the Obsidian Gates to move them (though to do THAT you wouldn't be using them on turn 1)

If you've ever cast 'Birthright Reborn" however, you'll know this is a ridiculously fun thing to do. Nothing like 18-20 Engineers in your capital :).

Well that doesn't sound like it should work either, but at that point in the game it doesn't matter anyways.

The Luchuip (like the Grigori) have no hero defined in def getHero(self, pPlayer): in CustomFunctions.py

CvGameUtils.py calls this function in def cannotConstruct(self,argsList), and forbids building The Shrine of the Champion if the civ does not have a hero defined in CustomFunctions.py

Thus, the Luchuip can never build the Shrine of the Champion.

Resurrection is also pretty much useless for them, although I guess you could still use it on a graveyard to bring an Iron Golem back from the dead...umm...maybe to give life to a iron coffin?

The only way to move them is to kill the unit carrying it as a weapon.
You can also transport them with disciple units and use the disciples to grant culture, dropping the hammer. Still kind of exploit-y but not quite cheating.

If you really want to see this worldspell exploited, advanced start is the way to go.

Buy 5-6 cities (someone once did it to me with 10 :eek:) and put a scout in each. Cast worldspell turn 1 and run them all to the cap.

5-10 engineers in capital turn ~3 = game over.

not speaking of advanced start: boosting your production when you can't produce anything due to not having techs doesn't sound so awesome to me.

It gets your first mud golem out even earlier, typically the first thing to be built since they don't require food. That way you can began building an infrastructure, also the hammer will get you a regular Great Engineer even earlier which is a big help for either research or more production.

OK, one more question: for the Mithril Golem to be built, does the AC have to be at 70, or does it just have to have touched 70 once in the game? So if I join, say, Veil, to drive the counter up, and then go back to RoK and it drops back down, can I still build the big guy?

It has to be AC 70+ for it to be in the build orders. If the AC even drops to 69 for one turn while you are building it, the production is canceled.

(I don't remember whether the city keeps the production points for when the AC rises again and you start over.)

Top Bottom