Luxury monopolies

Just tried to play on coffee, wanted to stop by and say how grateful I am for this thread
Haha, tried to play on coffee,tobacco,and cotton early.(i think this is 3 worst luxuries to start on, and their monopoly bonus does not justify for it)
I will truly respect you if you can catch up with the AI in immortal+ game.

You're not actually talking about CBP here, are you?
After about one month playing vp, indeed salt is not in my top 5, let marble alone, not even in my top10.

I think top tier luxury will be gold, coral, jade, incense,fur. And their monopoly bonus is good enough for them. Early culture tile is just too op in VP

G, you haven't responded since this was suggested, so I am wondering, will a small amount of Golden age points be added to the Golden age monopolies, so that it gives extra length and a small amount of points?

G, you haven't responded since this was suggested, so I am wondering, will a small amount of Golden age points be added to the Golden age monopolies, so that it gives extra length and a small amount of points?

No, just the length modifier. There are already a lot of floating gap in the project from beliefs and policies, etc.

Is there an easy way to change the monopolies myself then? I do have some knowledge of modding. I just really hate the length modifier. It feels borderline useless. I'd even prefer if they were all made happiness instead.

Considering that happiness gives you GA points, I wonder if in the long run the +5 happy actually generates more turns of GA than the GA length does?

I have no idea it's just an interesting thing that could be investigated

Considering that happiness gives you GA points, I wonder if in the long run the +5 happy actually generates more turns of GA than the GA length does?

Really doubt that, but it depends on where your GAP comes from I guess.

It costs a lot of points to get a golden age,I don't know the numbers but I think its several thousand for your third or fourth. +5 per turn would be 1500 points in a 300 turn game, +25% length would almost certainly provide more (unless you had only 1 golden age ever)

According to the code the amount of GA Points needed per GA is:

UPDATE Defines SET Value = '750' WHERE Name = 'GOLDEN_AGE_BASE_THRESHOLD_HAPPINESS';
UPDATE Defines SET Value = '1250' WHERE Name = 'GOLDEN_AGE_EACH_GA_ADDITIONAL_HAPPINESS';

I just want to point out that in the poll, 6 people voted in favor of adding Golden Age points, whereas none voted against it. That seems like a consensus to me.

According to the code the amount of GA Points needed per GA is:

UPDATE Defines SET Value = '750' WHERE Name = 'GOLDEN_AGE_BASE_THRESHOLD_HAPPINESS';
UPDATE Defines SET Value = '1250' WHERE Name = 'GOLDEN_AGE_EACH_GA_ADDITIONAL_HAPPINESS';

So If I'm reading that right it's

Etc

I think this thread led to some good changes. I wanted to point out a couple of low performers I'm seeing though

Cotton- its base of just +1 gold is very weak. I think its okay to start weak, provided it was above average at some other point. But its pretty average throughout the game, because all its early bonuses are gold and culture cities on cotton monopolies really hurt development wise.

Crabs and Whales- these only get 1 food from a work boat, which makes spending the 40 hammers on it early on a painfully slow investment to make. Its likely you are already short on production if you get one of these as a monopoly. For comparison, pearls and coral get 1 hammer and 1 culture. Maybe crabs and whales could get another hammer on their workboat?

Sea luxuries start worth to play is only coral and pearl. Both has good base yield, and great fishing boat yield.

I will never see myself playing with crab or whale monopolies starting bias.

And btw, does they have specific yield boost building? Not something like lighthouse,seaport,etc. While at it, i will try to list some yield boost building in next post, since tile tooltip doesnt show it, and finding all through civilipedia is a chore.

Sort from earlier tech:( i am doing it without computer right now, will edit it later)

Stonework: marble,salt,jade
Arena:olive,perfume
Forge:copper
caravansary: cotton,truffle,fur
amphiteater: dye,lapis lazuli
Temple:wine,incense
Circus:ivory
Grocer:tea,coffee,citrus.
Bank:gold,silver,gem

I forget what boost sugar tile.

Please tell me if i miss something.

Sea luxuries start worth to play is only coral and pearl. Both has good base yield, and great fishing boat yield.

I will never see myself playing with crab or whale monopolies starting bias.

And btw, does they have specific yield boost building? Not something like lighthouse,seaport,etc. While at it, i will try to list some yield boost building in next post, since tile tooltip doesnt show it, and finding all through civilipedia is a chore.
I checked it before, and all sea resources are improved the same way, with lighthouses, harbors and seaports. It's not a bad design if crabs and whales workboats were a bit better. Easier monopolies to achieve.

Top Bottom