Luxury resource missing from trade window

LetMyPeopleGo

Prince
Recent game, playing as Gorgo-Greece I've captured Aachen the German capitol and their only city (early game), the wine resource in that city is connected and shows up in 'View Reports' -> 'Resources' but doesn't show up in the 'Make Deal' screen.
Several turns later I've connected a second Wine resource, now under 'View Reports' -> 'Resources' there are 2 Wine resources and in the 'Make Deal' screen only 1 Wine shows up.

I've tried clearing the plantation and building a new one, still the same.

Any advice please?

Thanks.

Here there are, 2500 BC before and 2000 BC after.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• GORGO 101 2500 BC.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 151
  • GORGO 151 2000 BC.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 145
I've reloaded an old save game of mine where I took all Chinese cities including the capital Xi'an, the Chinese are now out of the game. There is one Jade at Xi'an which shows up both on the report and in the trade screen so if this is a bug it is specific to Wine or Greece or Germany etc

Although it's turn 101 in your first save, it's Marathon speed, so that corresponds (roughly) to turn 35 or so on Standard. What I notice is that at turn 101 you hadn't researched Irrigation yet, but by turn 151 (after conquering Aachen) you had. I'm not going to play forward 50 turns of your game (sorry, I don't have the time), but even if I did I wouldn't match what you did, so the odds of replicating your problem is low.

Since in the turn 151 save you aren't getting any amenities from the wine and cannot trade the wine, I suspect this may be related to the bug described in this thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ble-to-sell-luxury-that-you-settle-on.605549/. If you conquered Aachen before researching Irrigation, then later researched it, the game may not recognize the preexisting plantation (and not even recognize it after removing the plantation and restoring the plantation, as you describe and as I also tested).

Thanks for your reply.

Should I upload a saved game just before Irrigation research has completed?

Is the bug described on the referred link affecting other resources, strategic for example? It could be common practice to conquer a city with connected Coal before having researched yet the appropriate tech.

Last edited:
I have uploaded several saves, Aachen wasn't the only city, later on I took and razed Berlin, but it doesn't change the outcome and the behavior is similar to the description in the above referred link the you posted.

Uploaded the folowing saves:
One turn to irrigation already own Aachen
One turn to irrigation ready to take Aachen
Completed researching irrigation ready to take Aachen
Took Aachen with irrigation researched - have full control over Wine, can trade it.

Attachments

• 1 turn to irrigation own Aachen.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 178
  • 1 turn to irrigation taking Aache.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 158
  • Have irrigation taking Aachen.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 172
  • Took Aachen with irrigation full.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 158
Top Bottom