1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Luxury Resource Price?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by JimboThrasher, Jul 27, 2011.

1. JimboThrasher

JimboThrasher Chieftain

How much gold are you getting? i haven't found any difference between difficulties but after the patch it went down from 300 gold to 240 gold. i have never been able to get anything more than 240. Same with everyone else?

2. Villager720

Villager720 Warlord

I get 360 from neutrals and friends

3. JimboThrasher

JimboThrasher Chieftain

really? wow, ive usually play emporer but recently played games from settler up to get the achievements and even friends wont give me anything more than 240 gold. is there anything special you are doing? and are you running the latest patch?

4. TheBlackHole

TheBlackHole Chieftain

Yes, 240 golf is the standard now, which makes sense as luxury resources only give 4 happiness instead of 5. (So the rate is still the same -- i.e. 60 gold per happy face)

5. Brichals

Brichals King

Think it depends on game speed also. I think I have gotten 450 from Friends on epic many times. (maybe thats prepatch though). The value was reduced in the last patch to 4/5 of what it was before.

6. Babri

Babri Emperor

The cost has always remained 60:c5gold: per :c5happy: on standard. On Epic speed it is 90:c5gold: per :c5happy:.

7. JimboThrasher

JimboThrasher Chieftain

ah, that solves it. ive been playing standard lately even though i love me them marathon games!

8. Villager720

Villager720 Warlord

Yeah I play epic speed, hadn't thought 'bout game pace. So 240's normal speed?

9. Truthy

Truthy Chatbot

I recall getting 9 gold per resource (45 turns). It may have changed due to patches.

10. danieladler

danieladler Warlord

with marathon game speed i get 720 gold for luxury resources. (when the buying ai is neutral or friendly). pre patch it was 900. This price sometimes vary though. Sometimes a friendly civ wont pay full price (720g) but as little as 500 something. Its quite random.

11. JimboThrasher

JimboThrasher Chieftain

yea it seems to me that after the game goes on for a while, even if an ai is friendly they know in the end only one can win and they want to give you less.

12. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

In the Polynesia scenario the trades last 25 turns, and I was getting 250 gold. I thought it was 10 Gold / turn

13. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

On standard speed: 60 gold per happiness (240 post-patch due to cut in happy)
    45 gold per resource. Was NOT changed by the patch.