Luxury Resource Tier System?

tjj89

Chieftain
Is there one? I want to know the consensus on which resources are best, and why. Plantation resources seem to be buffed, for example. Including all reasons, such as the pantheon that buffs camp resources.

Everyone loves Salt.

I think almost every resource gets buffed by a building at some point though.

I think the best luxuries those which give either +3 food (citrus, crab) or +3 culture (jade, pearls?) When you have monopoly. You can usually get those early on and then get huge boosts in the early game.

Tea and Copper are probably the strongest overall. Honestly I really don't like these comparisons, because they usually involve deciding on overall strength yields, when in reality the strength of different yields vary greatly throughout the game.

Is there a thread or something that shows how each resource is affected by the monopoly bonus?

Personally, I find Jade to be by far the best early game resource. With the monopoly bonus which your almost guaranteed to get, the tile yields 3P, 1G and 4C. And stone works allows for internal production routes. This means you're an early production and cultural powerhouse.

Top Bottom