Luxury Trade Truffle Shuffle.

King Jason

Fleece-bearer
This is a short post, but I wanted to say I really dig the way luxuries are handled this time around. Obviously the importance of happiness makes them huge, but in most of my games so far I've notice one thing;

It's hard to get them all under your direct control.

This necessitates trades, either with or civs or via improving relations with city-states. What I like is that when it comes to civs, who are fickle creatures, I often find myself rotating between what luxuries I do and don't have.

This leads me to the final piece of the puzzle ~ We love the King day... I'm not sure if I've directly observe the repeat demand of a resource, but I think I have, and it's neat because some times you may have marble, and sometimes you may not. Furthermore, the more resources you do get in your empire, the less random the WLtK resource is going to be. I had one game where Marble was one 3 resources I didn't have, and eventually half my empire was demanding marble. So, I bribed a newly-discovered city-state to be my friend and saw an era of huge growth. To make the deal all-the-more sweet, the city-state that gave me the resource was maritime.

Anyway, I might do a full write-up about the game in a few more days, but I absolutely love it and my enjoyment for it increases every time I play.

City-states are easily my favorite addition to the civ series and I hope the become and remain a staple of it. :king:

Top Bottom