México: ¡Tierra y Libertad!

Conservadores José Mariano Salas
Expansion is what we need and economic growth.

General Election of 1862​

Remember to vote for a PARTY and CANDIDATE

With the primaries in completion, the two main parties have decided who they will have to represent them in the general election. With the failure of the more hard-right nominees to gain enough support, the liberal leaning of Mexico has become even more obvious.​

• Liberales

• Juan Álvarez, 72
    Spoiler :

• Intends on continuing Juarez Plan as lined out by Benito Juarez but focusing more on economic buildings
  • Wants to increase dipomatic and economic ties between Mexico and industrialized nations in Europe
  • Wants to stay out of the Colombian war
  • Has experience running Mexico as a nation
  • Says that Mexico ought to defend against the KKK, but in addition to ensuring that the economic situation is being dealt with

• Conservadores

• -Ignacio Comonfort, 50
    Spoiler :

• The most moderate of the Conservadores, he advocates for a less powerful form of the Juarez Plan.
  • Prioritizes the defense of Mexican interests against American terrorists
  • Wants to offer aid to Mexico's Colombian allies to ensure their victory against the British
  • Wishes to establish Mexico as a naval power and colonize Hawaii, if Mexico has completed its other tasks

Liberales-5
Juan Álvarez-4

Conservadores-4
Ignacio Comonfort-5

Liberales - Alvarez

Juan Álvarez. Let's avoid wars as much as possible for now!

Do we vote again? If yes then:

Conservadores and Comonfort

Yes, you do vote again. The first vote was the primaries, where you choose the candidate to represent the party in the general election. That's one of the big changes I've made. You guys are no longer just the people, voting in the general election, you're now Senators and delegates and whatnot. You can propose big legislation and you can do what any normal Congress can do. You can run Mexico, not just watch it.

Yes, you do vote again. The first vote was the primaries, where you choose the candidate to represent the party in the general election. That's one of the big changes I've made. You guys are no longer just the people, voting in the general election, you're now Senators and delegates and whatnot. You can propose big legislation and you can do what any normal Congress can do. You can run Mexico, not just watch it.

I don't know the mexican system is the same as USA's but ok.

The Mexican system is almost the exact same as the American system except for some minor differences. Differences that I won't bother to get into. For all intents and purposes just assume that the Mexican political system is basically the American political system.

The Mexican system is almost the exact same as the American system except for some minor differences. Differences that I won't bother to get into. For all intents and purposes just assume that the Mexican political system is basically the American political system.

Searching wikipedia Mexico didn't have any major or influencial political parties until 1910.
It swinged between autocracy and monarchy until 1910 when it became a single party state. This changed in 2000 when it became a multiparty systems with more than 3 parties trying to take the power. But this is an alt-hist story.

That's not what I found. I found that the system had two parties, the Liberales and the Conservadores. The presidential election was always between those two parties until the Conservadores dissolved after the failed monarchical takeover which made most Mexicans hate them. Then it was just the Liberales for a few decades, and then they splintered too.

Besides, I was referring to the system where there is an upper house (like our Senate) and a lower house (like pur House of Representatives), a supreme court with a chief justice, and a president and vice president elected to office.

It was monarchy then republic with a few instances of autocracy and then monarcgu and then republic with a few instances of autocracy. It's been democratic almost all of its life

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

If we also have to vote for parties, then I'll vote for Liberales. Just to remind you, I'm also voting for Juan Álvarez

Top Bottom