México: ¡Tierra y Libertad!

That's between you and Senator Morales, the man that proposed the bill. If he's willing to change it he can, but also run the risk of losing other people's votes.

If nothing is said here in the next hour about legislation then I will move on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

If nothing is said here in the next hour about legislation then I will move on.

Sorry for being so inactive. I propose an amendment to the Colombia bill - we recognize their independence but will refrain from acting on their behalf unless their position weakens to a dangerous level. If the situation becomes dangerous then we authorize the president to enter negotiations with a budget of up to 1000 gold but no more than this.

I vote for my bill with this amendment.

Since the change is negligible I'm just going to say it passed. Update a little bit later tonight.

Spring 1862: Legislation Passed by Congress and President

The process to get legislation passed after the election was one filled with various beliefs and many debates. The first major piece of work to reach the Congress floor was the African-American Inclusion Act that excluded the black population in Mexico that bars Americans from service in politics, as it was noted that ex-slaves are allies of Mexico and should not be treated the same as members of the KKK. Senator Santiago Valentin de Montes was the one that presented and argued for the approval of this act.

After the presentation of the first major piece of legislation, Senator Jose Morales came forward with his own proposals. The first being the Mexican-Colombian Wartime Trading Pact. The original writing of this stipulated that Mexico is to set aside a sizeable sum for assisting Colombia in the war and attempting peace talks between Colombia and Britain. After fierce debates and legislative gridlock it was agreed that this pact would only come into effect were Colombia in a dangerous situation, and peace would only be discussed if either side wished for the war to end. The legislation ended up barely making its way through Congress with President Comonfort approving its passage.

The second piece of legislation proposed by Senator Jose Morales was the Mexican Naturalization Act, which proposed that non-native Mexicans be taught Spanish and that Catholic missions be set up in American territory. Though there was an initial debate that fiercely contested the morality of attempting to "push" another language and religion on others, the legislation ended up passing with little resistance except from the most left-leaning of Liberales.

With the passing of two pieces of legislation involving Americans, President Comonfort thought it necessary that he do something as well, to help solve other issues in American lands. After signing off on all pieces of legislation, the Comonfort Administration announced the signing of an executive order dubbed the Ley Fuerzas Especiales (Special Forces Act). It was comprised of two pieces. The first was a general statement that would create a division in the army dedicated to specific missions that general soldiers could not do. The second piece created a very specific task force that would be used to infiltrate KKK areas and take out key officials. In the order it demanded that a certain number of these soldiers be black as well as white hispanic and non-white hispanic. The creation of the task force was proof to many that Comonfort was going to take the KKK very seriously, and has every intention in trying to destroy them.

Senator Santiago Valentin de Montes supports the creation of this unit. The KKK needs to be dealt with in a manner that will not just hurt it, but cause it to crumble.

Isaac Brown: A Mexican Hero, Chapter 1

"One shot of tequila please," said a black man as we walked through the door. His brimmed hat drooped over his tired eyes that spoke of a hard and unforgiving life. The bartender nodded and reached down to grab the glass and slowly filled up the glass. The man sat down at a stool as the bartender handed him his drink."Gracias," responded the man. The bartender accepted his thanks and sat down in his own chair and resumed the reading of his book, which appeared to be a review of ex-president Benito Juarez's failures in foreign policy. All around, the roaring scene of the bar created an atmosphere lively enough to rival that of a circus's, and just as rowdy. Amid the revelry the black man pulled out a note from his coat pocket and silently read it once more,

Isaac,
I just wanted to check on you. I know I might be the last person you wanted to get a letter from, but I've been worried about you since you stormed out of the house and haven't returned. We all miss you so very much, especially mom. Sometimes I hear her crying at night thinking about you. I'm not trying to make you feel bad, I know you were angry and you had every reason to be. Even though you're upset with us, please come back.

I've talked to dad, and he just wants his son back. He doesn't care about any of the other stuff anymore, he cares about you. He's really sorry for what he said and did. Please come back. We all miss you so much, especially me. Please brother, come home.
With love,
Jonathon Brown

Isaac folded the piece of paper and placed it in his pocket before downing his shot of tequila and requesting another. As the alcohol ran down his throat, his head began to clear and his body warmed up.

As the bartender handed him his second shot, Isaac began to feel unsettled and looked around him. He noticed a group of white men staring at him before quickly looking down at their card game. He examined them closer and knew they were here for trouble. Isaac looked back to his drink and made sure his knife was close to his side, in case a conflict began to brew. Isaac asked the bartender if he had any rooms that he could pay to sleep in for the night. He said yes and Isaac drank his second shot before standing up to go upstairs and turn in for the evening. As he got up, so did the four men that were playing cards. No one seemed to notice and the loud cheering continued as drunk patrons sang songs of valor and heraldry. Isaac made eye contact with the one on the far side of table, and noticed he had his hand on his gun holster with an indistinguishable Klan symbol on it. Isaac knew that he wasn't going to get out of this without a fight, and drew his knife, causing all of the bar to come to a standstill. The silence seemed to pierce through the hearts of every occupant, as the once cheery scene now turned into a standoff.

All of the sudden, the biggest of the group lunged at Isaac, his muscles practically ripping his shirt. Isaac sidestepped the man and caused him to tumble into the bar and hit his head. He began to get up, severely dazed, and swung at Isaac. The almost lackadaisical punch was easily dodged by the swift movements of Isaac, as he now ended up at the back of the behemoth. He plunged the knife deep into his spine twice before kicking his victim to the ground. The two men on either side of the farthest man charged Isaac as well. The one got a punch off onto Isaac and knocked him back a bit, and the other got a swing into his gut. Isaac dropped to his knees on the ground, giving the illusion of defeat, and then wrapped his one arm between his legs and grabbed onto the back of his shirt, and grabbed the front of his shirt with the other hand. He grunted loudly as he picked up the other man and threw him onto a nearby table, flipping it and causing the man to hit the ground hard. The other man pulled out his own knife and swung wildly in Isaac's direction. One hard swing threw the man off-balance, leading Isaac to pushing him to the ground before grabbing a stool and smashing it over his head. The other man tried to get up from the table but Isaac took an empty bottle and smashed it over his temple, knocking him out cold. Isaac looked back at the original table and now only saw the man with the revolver. Isaac spit out some blood and took position as he prepared for the final fight.

The man who had been inundated by a stool was now beginning to get up as the probable leader gripped his gun tighter. Isaac looked down at the man and back at the gun. Now stumbling as he stood, the man began to move towards Isaac and made a leap for him as the other man drew his gun. Isaac grabbed the lunging man and swung him in front of his own body as the shooter unloaded three bullets into his friend's back, causing the people that were just watching to hit the floor at the sound of gunfire. Isaac dropped the man and dove behind a wall as a bullet ricocheted off the wall and hit a bottle behind the bar.

"Just give you damn negro. You ain't got no gun to fight back with, only that there knife." The man yelled in his thick Southern accent to Isaac as he hid behind a wall.

"I have a gun and plenty of ammo, you just aren't worth the bullet." Isaac retorted. A few men snickered before the man yelled at them to shut up. Isaac knew this wouldn't be easy to get out of alive, but he needed a challenge. He grabbed a half-empty bottle and quickly turned the corner and threw it at the man before charging him. The bottle shattered on his chest and stunned him while Isaac grabbed the man's arms and held them up as the two tussled for control of the gun. The still surprised man unloaded bullets into the ceiling before shoving Isaac away and knocking the knife out of his hand. He pointed the gun at Isaac and pulled the trigger, but was shocked to find it just click. Isaac smirked before kicking the man up against the wall. He grabbed the man and slammed him against the wall several times before throwing him to the ground. On the ground Isaac took a few more shots at his bloodied face before grabbing him by his shirt and bringing him closer.

"Who are you and what do you want with me?" Isaac gruffly stated, ready to finish what he started. The man smiled his bloodied grin that now had a few gaps in it before responding.

"Jonathon says howdy." The man spat up blood as he laughed. Isaac stepped away, bewildered by this statement. Suddenly, anger coursed through his veins and clubbed the man's head with his own gun, knocking him out. Isaac stood up and brushed himself off. He walked over to the bartender that was barely peering over the bar and dropped some money in front of him.

"Sorry about the stool." Isaac stated before going up to his room.

A Stronger Mexico: January 1862 - January 1863​

With the victory of Ignacio Comonfort, the Conservadores took control of the Executive Branch, for many after far too long of a hiatus from power. While Ignacio controlled the presidency for the Conseradores, the Liberales still held control of the Legislative Branch, which would control the many decisions to be made by the president.

The first major action performed by President Comonfort was the construction of infrastructure and general support of Denver, a hub of the American territories and states. Workers were sent, under a federal mandate, to build up local infrastructure that had been destroyed in the seizing of it by Santa Anna, as well as teaching Spanish to the locals. Small schools dotted the city and country where poor, primarily black, citizens could learn Spanish and other basic topics essential to success in a competitive economy.

Spoiler :

Ignacio Comonfort began to pass initiatives to support the Mexican industry, and as such he provided incentives to fledgling businesses, such as steel foundries in the city of Hermosillo. The federal government set aside tens of millions of pesos to fund these steel foundries. It was hoped that the creation of steel plants in Mexican cities would drive up the fiscal effectiveness of such industries, causing more capitalists to attempt and invest in companies just starting up.

Spoiler :

Comonfort, though a supporter of building up the fringes of Mexico, wanted to ensure that the core of the country was solid as a rock. One step he took was to begin bringing scientific minds from across the nation and even world into the capital in the hopes of turning it into a burgeoning center of research.

Spoiler :

In American territories attacks by KKK groups were becoming worse and much more frequent. It was almost daily news that another church or school had been burnt down in attempts to terrorize locals into recognizing their American citizenship. Most of their targets remained in the country side, as they did not want to tangle with military or police forces inside of the city, but in Denver there was not much of force to even tangle with. KKK leaders soon realized this and pounced on the opportunity by setting fires across various parts of the city. White Knights charged through the city, torches ablaze, sending fear into the hearts of every citizen in that city, and sending a message to the federal government that something needs to be done now. When the day was over, the damages were not as bad as thought, but they could have been entirely avoided.

In Mexico City Comonfort pointed out that this is the exact reason as to why there needs to be more military capabilities for Mexico. His points were now resonating through more of the general Mexican populace in the wake of the Denver Fire of 1863.

Spoiler :

Sorry for the short update, things are "interesting" for me right now. Next update will be as voluptuous and sexy as you can imagine.

This is absurd. This is not what the Conservadores Party is about! We are about preserving the values of what made our nation great! Not conceding defeat to a new idea just because it was initially popular. Even though I voted for them, I don't support our new Conservadores party.

I say that those who want to see Mexico not turned into a Liberales-only paradise do something about it.

I need to clarify my point, I wasn't being clear.

It is not Comonfort specifically, but many of the Conservadores themselves. A long time ago, during the Juarez presidency he was a Liberale chosen by the Conservadores only because they wanted to try and beat Juarez, not because it was what is they politically believed in. They sacrificed principles in the hopes that they could get a victory, even if it wasn't something they believed in.

I'm not saying all Conservadores are like this, but the issue is that too many simply settled for Comonfort rather than truly supporting him because he was the better option between the two. Note how many people supported the other two candidates in the primaries.

The Conservadores Party is about holding up good values and ensuring that Mexico is protecting itself from outside threats. While Comonfort is a better torch-carrier of Mexican protection than Alvarez would have been, he is still not a true Conservadore.

Conservadores also support the building of Mexican technology. Strange as it may be, Conservadores would rather see Mexico advance forward in technology, as the gap grows larger the longer we wait. That is why the Juarez Plan is not supported by so many. Even though it provides good services to many people, it is causing our nation to become technologically inept. I know that the Juarez Plan was designed to increase our technological capacity, but it already has, and yet we will continue it. We can only wait so long before re-instating our technology funding before it is too late to become a true world power.

Black Populations Empowering Themselves

After recent legislations giving more political authority to blacks within Mexico, many across the country have begun taking advantage with this newfound power. In regions such as Tejas and Nueces, where black populations tend to be the majority after the exodus from Dixie, many high ranking governing positions have been taken by black men. Although neither states have a black governor as of yet, the most recent race in Nueces was extremely close, with Hernandez Smith, the son of a slave, losing by only a few percentage points to his Hispanic counterpart.

Although the vast majority of blacks involved in politics have taken to joining the Liberales Party, there has been a political entity gaining momentum known as the "Partido Populista Negro". The Black Populist Party, though only enjoying success in small regions of Tejas, has been on the rise, claiming that it is the "Party to protect every black man, woman, and child."

In addition to the increased political power of blacks, there has been a significant increase in black militias, meant to guard black communities against raids by KKK knights. Self-trained, self-funded, and self-armed, many of these militias have already fought back small attacks by bigoted attackers. As blacks gain more power and freedom within Mexico there has been a slight decrease in KKK violence, as their goal to crush the spirits of the black population has become nearly impossible. With the government and blacks finally in union against the KKK, it is no surprise that many White Knights are shaking in their hoods.

I declare my support for Partido Populista Negro. I'll also try to train and arm more black people to fight against the violent KKK.

The Partido Populista Negro thanks the Partido Liberal for its support, but at this time they would rather stay focused and small, working on improving yhe lives of the black people and avoid the whirlpool of national politics.

Blood and Politics: July 1863

With Mexico slowly moving more towards industrialization, the need for raw materials, such as various minerals and ores, was growing. Many untapped veins layer in the Northern lands of Mexico, leading to vast mining expeditions, where many were striking it rich, finding streams filled with silver and gold. Once news of the vast amounts of precious metals reached the public mass movements to the Oregon territory began. Mostly people from Mexico moved North, but immigrants from Australia, New Zealand, and even Europe began migrating to the West coast of Mexico go strike it rich.

The Chinese immigrants that made their way to Mexico as well, but not to strike it rich by starting their own operations. Fleeing the violence of the Taiping Rebellion, they had no life in China anymore so they decided to work in Mexico as laborers for those operating large-scale mining operations. Chinese immigrants began flooding the harbors of Los Angeles and Ciudad Hidalgo, as they made their way to the Rocky Mountains in search of work.
Spoiler :

In Mexico City, the federal government decided to appropriate funds to create a new university dedicated to training willing citizens to become educated contributors, able to aid the Mexican nation and people in its effort to drive forward. The Juarez University of Mexico City was opened September 6, 1863 with the motto, "Pro scientia et patria." (For science and nation).
Spoiler :

With the number of black militias rising rapidly, there was an obvious need to ensure they would not go rogue or step outside of Mexican law. It's dangerous to have militaries inside a nation that are not controlled by that nation. This is the reason President Comonfort introduced an executive order with intention to help organize these militia groups. The legislation accompanying the order created the "Comando Negro Defensa" (Black Defense Command). The CND was to be a semi-autonomous agency, in that they could act and arm at will, but that they had to have specific codes of engagement and were to be under the watch of the federal government, with the commander of the CND answering to the president.

The colloquially called "Black Guard" began to grow in numbers and skill as more joined as recruits and more funding lead to better officers and training for the recruits. Now all that was needed was for the elite task force to be created that President Comonfort called for.

Black Defense Command propaganda to appeal to black men, stating "Protect your family. Join the Black Guard."

Hoping to foster trade with North African nations, a series of deals were enacted. Though the rise in revenue from trade was minimal, the effort to reach out after years of introspection created an aura of involvement around Mexico, painting them as wanting to join in the turbulent seas of international diplomacy.
Spoiler :

With immigrants coming to Mexico from China, Comonfort sought to allow their entrance to become almost uninhibited. By opening Mexico's borders to Chinese immigrants it was hoped that more would come, leading to a stronger mining economy and thus faster industrialization and mote revenue for the federal government.
Spoiler :

November 12, 1863 was a day no differenttent than any other. United States Republican President John C. Fremont was set to arrive at Philadelphia in the early morning to speak at a gathering about American democracy. Fremont took the podium and began a speech no more or less inflammatory than anything else spoken by him, and generally talked about democracy. He paused after a sentence and looked into the crowd to see a man pushing himself to the front of the crowd. He began to start his next sentence but the man pulled out a gun and shot the president two times, once in the shoulder and the other in the chest. Fremont collapsed and the crowd turned to a panic with hundreds running around, screaming. Several soldiers tended to the president while the others attempted to chase down the attacker.

Eventually he was lost in the streets of Philadelphia, but the soldiers continued to search. Later that day, news came that President Fremont died en route to the hospital. Not only that, but it was soon discovered this was just one part of a coordinated attack. In seperate shootings Secretary of State William Seward, Secretary of War Edwin Stanton, and Speaker of the House Galusha Grow. Seward and Stanton were both killed in an explosion that rocked downtown Washington D.C., blowing up the carriage they were riding in. The bombers are unknown and likely on the run. Speaker Grow was killed by a gunman who ran into the Capitol Building wielding a revolver. The assailant was gunned down by soldiers, but not after finishing the murder, he was identified as Isaac Goldman.

The only other attack was on Vice President Abraham Lincoln, committed in his own home. While on visit with his child, Robert Lincoln, a man broke into the house and attempted to kill Lincoln at the crack of dawn before he was awake. Though the man managed to break in undetected, Lincoln became aware of his presence as the door to the guest bedroom he and his wife were staying in slowly opened. When Lincoln saw a man he did not recognize at the door, wielding a large knife and gun he apparently attempted to subdue the attacker by throwing a book on his nightstand at him. The attacker was hit in the face and fired a shot blindly, hitting the wall. Everyone was now awake, with Lincoln's wife screaming and running to a corner of the room. The man took aim one more time but his gun failed to fire. He tried to stab the Vice President but was subdued when Robert Lincoln knocked the man over the head with a frying pan.

The man was captured and taken to questioning as to what had occurred. Identifying himself as John Wilkes Booth, he claimed that it was a coordinated attack against the Republican Party, intended to cripple and punish it for its values. After interrogation it was discovered that the shooter of the president was former US military officer and KKK member Stephen D. Lee, and that he didn't know the bomber, as he hadn't been briefed on that attack. Later that day Abraham Lincoln took the oath and became President of the United States.

It's suspected that the attack was coordinated by the KKK terrorist group in Mexico that has been slowly bleeding into America and/or the Know Nothing movement in America that abhors that the Republican-led government has been so friendly to the Mexican government.

Late President John C. Fremont, succeeded by his Vice President, Abraham Lincoln.

Spoiler Other Victims of Killings. :
Spoiler Late Secretary of State, William Seward. :

Spoiler Late Secretary of War, Edwin Stanton. :

Spoiler Late Speaker of the House, Galusha Grow. :

With the name of the killer known, a nationwide manhunt began for Stephen D. Lee. Military installations were told to close all routes out of America until further notice, and Washington was put under martial law. United States General Robert E. Lee (no relation to Stephen D. Lee) was put in charge of the manhunt and began the search. "Wanted" posters had been plastered across the nation and large rewards for information were offered.

Assassin and former military officer, Stephen D. Lee.

After the atrocious attacks on political leaders in America, Mexican officials responded with sympathy and support. Comonfort demanded that all routes between America and Mexico be guarded by Mexican soldiers on the Mexican side of the border. The funeral procession in Washington D.C. was attended by many Mexican politicians, including the president himself. Mexico City promised support in these difficult times and suggested coordinated efforts to force a KKK shutdown. Though Washington has not officially responded, it is believed that there will be a joint effort to dismantle the KKK.

Anyone can propose legislation they want passed for the next few days. After those few days have passed, we will vote on the legislation, if any has been proposed.

Isaac Brown: A Mexican Hero, Chapter 2

After weeks of waiting, the day had finally come. Even though he had spent many years preparing for a moment exactly like this, Isaac couldn't help but feel nervous as he stood before the grand doors leading to the military officer outpost in the center of the city. He knew this would be the moment where he must define himself as not just a soldier, but a warrior, capable of more than just overpowering his enemy, but also out-thinking. He stood there, surrounded by at least a hundred other hopefuls, each one waiting for the doors to open and for it to be his turn to show his own skills. The doors to the building began to open and everyone looked up to the messenger holding a piece of paper. He read off and called five names, ending with Isaac's own. The five men each walked into the building and were sat in five separate rooms, each one with its own interviewer. Isaac took his hat off as he sat down in front of the desk and looked at the man in front of him, seeing a weathered military officer in his late fifties, if not early sixties. Every battle, every charge could be read in the lines of his face, his skin telling a story no history book could. Isaac sat in silence as the man read his qualifications paper, until he finally sat the paper down and looked at Isaac.

"So, Isaac, where do you come from?" The man asked in slightly broken English with a gruff voice. Isaac responded in Spanish, mildly offended that the officer assumed he didn't speak Spanish.

"I speak Spanish, and French as well, but that doesn't matter right now. My ancestral ground original is originally in North Luisiana, but my family left for Nueces and settled there, and that's where I was born thirty-one years ago." Isaac waited for a response but he just wrote some stuff down, and finally asked another question.

"Up until now, what did you do?" The man scratched out of his throat.

"I've been a roamer. I left my home in Nueces when I was twenty-three and have spent from then until now I've been doing jobs here and there, learning about the lands of Mexico and the people that inhabit it. Sometimes I would do something as simple as throwing hay into a cart, other times I had to defend a point from a dozen armed robbers." The man kind of groaned in mild interest and wrote down some more. As he was about to ask something else someone else opened the door to the room and walked in. Isaac thought he recognized the man, but couldn't quite tell. The man leaned over the officer's ear and whispered something while the officer repeatedly looked between the man and Isaac. As the man got ready to leave, Isaac suddenly realized he recognized him from the bar, that he was one of the patrons. The officer proceeded to write more on the paper and did so for such a long time Isaac began to worry that something bad had happened. Then, he looked up at Isaac and broke the silence.

"You aren't usually the type I look for in a soldier of this caliber, but I think you might just be a necessary addition to the task force to bring down the KKK. Don't get to excited now, this doesn't mean you've made it. It just means you've made it past the initial stage." The officer stood up, as did Isaac, and the two shook hands. Isaac was told to stay in the barracks behind the officer's building until he was called on to finish the evaluation. One step closer to reaching his goal, Isaac slept well for the first time in years.

Special Task Force [CONFIDENTIAL]

Secretariat of National Defense Ignacio de la Llave,

After months of training and search, a finalized list of men have been chosen. The list is meant to be not just a cross-section of a diverse society, but also is meant to include a variety of skills that will make this group the most fearsome force this side of the Atlantic. The list of soldiers is attached below, and the recruits are to begin training immediately and will be ready for deployment in not less than one month's time.

Col. Santiago de Fernandino
Maj. Alejandro Diez
Lt. Jonathon del Rosario
Lt. Cesar Marrero
Lt. Miguel Hernandez
Pvt. Juan Jorge de Quetzal
Pvt. Isaac Brown​

Top Bottom