1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

M:C Picture Barn

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Medieval: Conquests' started by Lib.Spi't, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Lib.Spi't

Lib.Spi't Overlord of the Wasteland

2. Kailric

Kailric Jack of All Trades

Good job, the colored weapon and tool set are what we need for the Professions. The silhouettes could easily be converted to Promotion icons too.

3. Lib.Spi't

I will keep looking today, hopefully adobe stock is behaving itself again!

I had just got into a rythm when it crashed!

4. Lib.Spi't

Just added a bunch of pages from a search of weapons, there are a good few on the first page that might serve.

It has a load of poop mixed in but if you scan over the icon sets ones you should finds something you like style wise hopefully. It is hard to know exactly what to shoot for, but I think there are some good contenders on those pages.

5. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain Supporter

I think it's great that you take the time to search like this. It allows me to ignore graphics and focus on the code once again and still feel good about it due to no neglect. It shows that proper modding is teamwork.

6. Kailric

Yes, I seen some really good prospects. Basically what we are shooting for is "similar" to vanilla Col's tools and such and I seen plenty of those to work with. Weapons of all kinds, there was even a stone axe for a WHM profession :) We could even use the weapons as reskins especially the shields if we wanted to.

7. Lib.Spi't

yeah I figured I could pull at least 10-15 pics out of that selection, but I thought the actual looking over them only took minutes anyway, and the mad people posing just entertain you while you search! :D

Hopefully that should get you at least a handful of good pics for december! :D

8. orlanth

orlanth Storm God. Yarr!

Also feel free to have a sift through the 2071 icon pack in my sig! Though it is mostly scimitar themed there are a lot of miscellaneous ones in there that could be good for any mod.:king:

9. Kailric

Well, turns out that my images per month roll over to next month. At least up to 120 images so not so urgent a task each month. Anyway, I also discovered a very cool site called Fiverr.com. All kinds of professionals from Graphic design to Voice Over work offer services starting at 5 dollars. I've been using the voice over services and there are some really talented people on there and from all parts of the world. Most of them offer around 150 words for 5 bucks. Which if M:C needs some extra voice over work I'd be willing to fork out a few bucks to get that done. Also, if we ever get M:C to a more finished state we could get some translation work done perhaps.

Anyway, this huge world we live in just isn't as big as it use to be, that is for sure.

10. Nightinggale

I'm not sure the rollover between months mean we can wait half a year and then use everything in one go. It might be limited to one month only.

150 words is quite a lot considering most voiced audio files are really short, like "yes sir", "roger", "understood" and similar. 100 voice files for 5 bucks sounds like a bargain :lol:

I did some work for translation support and I think it is allowed write utf-8 in the text xml files, though I can't remember if I finished that part. Colonization use windows-1252 (aka code page 1252), which should support the following languages
    RoM build on top of the M:C langauge code and now supports more or less everything. We can do that too if somebody manage to get hold of the exe from the Japanese release. "Our" version use one byte for each character while the Japanese one use two bytes. It would seem that this is the only difference and English is fully supported by the Japanese one, but not the other way around.

11. Lib.Spi't

just to let you guys know, I am actually a professional voice actor. (I will have to check that site out.)

I am currently in the process of getting myself set back up with a new computer and mic setup.

You could get 150 words, but I doubt they would do the editing for 5 bucks to make 100 files. (That is the bit that takes all the time)

Agency Profile that is my page.

I am hoping with my new setup I will be able to go at it harder again this year. (last couple of years have been tough due to health and stress).

But yeah, I can do stuff for the mod when the time comes if needed.

12. Nightinggale

Wow, you are full of surprises :eek:
    Also once again it shows that you are the opposite of me, which is quite good considering we need at least one person skilled at each task.

Those just happen to be put together by chance or is there a hidden message? :p

However it says medieval, which is good to know.

I was joking, but also it points to the reason why you should be really careful what you write you provide. If it just says up to 150 words and nothing about the number of files they are in, then somebody might sue for false advertising if you refuse to provide 150 files with one word in each.

13. Lib.Spi't

"then somebody might sue for false advertising if you refuse to provide 150 files with one word in each."

Only In America! :D

That was an entirely accidental order to the list of accents, but there must have been a subliminal message that even I didn't know about!

14. Kailric

What the??? Yeah, you are full of surprises:goodjob:

Yeah, fiverr.com is sweet. There are gigs for programmers too. I may check into that once I get my credentials.

Most of them charge extra for splitting up the files. You have a tick list for things like that: 5 bucks 150 words, +5 split files, +5 commercial use, +5 to translate etc. What ever you can think of to earn an extra buck. I just get a single file as I can split them pretty fast.

Well, get setup bro! I'd love to see what you got!

15. Lib.Spi't

New computer arrives around the 20th of Jan. Then I need to install my graphics card. I am also waiting for an adaptor for my mic mount arm, twice the company have sent me a bit that doesn't fit!

I did a quick set of Raider Voices for FTTW as I couldn't find/be bothered to find any decent raider sounds from the Fallout Games.

I also took a leap tonight and sent a Query letter to a Literary Agent about a book I wrote.

I need to achieve something in 2016!

16. Nightinggale

How to conquer the wasteland by Lib.Spi't

Index
    1. How to start a mod
    2. How to make it look like a great concept
    3. How to screw up everything technically
    4. How to convince other people that it is in their best interest to work on your mod
    5. Tips on avoiding ghouls, mutants and giant bugs

17. Lib.Spi't

Damn did some one else write it before me?

When you put it like that I feel almost machievellian... (damn it is hard spelling his name right!?!? Close enough!)