m-Notw XII - The Mage Guild [Game Thread]

Updates

Morning One - Sprig the Orange Sorcerer is found dead
Midday One - The Guild Members decided to lynch whoever has the most accusations against them.
Evening One - The Guild Members can't decide who to lych nor who gets the rings.

Morning Two - Zack the White Conjuror is found Encased in Ice
Midday Two - The rings are the centre of attention.
Evening Two - Nobody is lynched. Lucky them.

Morning Three - Diamondeye is found in a soft, mushy and smelly mess on the floor. It seems as if nature had taken its toll.
Midday Three - Shocking
Evening Three - Takhisis is Lynched at the behest of the Guild.

Morning Four - Rhawn found in a soft, mushy and smelly mess on the floor. It seems as if nature had taken its toll. However Diamondeye the Black Necromacer has been resurrected
Midday Four - The Black Necromancer doesn;t look so good.
Evening Four - It takes all of the Guild members to take down the Yellow Archmage who is then Lynched

Morning Five - Renata felt the weight of it all and was crushed by rock. The White MAgician is Revived.

The Guild of fourteen always met in a secret location, each time was different and hidden by powerful magics. Everybody present was quite anxious about this meeting, a major breakthrough had occurred at the previous one. The head of the guild, Sprig the Orange Sorcerer, had succeeded in transferring part of his magical prowess into a mana orb then sealed it into a ring. The effect was that anyone who then welded the ring would be able to perform magic akin to what was stored in it by the owner. This would go a long way to increase the stability of the world and allow the Mages to share their secrets of magic easily with the rest of the world.

At the end of the last meeting, Sprig had given each of the Guild members a Ring and instructed them on how to encase their magic inside the rings. Today’s meeting was meant to be a case of show’n’tell and some were quite excited about it. The guild met at the bottom of a large cliff of which was covered by long creeping vines. The guild members looked around, it appeared as though they were still missing a member but decided wait someone more safer. Just as they had decided to move, an opening in the cliff appeared out of nowhere. Vines and stone parted to reveal a large sweeping stairway that lead under the cliff. Sprig lead the guild down the dark passage and into a large chamber. All the guild member looked up upon entering the chamber for it was carved in such an intricate way with uncanny precision. It was clear to most of the guild that only the skill possessed by the children of stone could have made it. Centred in the middle of the chamber was a large ornate table which looked like it was made of a clear crystal. If it had not been for the fact that the guild had sat round this table for all the previous meetings, one would have thought that it naturally belonged to the room.

Sprig sat down at the head of the table and called for the others to join him. They all sat down while they waited for the last member to arrive. Renata the Red Mage sat next to Sprig with an extraordinary straight back, she was at complete attention, ready to absorb every word and her blood red robes hung off her in an extremely neat, orderly and improbable fashion as if they were commanded to hang that way. In complete contrast, Rhawn the Yellow Adept lounged in his chair giving no thought to anyone else. Boredom was on his face while he was busy making small bolts of lightning jump between his finger tips. The Red Mage kept giving the Yellow Adept filthy looks but the young Adept did not notice. However, the Red Mage was not the only one annoyed, TheForestAuro the Blue Shaman pulled out a knobbly wooden staff with a large blue sapphire at the top and promptly used it to knock the young adept on the head. “If your gonna do that, you might as well wake Winston Hughes the Black Sorcerer.” The look of boredom dropped from the young Adepts face and mischief appeared as he raised his palms up towards the Black Sorcerer. “Wait” called out Autolycus the Blue Warlock. “Let's do it together!“ he said as he summoned are large ball of water that floated precariously above the Black Sorcerer. The Blue Warlock let gravity take a hold of the water just as the Adept launched a small twisting bolt of electricity from his palm. It probably wasn’t the most clever idea, the water splashed not only over the Black Sorcerer but over the Blue Warlock and Duke Blackstone the Green Druid as well. The lightning followed a split second later and jumped from water drop to water drop and sent the Blue Warlock, Green Druid and Black Sorcerer into the air in shock. Howling laughter filled the chamber as the others laughed at the misfortune.

The Black Sorcerer wasn’t impressed. He had travelled far and long to get here with little rest. Add to the fact he was now wet, he felt downright miserable. Seon the Red Wizard’s chuckling laughter didn’t help. It was downright embarrassing being laughed at by an oddity like the Red Wizard. “Will you help me out instead of laughing?” asked the Black Sorcerer. The Red mage nodded as he leapt from his perch-like squatting position. It wasn’t known if his weird perching position was because it is impossible for the Red Wizard to sit down or just perhaps he always felt he needed to be able to respond fast should something happen. Ether way, it has long been suspected that when the Red Wizard was young he had been sitting down on something when he accidentally set it upon fire and burnt his rear end. In any case, the Red Wizard placed his hands on the Black Sorcerers shoulders and instantly the Sorcerers clothes became warm and dry as if they had been hang in front of a large fire.

Once the laughter had died down Zack the White Conjuror, Robbiecon the White Thaumaturge and Takhisis the White Magician resumed their conversation in hushed tones in the corner. “I doubt anything would have of happened to him, I mean who would attack a Neromancer? Not me that for sure!” whispered the White Magician.
“That doesn’t surprise me.” said the White Thaumaturge “You would run away from a goat if challenged.”
The white conjuror giggled quietly “Goats have horns, they are really scary” He mocked.
The White Magician looked offended. “Of course I could handle a Goat” he said as he glared at the others.
Daveshack the Yellow Archmage who had been silent up until now, stood up suddenly. “Talk of goats aside, the ‘linen club’ make a good point! Where is the Necromancer?” The Archmages voice echoed around the hall. The White mages scowled at being addressed as such and surprised at being overheard but the Archmage had a point, their white cloaks look like nothing compared to the Archmage whose cloak looked like it was made from raw lightning. Civplayah the Green Magus started to laugh “Perhaps the Necromancer is trying to resurrect someone by laying naked atop of them again?” The Room burst into Laughter just as Diamondeye the Black Necromancer walked into the chamber. “I am never going to live that down am I?” sighed the Necromancer. “I told you all it was for magical research purposes!” The room howled again in laughter yet again. “All right, that’s enough!” said Sprig as he raised both hands to addressed the guild members. “Due to the late hour and the distance some of us have travelled we should rest before starting in the morning.” The guild was in agreement and broke from the table. They found a suite of rooms of to the side of the chamber where they settled down for the night.

In the morning the guild made a shocking discovery, the Head of the guild was no more. It appeared as Sprig had aged 1000 years over the course of the night. All that was left was a preserved and shrivelled up corpse. “This is no ordinary Magic, nor does it look like an accident. I think whoever did this is a ‘Dark Mage’” declared the Yellow Archmage. The other in the room murmured in agreement.
“I agree too!” said Sprig. The whole room jumped and spun around. And sure enough there stood Sprig in the flesh, well actually no, he was just a ghost but still just as shocking. The Red Wizard looked at him curiously. “How are you here?” he asked cautiously.
“One of the advantages of imbuing your power into a ring, I guess” shrugged Sprig. ‘I am only here because I wanted to tell you that only the members of this guild know this location. Therefore it makes sense that my attacker is one of us. Don’t let him get you!” and with a pop and the drop of a couple rings, Sprig disappeared.

The Guild Members looked startled, “One of us?” They exclaimed. “Who could it be?”

- - -

The Guild Members bickered at each other all morning. Part of the bickering was about the two rings left behind by Sprig the rest about who could be a Dark Mage. It was very clear that it would soon resort to magical blows. The Red Mage dusted her perfectly ordered cloak and cleared her Throat. “Gentlemen please, there should be an orderly fashion to fix our predicament. There is a real easy and fair way to find who among us are “Dark Mages”.
The White Conjuror looked at the Red Mage with a puzzled look “How’s that then?” He asked.
“Simple” Growled the Green Druid answering for the Red Mage. “We hoist whoever has the most accusations at the end of the day with a nice thick rope wrapped around their neck.”
“Sounds like a plan” said the Green Magus while rubbing his hands together.

- - -
It is now Midday Phase 1
Phase ends in Roughly 26 hrs - Day ends in 26 Hours.

Accusations in Bold
Votes for Sprig’s Black Ring in Red
Votes for Sprig’s White Ring in Purple
Minimum Accusations required for Lynch: 6

Posting is now open.

A note to the rules. Each phase will end at 6pm (+13GMT) and any orders or accusations that are placed after that time will be excluded even though the update may come 3-4 hours after that time.

Phirst!

Duke Blackstone, a druid in our midst?

The White Conjuror shifts uncomfortably in his chair, sending a quick disapproving glance the Yellow Adept's way. He stands up quickly, clears his throat, and addresses the rest of the mages present.

"Perhaps we should eliminate Diamondeye, the Black Necromancer, if only for the cruel irony.

"As for the rings, I would like both of them." (Zack, Zack)

No no no, I believe the Black Sorcerer Winston is the Dark Sorcerer.

On the meantime, I think I shall be claiming that awesomely colored White Ring

Winston Hughes, the Black Sorcerer certainly seems "dark". I myself should get the White Ring. I will let the world know of its effects.

For the sheer irony, either Takhisis the White Wizard or Zach the White Conjuror should get the Black Ring.

OOC: Just a warning, I may go MIA in a few days. I'll try to get one of my friends to sign up as sub.

Winston Hughes, the Black Sorcerer certainly seems "dark". I myself should get the White Ring. I will let the world know of its effects.

For the sheer irony, either Takhisis the White Wizard or Zach the White Conjuror should get the Black Ring.
"You know, Druid -- I would prefer to have the white ring, if I can only have one."

"You know, Druid -- I would prefer to have the white ring, if I can only have one."

"Yes, but I wish to investigate its powers tonight. White Magic and the Green powers of the Earth have often gone hand in hand in the past. If it is harmless and not fusible with my green powers, then I shall gift it to you. Fair?"

I think the white ring should go to me, as it is most complimentary to my yellow-based magic. To that end I'm willing to lend my support to someone else's claim on the black ring in exchange for helping me acquire the white.

I know we've met before, but can't remember what Robbiecon the Thaumaturge does so I'm a little suspicious of him.

Everyone wants the white ring? I want it too. Really, I just want to peek at it, just gander, a quick looksee.

He runs a his hand through his golden locks, brushing the longs bangs out of his eyes. Electrified with static they stand straight up. He then strokes the 8 long hairs protruding from his chin which is about all the wizard beard he can muster.

Hmm. I think warlocks like Autolycus are into dark magic. Yeah that's right, I think it's him.

The Black Necromancer ignored the hollers of "did you sleep well, if at all", as he entered the hall. "That joke is so outdated, guys! Besides, she wasn't dead, she just wasn't in the mood for moving much. I wonder why that is..."
After being deafened out by another barrage of laughter, Diamondeye straightens up and assumes a serious facade. Those looking into his eyes suddenly stop laughing; This is the face of a man whose dealings are with the dead and deceased.
"On a more serious note, I am surprised that Duke Blackstone is oblivious enough to follow the suggestion that black sorcerors are dark. Not only is that so picking on the easiest target, black (and white, some might say) is actually the only colour that does not have a 'dark' variant, vis-a-vis dark red, dark green, etc..."
Having now probably talked himself warm, he proceeds to eye the rings with curiosity.
"I would suggest that I want the black ring that matches my own. Believe it or not, I also want the white one - for magickal experiments."
Realizing the cue he just gave everyone, Diamondeye blushes as the laughter begins again.

I claim the white ring.

Want to see a new trick ol' boy! It cures warts in the blink of an eye. Oh wait a minute, it cures warts in your eye. Well on second thoughts, that's not very useful. Who ever heard of eyewarts?

"The lot of you are fools... one must have three white rings before they can perform any spells. There are no Tier I, nor any Tier II spells for the white rings of ice. As I already have one, I ask that we give the white ring to myself, as I actually have a chance of utilizing the powers the ring bestows."

"The lot of you are fools... one must have three white rings before they can perform any spells. There are no Tier I, nor any Tier II spells for the white rings of ice. As I already have one, I ask that we give the white ring to myself, as I actually have a chance of utilizing the powers the ring bestows."

"With all due respect, have you considered that some of us can transform rings of one type into another - such as their polar opposite? With Sprig's rings I'd be able to..."

Diamondeye's voice trails off as a probably pretty disturbed scene rolls by his inner vision.

Spoiler Continuation, just for fun - OOC :
"... master the Dark Side! Power! Unlimited POWER!!"

I also have a white ring, oh White Conjuror Zack.

Winston is the only black mage... plus black means EVIL!

Can I have the white ring, please?

We should speak, white mage.

Renata bows.

Top Bottom