Mac App Store Civ V update and DLC now available.

AspyrRyan

Prince
For you folks that have the Mac App Store version of Civilization V, the latest patch is available for download. For those of you who have updated to Lion, you can purchase all of the available DLC inside the game.

Thanks Aspyr's team :goodjob:

Thanks a lot for these infos Ryan and thanks to Aspyr for the support ! :) Well done !

How about those of us with the 'normal' (non-App Store) version of the game ? I have upgraded to Lion, and have the latest update of the game applied ... but apart from the MODS option there is no sign of any change regarding downloadable content - or am I missing something here, as I thought the DLC was to be available via an in-game option ?

DLCs appear in start menu as "DLC"

How about those of us with the 'normal' (non-App Store) version of the game ? I have upgraded to Lion, and have the latest update of the game applied ... but apart from the MODS option there is no sign of any change regarding downloadable content - or am I missing something here, as I thought the DLC was to be available via an in-game option ?

If you have Retail Box/Steam version, you still need to buy the DLC via Steam (or GameAgent, etc.). You can't do it in-app on that version, except the one that's sometimes advertised at the bottom.

forty2j is correct. The Steam version of the game has the DLC available through Steam or sites like GameAgent or Macgamestore.com, which will basically give you a key to activate through Steam.

Steam DLC does not require Lion, either. The App Store version does because in-app purchase for the Mac App Store is a Lion only feature.

Top Bottom