Mac Extractor for Assets .fpk files

Thanks for your kind comments.

That's what I'm here for, but it's great to hear that it makes a difference.

:thanx:

Hello!

I download Macapaka 2.0 this morning for trying to create a .fpk file on my personnal mod, but impossible to use it in my mod...
For a trial, i tried it on the buildings files. Here is a screenshot of what i did if anyone could help me to understand my mistake...

Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2016-07-23 à 09.36.48.png
    Capture d’écran 2016-07-23 à 09.36.48.png
    205.3 KB · Views: 288
The info at the bottom shows zero files selected. The Extract button should be enabled when you have selected one or more files in the list.

Click them in the usual way, using command or shift key to select multiple items.

Hello Alan,

I didn't have a problem for extraction but for creating a fpk file. I made another screenshot of my fpk and as you can see, all the files are selected. I added the extension .fpk at the end (i tried without too) and put it in assets but, my mod doesn't find the files... Just the red sphere instead of my buildings as you can see on the second screenshot. Any idea of what's wrong?

Thanks

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2016-07-23 à 17.23.22.png
    Capture d’écran 2016-07-23 à 17.23.22.png
    116.1 KB · Views: 285
  • Capture d’écran 2016-07-23 à 17.28.36.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2016-07-23 à 17.28.36.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 211
Wow! I first built this app in 2008, and last updated it 6 years ago. It's remarkable if it still works at all, but it looks like it does work here.

1. I assume you selected "New Civ4 fpk file..." in the file menu, not ...'Civ5...'?

2. You don't have to select all the subfiles and folders. Just select the top level folder.

3. Macapaka will add the .fpk extension to the file name. If you add it manually it won't add it again, it will just create the same file name.

4. I think that Macapaka is doing what it's designed to do, but I don't know how .fpk files are integrated into mods, so I have no idea how you make your mod recognise it. I note that the only variant of Civ4 that actually uses .fpk files is the original vanilla version. Warlords and Beyond the Sword only contain uncompressed assets. And I can't see any mod in my collection that includes an fpk file that I can use to work out how it should be configured.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. :(

Hi everyone, I wanted to reach out to because I downloaded the extractor, but when I try to open it, the icon appears on my dashboard and no window pops up or anything. I downloaded the various versions and none of them seem to open. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi. Welcome.

I'm no longer a registered Apple developer, so the extractor is not signed to satisfy the restrictions in the current OS versions.

It's pretty ancient now, so I thought I'd better check it following your message. I downloaded it from the version 2.0.0 link in the first post and it still seems to work OK.

In order to open an application created by an unregistered developer these days, you first need to make sure your preferences are set to allow it. To do that:

- Open System Preferences and select the Security and Privacy/General tab. Make sure that "Allow apps downloaded from:" is set to "App Store and identified developers". If it isn't, click the lock to make changes, and change to that setting. Close System Preferences.

Even then, you can't just double click an unregistered app to start it. MacOS will complain and refuse to open it. You need to right click the extractor app icon and select Open. You should see a warning message. Confirm that you want to open it. You should then see the Macapaka File menu where you can choose to open a .fpk file. There's no window to see until you choose a .fpk file.

Let me know if this works for you.

Top Bottom