Macbook Pro question

Bergerperson

An actual Canadian
Ok, so I think this may be the only spot to answer a non-Civilization related question. I have a mid 2010 Macbook Pro with Mountain Lion installed and I am getting an odd problem that has been happening for a while now. It seem that I can't click the red close button on several tabs like safari or the "Get Info" panel. I can close it by using the common+W keys, but I can also close the window when it's not selected (For those Mac user, I mean when I go to a different panel and the one you were just in gets lighter indicating you're not on it.) I can close the one I was just in, but not the panel I have selected.

Just to show what I mean, here's a picture of my desktop with the panels for "Stuff" and "Misc. Pictures" on. I am on "Stuff" and I can't close that when selected, but I can close "Misc. Pictures" and vice-versa.

Spoiler :

So my question here would be, how do I fix this? This happens both with my trackpad and a connected mouse.

There is a Computer Talk subnormal that may get you better exposure.

That sounds like an odd problem, but I'll bet you're not the first to experience it.

Sounds like something to look for under system settings -> general or windows behavior.

AlanH might be a good person to ask directly if you don't get anywhere in a few days.

I hope you update with a solution - I'm curious :)

Sorry, I don't have a solution. I have very occasionally seen OS X getting confused about which window has focus, but it's too rare to have caused me to try to solve it, and I never worked out why it happened. My main Mac is an old Mac Pro on Lion, and I can't run Mountain Lion because it doesn't have 64 bit ROMs. Maybe that's why I don't see it much.

The only possibly related discussion I can find doesn't offer any answers.

Sorry!

Thanks anyways.

Top Bottom