[GS] Macedon receiving just 20% of war weariness. Any clues?

Dreamcaramel

Chieftain
I've been testing about the war weariness, and by chance I found that Macedon received 20% of war weariness in one of my (normal playing) games. I made a test game and there was no war weariness, so I wonder why Macedon got the war weariness in that game.

I was Sweden, and there was Macedon, Cree, Scythia, Maori, and Poland. Started from Renaissance era. Macedon was fascists, they surprise attacked me, and before that I pissed them by sending some apostles to let them die(I wanted to earn some relics), I was the suzerain of 4 city states, and I cannot recall anything special that might be linked with war weariness. Wonders governments, tourism, religion, alliances.. I can't figure out the source. I have the save file, but currently I'm out of my home.

From my searching(https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/how-war-weariness-works-wip.623207/) , the war weariness formula is

WW = Base * Context * (My modifier + Enemy modifier)

where Base = 16 + min(era number, 4) * 6 * Casus Belli %

and context is whether in your territory or not, unit died or not, nuked, etc etc. It seems that modifier part is set to 20% by unknown reason. Is there someone who knows about this?

p.s: Did you know that? The link above states that Base is same as above, but in GS(only in GS) when your unit is attacked by enemy, Base = 16 - Casus Belli % * 100. So, when you've declared a formal war and your warrior is hit by enemy archer the war weariness is (16-100)*Context*Modifier = 0. That is, you would never get war weariness by getting hit, unless your fighting a war that incurs 0% of warmongering like defensive pact war, emergency war, and so on.

Sounds like a bug to me, I'm pretty sure Alexander isn't supposed to get War Weariness at all.

Top Bottom