1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Macedon receiving just 20% of war weariness. Any clues?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Dreamcaramel, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Dreamcaramel

Dreamcaramel Chieftain

I've been testing about the war weariness, and by chance I found that Macedon received 20% of war weariness in one of my (normal playing) games. I made a test game and there was no war weariness, so I wonder why Macedon got the war weariness in that game.

I was Sweden, and there was Macedon, Cree, Scythia, Maori, and Poland. Started from Renaissance era. Macedon was fascists, they surprise attacked me, and before that I pissed them by sending some apostles to let them die(I wanted to earn some relics), I was the suzerain of 4 city states, and I cannot recall anything special that might be linked with war weariness. Wonders governments, tourism, religion, alliances.. I can't figure out the source. I have the save file, but currently I'm out of my home.

From my searching(https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/how-war-weariness-works-wip.623207/) , the war weariness formula is

WW = Base * Context * (My modifier + Enemy modifier)

where Base = 16 + min(era number, 4) * 6 * Casus Belli %

and context is whether in your territory or not, unit died or not, nuked, etc etc. It seems that modifier part is set to 20% by unknown reason. Is there someone who knows about this?

p.s: Did you know that? The link above states that Base is same as above, but in GS(only in GS) when your unit is attacked by enemy, Base = 16 - Casus Belli % * 100. So, when you've declared a formal war and your warrior is hit by enemy archer the war weariness is (16-100)*Context*Modifier = 0. That is, you would never get war weariness by getting hit, unless your fighting a war that incurs 0% of warmongering like defensive pact war, emergency war, and so on.

2. Breadsmith

Breadsmith Chieftain

Sounds like a bug to me, I'm pretty sure Alexander isn't supposed to get War Weariness at all.