1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Macedonic Palace city icons

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Graphics Modpacks' started by skam0073, Aug 29, 2004.

1. skam0073

skam0073 Chieftain

I found a scale model picture from an old book of mine about the ancient city of Vergina,located southwest of Thesalloniki in the northen Greece part.It represented a Macedonic palace along with the surrounding buildings and two magnificent Macedonic tombs.I thought I give it a try.Of course we all know that is impossible to make an accurate representation of a city with the cartoonish Civ style graphics,so only the main building in the third icon looks a little bit like the original.Hope you like it:)

Attached Files:

2. Mr. Hyperbole

Mr. Hyperbole understated cynic

I really like that...any chance of anyone creating a full city-style pack for this(ancient, medi, indus & modern)?

Just a thought... ;)

3. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

I concur with Mr. Hyperbole. They look great and it would be very nice to see a multi-era version.

It seems that city graphics are at last being done on a more regular basis lately - thanks to all the creators :goodjob: !

4. RedAlert

RedAlert Love one another

These are excellent! I support you doing a full scale version of this as well.
    I like it how you are making custom cities for single civs. You are doing great work, please keep it up!
    :thumbsup:

5. Dom Pedro II

Dom Pedro II Modder For Life

Yeah, it's a good idea... it's not terribly useful for the epic game since there's no way to add cultures... :mad:

But for scenarios and mods, it's a blessing! :love:

6. DJ Bonebraker

DJ Bonebraker a.k.a Laura

Nice. There's a good possibility that they might be included in the FF IX style cities that I'll be making once my unit project backlog has been cleared.

7. skam0073

skam0073 Chieftain

Thank you all very much for your comments:)I usually make them for mods and scenarios but I'll try to make all eras soon.
    I didn't know that FF series use this kind of graphics for some of their cities..
    But then again,I don't know much about FF so maybe you can give me some info on that.

8. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

HOLY CRAP! Thoes are AMAZING! You made these yourself hmm? Hmmmm... HMMM.. .Hmmmm....

9. DJ Bonebraker

DJ Bonebraker a.k.a Laura

Most of the archietecture in FF IX, such as the cities of Alexandria and Lindblum, were of Mediterranean/Greaco-Roman style, as well as the city of Jueno in FF XI. I'll probably be mixing them with various other Greaco-Roman city graphics, as well as Maisse's Combined Euro-Med cities. If you go to my graphics library (linked in my sig), the three sets of city graphics were created in a similar manner by cutting and pasting stuff from other peoples/games cities, as well as a few of my own buildings thrown in for variety. If you want some good screenshots, go to http://www.ffonline.com

10. flamescreen

flamescreen Ancient Mariner

That's great work!
    Do more of it, you're awsome!!!

11. Arne

Arne Chieftain

Nice! Are you planing doing more of them? I mean, if you play with this and original Civ3 icons, the buildings in this citie will look a little large, compared to the others. If you could make some more of them in the same scale, nobody cares about that. :)

12. skam0073

skam0073 Chieftain

Well,I am planning to make some Minoan cities and maybe some Aztec and Sparta ones.I have a lot of work at the moment but I think I will catch up:)

13. odintheking

odintheking Lighting the way...

Nice,:goodjob:

14. MaisseArsouye

MaisseArsouye gentil petit nuton

For minoan cities, I can give youtips and pictures I made in Knossos. I also tried to make a minoan palace, I can give you the file. ;)

15. Arne

Arne Chieftain

16. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Great cities :) Could you make some corinthian style ones? it would be nice to seperate corinthian-ionian-dorian styles :)