Machu Pichu wonder video

just noticed i butchered spelling in the title. oh well.

I also think the wonder looks a bit better here than in the clips we saw yesterday.

Grants mountain adjacency bonuses for districts, but the Inca don't want to put districts next to mountains.

The Inca shouldn't build their own wonder.

LOL

Not exactly. I imagine not all mountains have hills next to them for Terrace Farms (so a good use for flatland). Also even if there are hills, the benefits from the adjacency bonuses might outweigh the food and production of which you might already have plenty of.

Not exactly. I imagine not all mountains have hills next to them for Terrace Farms (so a good use for flatland). Also even if there are hills, the benefits from the adjacency bonuses might outweigh the food and production of which you might already have plenty of.

Yes, I suppose not every mountain-adjacent tile is a hill.

When do you suppose Machu Picchu is unlocked? If it comes mid-game or later, your core cities will already have those districts placed, and if they happened to have mountains adjacent to them is a matter of chance.

Needless to say, it doesn't seem like an especially powerful wonder.

When do you suppose Machu Picchu is unlocked? If it comes mid-game or later, your core cities will already have those districts placed, and if they happened to have mountains adjacent to them is a matter of chance.

On the other hand it sounds like one you'll be able to fairly easily get if you fall into a good start for it. Not always good but I imagine it'd have the potential to be pretty great.

So if you build Machu Picchu your theatre squares, commercial hubs and industrial zones get adjacency bonuses from mountains? This sounds pretty powerful if you have a good amount of mountains nearby. I'm looking at the Mapuche who have a mountain bias. (and I assume the Inca will too.)

Commercial hubs easily get a good adjacency bonus so I don't think i'll be placing them near mountains if I get Machu Picchu but i'd place Theater Squares for sure. However as @Eagle Pursuit said, if Machu Picchu comes mid-game you have these districts placed already so do you risk not placing these districts early for big bonuses later on?

I like that Firaxis tried to make it look like a lively Inca village in contrast to dead ruins. I also appreciate the masonry details.

I dislike how it looks on a hex, and this will supersede Potala as the most strangely reshaped wonder. I don't know how to make it a better fit without losing details though. I also don't like that it is so much higher than the surrounding mountains...

And I think combine these mountain bonus with some Civs that get additional adjacency bonus' from rivers, tile appeal etc and you can get some pretty nice adjacency bonus'. especially with the right policy cards. However it will be mapped dependent - I use PerfectWorld6 and the nice long mountain ranges would jive nicely. The one thing I do hate is the generic description - provides Gold ? ummm.

Assuming that "near" means "adjacent to" a Mountain and not "within 2 tiles of", then Machu Picchu seems to give Theatre Squares, Commercial Hubs, and Industrial Zones the same (or similar) bonus that Campuses and Holy Sites already get. In other words, it would give you more flexibility in what types of districts to build when you have a mountainous territory.

It could be particularly good for Theatre Squares, which struggle to get adjacency bonuses normally. But otherwise, it's value will likely depend on the amount of gold it gives.

If on the off chance "near" actually does mean "within 2 tiles of", then it's potentially a very interesting Wonder.

Grants mountain adjacency bonuses for districts, but the Inca don't want to put districts next to mountains.

The Inca shouldn't build their own wonder.

LOL

Where does it say adjacency bonuses only apply to mountains? Doesn't the tweet just say it boosts adjacency bonuses for those districts generally? (But even then I agree the benefit feels bleh)

Where does it say adjacency bonuses only apply to mountains? Doesn't the tweet just say it boosts adjacency bonuses for those districts generally? (But even then I agree the benefit feels bleh)
In the video it says near mountains.

I was hoping that Machu Picchu would grant housing and some faster move bonus on roads within its territory, but mountains adjacency bonus makes sense.

Machu Picchu will be a wonder that I will always try to build if I am playing cultural victory and have many mountains around.

Or you have those infamous tundra/snow hill tiles :p

EDIT: You're right that it doesn't seem super powerful, but it seems well-rounded, a jack-of-all-trades type that is balanced for a number of things.

I like that Firaxis tried to make it look like a lively Inca village in contrast to dead ruins. I also appreciate the masonry details.

I dislike how it looks on a hex, and this will supersede Potala as the most strangely reshaped wonder. I don't know how to make it a better fit without losing details though. I also don't like that it is so much higher than the surrounding mountains...

What's so strangely shaped about Potala?

Top Bottom