Macintosh Forever!!

Narz

keeping it real
Whats up Civsters? Just wanted to express my love of the Mac, despite all of Apple's poor decisions (especially the one not to less outsiders make Mac clones) I still believe Macs are the best computers out there. There only major drawback is the lack of software avialable for them.

If there are any Mac owners out there who'd like to swap or discuss whatever software they have let me know (note to admins : I'm not talking about piracy, just shareware programs).

Take care everyone.

- Narz :king:

Weren't PowerPCs basically Mac clones with extras? I think they just didn't sell well and that is why they are no longer available.

MAC OS 10 looks good to me. I spent about 15 minuets on a new MAC the other day, and I like that they use a real OS under the pretty hood. They use BSD (not the FreeBSD), so it is compatible with most Linux/Unix stuff, too!

Someone should just flip MS the middle finger and write an Windoze clone, and put MS out of the monopoly it has. Once people eventaually figure out the MS is crap, and there are better OSs, Linux, BSD, Unix, etc. will take off.

:hammer:

I don't know that MS is as craptacular as my experiences with Mandrake Linux (6 thru 7 thru 8.2) or FreeBSD (a recent version). Why does everyone down MS-Windows as much as they do? XP is amazingly stable and much easier than anything else....except for maybe Mac...but I heard OS10 can be a pain. Sorry to jack the thread but I just had to step up and defend MS-Windows from anit-MS people. :)

Top Bottom