1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mad Scientist's Role Play Challenge Summary: Civilization V

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by madscientist, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Killroyan

Killroyan Deity

Haven't got Civ V yet, but will be following your games again Mad. Keep it coming :)

2. Grey2ham

Grey2ham Chieftain

You could have Elizabeth I kill all the male oponents on the map. She never married.

3. LegioCorvus

LegioCorvus Prince

I like both the "Alexander - master of diplomacy" and "Gandhi II - not taking crap!" ideas.

If I could suggest one, I'd like to see a "Montezuma - the bloody Utopia!" game. I just think the idea of leveraging Monty's UA into a Utopia win would be interesting. It's not often you see culture games that also focus heavily on war.

4. Insanity_X

Insanity_X Warlord

You've got to do an insane Sury style game imo.

What about a game with Germany, no city states and a lot of barbarians, and an English archaepelago map.

5. madscientist

madscientist RPC Supergenius

I think that Sury game is one that shal lstand by itself. I played the 18 Monty game later and it never had the same impact as that Sury classic.

Remember folks, I often like to go opposite of the logical approach and simply try a technique with the closest leader.

I do like the idea of a Cultural Monty though! However, Alexander via diplomacy??? I don't think so, an Alexander who burns city states to the ground is more to my liking, but who knows.

And I like the idea of the Virgin Queen Assasinating all those male suiters out there.

I do plan to play each leader once though, so I want to do them proper. I have already ordered the Babylonian civilization add on and likely will add more as they come aboard. IF I run out of leaders, well then we start abusing the Lenins, Picards, and Teslas again.

And I still deciding on whether to change my avatar per RPC or stick with plain old Madman Tesla.

6. Jaaboo

Jaaboo Prince

Yeah the Sury game was unique and can never be duplicated. (God that was funny.)

I love the cultural maniac Monty. A OCC Domination could be fun too. I think perhaps a reverse "King & I" with Siam might be in order ("I'll show you civilization, you English strumpet...") where its Siam vs. a bunch of Englands. (You can call it "The King & I & I & I & I & ..." or "The King & I 2: King's Revenge.")

7. madscientist

The King's harem! Perhaps a way to manipulate the social policies to force archaic and chavanist playmanship. You know, put the ladies in their place!

8. Ahriman

Ahriman Tyrant

How about: all conquered cities must be puppets (forever), all captured former city-states must be liberated.

9. Gwynnja

Gwynnja Deity

I've only played V for a few hours and don't know for 100% sure but I read on the forums somewhere that city states cannot be razed.

10. Duckadin

Duckadin Chieftain

Hey Mad. I'm new here and I have been reading your old rpcs for the last couple weeks and they are superb. Looking forward to playing along during the new set!

11. RockTheCazbah87

RockTheCazbah87 Pacal's pal

Duckadin - welcome!

Also cannot wait Mad. It'll help pass the time before Friday - I'll try and contribute both before and after!

12. Optical

Optical The Fall of the Eleventh

Return of RPCs! YES!!!! Loved old ones, glad to see a return :D

13. McThomas

McThomas Creative Warrior

Oh yes oh yes oh YES!!! This is gonna be good...

Now: i have some idears:
    Greek City state fighting!
    Only Greek Civs: Unite all citystates ON THE MAP!!! :D

Red Alert:
    Cathy captures ALL!!! :p

14. nishant1911

nishant1911 *hugs*

i got an idea!

mad scientist -Babylon

rules-
    1.you can't build a trading post
    2.you must win by space while on war with atleast 2 civ entire length of the game

15. Insanity_X

Insanity_X Warlord

Napoleon the uncultured: (try to) win the game without investing in any of the SPs.

Bismarck the Barbarian: (try to) win a domination victory but only using former barbarian units to capture capitals

Ceaser the superior: (try to) win the game in posesion of all world wonders. Or alterrnatively with no units leaving your borders, but that's much more achievable.

Askia the bully: (try to) win the game, but never befrend or allign yourself with any city states (in fact you must bully them).

Catherine the cold warrior: Must never allign yourself, open borders or agree to a pact of secrecy with America (you can naturally sign a secrecy pact against America with whomever you like), or any city states alligned with Washington.

Wu the wife: The first leader you meet will be your husband/wife. You can never go to war with them, and must be a good, loyal, committed wife. However Wu is also jealous, and if you catch your spouce getting too friendly with another leader kill the offending party for trying to ruin your perfect relationship.

Looking forward to whatever games you do play Mad.

16. Owen Glyndwr

Owen Glyndwr La Femme Moderne

Yay!! MadScientist is back! :D

17. MrBanana

MrBanana Prince

Ghandi 2: This time, it's personal!

Your up would actually help belive it or not: population would still out number city unhappiness in a normal domination game.

18. Insanity_X

Insanity_X Warlord

Rameses the hydrophobe: Ramases has nightmares of people who come from the sea, and as such he refuses to settle near water, nor allow his troops to get in boats.

Oda's Odour: Oda Nobunuga has a terrible secret. His armpits smell like the rear end of a horse. His shame is so great that he refuses to let any foreign nations into his lands, nor visit them. As such he can never sign an open border agreement with any foreign power.

Hiawatha and the tree of life: Hiawatha is a deeply spiritual man. He believes that all life on earth grew from fruits of the tree of life. As such he can never harm a tree for fear that it is the tree of life. This includes building lumber mills, he must also complete the piety SP tree before considering any others.

19. i_imperator

i_imperator Imperator

Looking foward to it mad. I learnt alot from your Civ IV classic and NextGen Rpc's, and they were very enjoyable to read:D Can't wait for the first game!!

20. madscientist

Thanks to all!

I expect the early RPCs will be a learning experience for myself, or at least we can learn together.

Seams like the early strat articles say to focus on gold since production is so so. And wonderspamming is out? Ha, let me at em! Domination victory by only capturing capitals, good thing the Mighty Khan is not it this game. City states, now that opens up alot of new things.

And what is this about road maintence??? Well I can see one game already, the road warrior where I have to road all tiles in my cities! I have no idea who does this or if it's realistic, but that's irrelevant to old Mad.

Still looking at Washington as the first game, most likely with few concrete rules but a general plan to fullfill manifest destiny. Not sure how to work Barbs and city states on that one, barbs could be the native americans or they could be the city states.

I should get the game this weekend, and pehaps a week later pop out an RPC. Well, probably less, you know how fast I like to pop these games out.