MadDjinn - Deity Mayans Pangea Plus

hmm... looking at that turn a bit more, I'm wondering if the Mongols actually *bought* the spaceship part. I can see a potential bug wrt the spy not showing me the part production, but I did see a part being produced in their capital in one of the previous vids. So something is a bit wonky with that spaceship part production.

You could load the turn before and check to see if the part is in the queue after the gold. It's possible he shifted from the part to gold, then when you ended your turn he shifted back to the part.

Alternately, it could be that he had just finished the part when you looked with your spy, but had the worker and the part both in the city, with the worker on the top of the stack.

You could load the turn before and check to see if the part is in the queue after the gold. It's possible he shifted from the part to gold, then when you ended your turn he shifted back to the part.

Alternately, it could be that he had just finished the part when you looked with your spy, but had the worker and the part both in the city, with the worker on the top of the stack.

you can't switch out production on the fly between turns, so I don't think it's an issue like that.

I'll check for the 2nd option, but I think the AI actually did finish it that turn. Likely I'll have to load the game a few turns before that and play it for a bit then check the logs to see if the city switches to that part.

What a game.

"Never underestimate the AI's ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory."
Someone here posted that; sorry to them that i don't remember who.

Such insanity that you managed to pull off the victory, but as mentioned, the AI is just ******ed in too many ways.

Well done, greatly enjoyed watching this LP as usual :goodjob:

Thanks for all the hard work you did in posting this VidLP series. I learned a ton, like:

*Go walls or go home
MadDjinn: Ohh, somebody has swords. That's not nice.
Spain: DOW!
MadDjinn: Sometimes you buy settlers; sometimes you buy walls...

*Inquisitors are very effective at combating other religions
MadDjinn: I have a feeling I'm gonna wanna kick Ethiopa in the head for the religious garbage they're running...

*Use air sweep if you suspect the enemy has any air defenses...
MadDjinn: Time to get a little bomberish
[loses a logistics/supply promoted bomber]
MadDjinn: Owwww, yeah, must remember to air sweep more often.

And my favorite:

*Workers can be used to "block" cities from being taken, or to harass the enemy...
MadDjinn: You're all being drafted.
Workers: For what?
MadDjinn: Crazy time!

And much more. Thanks!

Crazy time? I must have missed that one. What episode and what part? =)

it was truly an amazing LP though, I learned so much. Pre-LP I was a prince player at best. Now I can thoroughly trash Emperor =)
Can't wait until your next one. I imagine I'll learn even more! You're officially my CiV V learning resource.

I watched the first 7 episodes and really like this one so far, even though going wide is not my style. I especially love, as in most of your LP, how you are not afraid of going after neighbors - which I think is essential in nearly all games. Too many seems to think just defending (with pointy sticks) is adequate, esp. in a middle of a landbase. No matter what you are playing (except for OCC), you got to create space around your core cities by puppeting, annexing or razing nearby cities. Mad shows this in his games very well. Now I will see what will happen on his other borders...

I also think that this is a good Religion primer as well. However, I have forgot what Founder Belief was chosen but what was the benefit of working hard to flip and spread Zoast in place of Catholic? Unless it's the Founder Belief that I don't know, I don't see what the benefit was in terms of cost?

I also think that this is a good Religion primer as well. However, I have forgot what Founder Belief was chosen but what was the benefit of working hard to flip and spread Zoast in place of Catholic? Unless it's the Founder Belief that I don't know, I don't see what the benefit was in terms of cost?

the benefit was that my religion would be the one working in my cities and Ethiopia wouldn't get their founder bonus (culture one) for that many followers.

I think the founder bonus I picked was the missionary beakers bonus. Given the spread of Ethiopias religion, it wasn't a bad choice (I got lots of beakers from that).

Thanks, I look forward to watching the rest of the game.

I understand it now: Interfaith Dialogue: Gain Science when a Missionary spreads this religion to cities of other religions

Madjinn, I'm on your 13th video, and I can't hold anymore the thought that you do quite some incoherent things.
You are absolutely lacking on military, Japan just declared on you, ethiopia is building an army, and you have more than 20 cities that could be building military but you don't!
I'm mostly saying this because right now in this video you are saying "Oh well, I guess you can produce gold. 3 gpt? be it!"
You could be using THAT city to build a rifleman, even if it takes 20 turns, if you put 20 cities to produce a rifleman, in 20 turns you'll have 20 riflemen!! and so on!!
The other case is a city where you say "Oh, you got out of things to build... Oh well, amphitheater it is"
Again, ARMY! Lol
I think you start missing the point of ICS in these videos (after the tenth), because normally when you ICS you prioritize certain buildings, first, to save time for other stuff (like army) and to keep your gpt positive
I know right now you don't have an economical crisis, but you could have more gold if you didn't build amphitheaters on turn 300
So yeah, that wanted I to say, and besides all my OCD-ly critic, I like your videos and your commentary

Just got to the point where the Japanese were attacking. This shows one of my most requested improvements to the game in that they should not be attacking so timidly. They had a small window of opportunity and on the second turn after DoW, they pulled half of their units back.

I would have preferred it if you had just continued rolling the Japanese and Chinese and letting the Mongols have a Science Victory.

And then once you finally smashed through the last Chinese city, denounce the Mongols to announce that you are coming for them.

While I haven't gotten that far, why would you (or anyone else) let an opponent win?!?

Lucky win and stupid AI. They really do need to try harder to win. I agree that timing is crucial, the AI should recognize timing as well so it doesn't allow you to fight one war at a time.

While I favored the idea early on (vanilla pre-release) that you should hold the capital X number of turns (instead of simply sniping), I also like your idea of holding out until you can get peace.

Top Bottom