1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MadDjinn Franco-Iberia Playthrough

Discussion in 'CivBE - Stories & Let's Plays' started by Karl0413, Oct 5, 2014.

1. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Jokerfied Western Male

After watching the first two minutes of the first FI vid I have to ask: How do you pronounce chitin in english ?

2. Aeson

Aeson orangesoda Retired Moderator

3. Knut_Are_M

Knut_Are_M Prince

madjinn you sure like to take big risks. and last game it sort of payed off.
    in this game you have 1/3 the science at turn 132 then you had at turn 96 in the last game. as well as far less Production and Food.

sure you did loose a settler early on, but i have the feeling that picking scientists might not be the best thing to do. also picking safer spots and building more colonists might be a better choise.
    That play was quite the grief play towards the kavithan protectorate. Also it opens up for the civ With Purple colors to become a runaway to the South.
    also it looks like you can rip off the AI early on With Strategic resourses With relative ease. you should have done that in Your last pac game to get even further ahead early on.

4. Valvts

Valvts A Plant

Why would he attack the aliens with the new alien unit that he got? He just pissed them off and lost his outpost because of this decision.....

5. Karl0413

Karl0413 Prince

Updating main post.

6. aguliondew

aguliondew Prince

Best to test ideas in game instead of talk about them out of game. If his first outpost got turned into a city he would be farther ahead. His gameplay is going about the same way my immortal/deity games go so far. Still curious to see if he can come back from that and how well a tall civ works in civ:Be. He last playthrough his trade routes made his capital as large as a one you would expect to see on in a tall civ.

7. Joneill

Joneill Chieftain

Actually, attacking aliens with alien units is supposed to not increase their aggression. I think it was actually the actions of PAC and KP (they must have plundered one or two nests) which caused the aliens to go mad.

8. OldEarthRelic

OldEarthRelic Warlord

Also, he way trying to get the resource pod

9. Valvts

Valvts A Plant

I see, very intresting. Thanks

10. Soffacet

Soffacet Warlord

That's true. Clouding the issue is the fact that Artists appear to be OP in their own right atm. But in the event that they are balanced, I'm just suggesting that the FI/Artist synergy is not so strong that FI "must" pick them.

11. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

Nope. I'll stick with non-mirrored routes this time.

I was also given a quest to kill 10 aliens. yeah, it got the aliens into the 'red' way faster than I had thought they would, and well, you can't plan on knowing that the aliens had 4 drones+extra concentrated in the woods near that colony. I knew I needed more units down there, but that was a bit overkill on the drones.

and to reclarify -- the chat picked the loadout, with the caveat that I said we can't have the same choices as the PAC game.

12. Arkangelus

Arkangelus Prince

Interesting as-yet un-commented on development - it seemed if he was really doing well in that setup that marching on the KP's lands would be on the cards, and they are very thoughtfully pumping out lots of Purity wonders in their capital to raid later.

13. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

On this note, one has to remember that early trade routes to 2ndary/etc cities is a big boost. In the PAC game I had no miasma in the way, so could get those cities up and running faster than I did in this game. Once I clear the miasma, I should be able to get them up to speed again. It's also a boost to the capital, though not as much, meaning that I could have spammed out colonists faster.

And yeah, I really was trolling KP with that city location. I wasn't going to initially but that location is nice and there is a path directly towards me from it. If that 2nd Station hadn't dropped, I would have gone up top instead.

14. Zet

Zet Warlord

I hope we get to see some supremacy units and how they're best used.

15. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

16. Magma_Dragoon

Magma_Dragoon Reploid

Haven't heard of caves before. Are those another kind of archaeology site?

17. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Cat Herder

@MadDjinn: Ditto this question: and you referred to some caves as "not mine" or words to that effect? Are they faction specific? Related to a failed quest or somesuch? :confused:

18. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

He said they are related to a quest.

Ie once someone fulfills part X of a multipart quest, a cave appears for the next part of that quest.. but only for them.

19. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

to be more clear, there is a specific quest that starts with exploring a cave.

but some quests, mostly the affinity ones, are player specific (give or take). Ie, dealing with the augmented people on the crashed "satellite" start. Everyone can get a crashed satellite to start their quest, but you can't use someone else's satellite to start your quest. The quests have a location button to tell you which one is yours.

edit: --

Caves only appear on Xenomass Nests when the nest is removed. But it's also not a 100% chance to get a cave when you remove the nest.

20. Mozzington

Mozzington Prince

Hi Gunner,

Just to let you know that I have conceded defeat and preordered the game! :lol:

MadDjinn's playthroughs got me.