MadDjinn's Beyond Earth - Pre-release build ARC 1

They deserved it ;) Silly AI colonist spammer.

Oh, I definitely agree. AI's that spam colonists in the human player's territory deserve to get conquered. I just had to LOL when both you and Brasilia invaded at the same time. The Slavic Fed did not stand a chance and went down fast!

What's the last quest popped up in last moment of part 10? Is that an Augmentary quest you talked about? So curious...

Edit: It was not, at least it's shown in vid 11.

Funny thing: Is it just me, or is MadDjin's mouse invisible in these videos?

fraps keeps messing up.

Apparently the 'hide mouse in window' option is on by default, and can only be turned off when you turn fraps on. but it resets to turning the cursor off everytime you load fraps.

The amount of great choices for the institute quest decision is a great highlight of how awesome the tech web is (video 8 19:20).

Looks like +5% food bonus from Civil Crèche/Augmentery quest is indeed +food, rather than +growth. How about Nanopasture? Does +10% food from Nanopasture quest is really a food bonus?

Do we know yet if the PAU is 10% food or growth?

Growth (unless its been changed since the 100 turn build.. and a food bonus that was only active when growing and happy would create wierd starve-grow cycles)

Note the PAC has completed the Beacon on turn 209 and is close to winning a Contact victory. So the AI can definitely win the game pretty quickly on Apollo if you let them.

Note the PAC has completed the Beacon on turn 209 and is close to winning a Contact victory. So the AI can definitely win the game pretty quickly on Apollo if you let them.

The 'find two parts to the Progenitor signal' is based upon 2 RNG over time calculations, that can run simultaneously.

Which basically means that Contact VC can be very fast, or very slow...

In this case fast, and well, that forces some movement by me.

The 'find two parts to the Progenitor signal' is based upon 2 RNG over time calculations, that can run simultaneously.

Which basically means that Contact VC can be very fast, or very slow...

In this case fast, and well, that forces some movement by me.

How long does it take to win after building the beacon?

line of sight... hills, forests all block line of sight... 3 range with out indirect fire has been a challenge in all civ games... same as the 2 range not being able to shoot over mountains, and craters.

It looks easy...
They should put option in game- aliens always in red- aggression. From the start to the end.
...also lose the purity one bonus, and make it so that only higher level of harmony can bring the alien aggression down.
That would make the game more interesting and harder.

My major concern having watched the BE preview builds is that the Virtue tree has been tinkered with/nerfed/buffed to the point that it tends to reward certain paths & picks over others, leading to repetitive experiences because it makes little sense to vary your Virtue selections from game to game. IMO there should not be one optimal way to go through the Virtues...this was one of my major beefs with Civ V.

Top Bottom