MAF on creating map standard size win32

majaczek

Warlord
hey friend of mine have reproducible MAF and CTD when creating new map on Standard size on his win xp 32 bit. Sometimes it works on Duel size for him.

I have PC and Laptop. My laptop has win7 32bit and suffers similair problem.

On PC it works well (PC has win7 64bit).

Could you help?

PS: I use rev 8505.

32bit OS is not reccomended.

but....

Try activating viewports, found in "Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\UserSettings\BUG Main Interface.ini
Spoiler :

# Changes to this setting will not take effect until next reload

# Default: False

EnableViewports = True

# Default: 40

ViewportX = 60

# Default: 40

ViewportY = 24

# Border size that will cause a viewport switch if the selected unit is within this distance of the viewport edge

# Default: 2

ViewportAutoSwitchBorder = 3

# Border size that will cause the viewport to also be centered when the display is centered on the selected unit, if the unit is within this distance of the viewport edge

# Default: 5

ViewportAutoCenterBorder = 5

spoiler contains suggested values, but the X/Y values might have to be further reduced. There is no rule on the ratio between X/Y, a different ratio will only mess with the mini-map aspect. The value just defines how many tiles are rendered horisontally (X) and vertically (Y).

If you have more than 2Gb memory then then you should use the 3Gb switch. Unfortunately the tutorial I last used has lost all its images so is not helpful.

Thanks.
We both already made the 4gb switch.
We will try the trick with viewports.

Yeah! Viewports do Miracles! (It works now on my Laptop, I would advice this to anybody with win32).

Yeah! Viewports do Miracles! (It works now on my Laptop, I would advice this to anybody with win32).

That Is the Advice that has been stated with Viewports inception by it's author koshling.

But if you are new to C2C then I can see how you would not know of this information. ;)

JosEPh :)

I've known there were Viewports, that they help with ram, but I didn't know before that they are such important and miraclous. But maybe I am still newbie (my games hardly get industrial era :F )

I would use my laptop on Summer Holidays to promote playing C2C among my friends (with me :p )

I've known there were Viewports, that they help with ram, but I didn't know before that they are such important and miraclous. But maybe I am still newbie (my games hardly get industrial era :F )

I would use my laptop on Summer Holidays to promote playing C2C among my friends (with me :p )

Not too many players do make it to Industrial Era. Sometimes just too many changes/updates/bug fixes to get a game up to that Era.

And if you can promote playing BtS/C2C to friends More Power to You! :goodjob: :D

well not all MAF cured (get one on New-tech) but it finally WORKS (opposite to no-viewports)

are there proposed settings of viewports for a bit weaker Laptop?

well not all MAF cured (get one on New-tech) but it finally WORKS (opposite to no-viewports)

are there proposed settings of viewports for a bit weaker Laptop?

40 x 40 to start. If still having problems start reducing by 5, example 35 x 35. If no problem encountered then start increasing size by 5 till MAF's reappear. This way you will know what your comps range is.

JosEPh

40 x 40 to start. If still having problems start reducing by 5, example 35 x 35. If no problem encountered then start increasing size by 5 till MAF's reappear. This way you will know what your comps range is.
JosEPh

Old 32 bit XP system.

I now, (just recently - last 10 days)) use Viewports (40*40) {just started to use it} with Graphical Paging (used that for a long time). (LEM - Middle Ages). Win XP32 system.

A major improvement on a weak system. What stopped me using it in the past were posts that stated if you used graphical paging you did not need to use Viiewports,

@Harrier,
Happy to see I posted some important info for you and hopefully others as well. When koshling said things about his additions I tried to pay attention to it. Unfortunately C2C has never really had someone to "enforce" putting helpful info like this in the FAQ Stickied thread. :p

And Toffer's Spoiler gives even more detail now that I've reread it.

I decreased viewports to 45x18 and still getting ocasionally MAFs :(
nice though that i already can play on win32 :)

Top Bottom