Mafia Game: Monty Python and the Holy Grail (GAME THREAD)

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Askthepizzaguy, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Sprig

Sprig めんどくさい

Renata confirmed Snerks Innocence anyway by sending me pm by mistake.
    To the reminaing Knights who say Ni. In my opinion, If you want any chance of winning... remember our discussion and agreement.

2. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

And the first 5 were all townies with special abilities! :lmao:

3. CCRunner

CCRunner Deity

You know, since you guys were so important, it may have been a good idea to tell somebody so we wouldn't have lynched you! :mad:

My own death was just pure bad luck on my part. Although I still don't see these "obvious clues" pointing to me...

4. Pinman

Pinman Demons & Brazil

You guys who I got lynched were slow on the role reveal. Its your own fault. (Except CC and Izipo- who got unlucky)

I think im going to get lucky again today. Lets see.

5. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

One of the knights is probably ATPG. I'm not even joking.

6. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

Yeah, I know, and even then, they only got her because Pinman and I pointed out the obvious.

Wrong, we got 2 townies with helpful special abilites (plarq, CivGeneral), 1 with a not-particularly-useful-to-anyone-but-himself special ability (Izipo), 1 with a harmful special ability (you) 1 neutral with a special ability (CCRunner), and we tried to lynch the killer rabbit (Backwards Logic) and sprig, who we can't tell what the hell he is.

Besides, almost everyone has a special ability of some sort, we were bound to get a few of them- we were just unlucky enough to get two of the most helpful ones.

Still, I can't believe innocents have been responsible for only one death among the people killing us, especially when the ones who are the Knights are obvious. :p

7. Askthepizzaguy

Askthepizzaguy Know the Dark Side

NIGHT EIGHT

King Arthur, traveling without his usual entourage of knights, and without his trusty servant Patsy, was out riding through the frozen wasteland of Nador. He was going to find the Holy Grail, even if it killed him. He knew that the grail was in the clutches of the foul Knights who said Ni. The only problem was, how would he defeat the knights of Ni even if he found them?

And then, he saw the dreaded knight... He was a towering figure... a huge and terrifying man. All alone, was he? Right!

King Arthur: CHAAAARGE!!

King Arthur drew his sword and advanced toward the huge man. He started hacking the foul thing right in the trunk. Wait.... trunk? This wasn't a Knight who says Ni... this was a tree. He sheathed his sword and turned around.

First knight: NI!

Second knight: NI!

First knight: NI!!!

King Arthur: IT! In the name of England, I say.... IT! IT you foul creatures!!!

The first knight took off his helm, and King Arthur got a good look at the main knight of Ni. Underneath, he could see that there were swallows shoved into the ears of the Knight. He could not hear the word "it". The assault continued.

First knight: NI!

Second knight: NI!

First knight: NI!!!

King Arthur dropped to his "ni"s and withdrew his sword. He shoved the blade into his stomach, and pulled it laterally across his torso. He then fell over, a victim of seppuku. As he fell to the ground, his head exploded.

Love was killed.

Alive: (7/30)

Paulus III
    Snerk
    Sprig
    Camikaze
    oyzar
    hell hound
    plarq

Lynched: (6/30)

plarq
    TheLastOne36
    CivGeneral
    CCrunner
    Izipo
    Renata

Murdered: (17/30)

Seon
    cubsfan6506
    taillesskangaru
    Stuck in Pi
    Winston Hughes
    civplayah
    cindle
    rhawn
    Pinman
    Double A
    Sithlord447
    Catharsis
    Tasslehoff
    Nictel
    choxorn
    Backwards Logic
    Love

Wrath of God
    : (2)

kill fire
    ZPV

Day Nine begins now. You have 24 hours to post and vote.

8. Love

Love Deity

Goodbye cruel world, i will now sit with god and his llama servants and watch you kill eachother, and enjoy.

9. Sprig

Sprig めんどくさい

10. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Lightforged Draenei Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Welcome to the dead Love, now about that vote you placed on my head :trouble:.

11. Sprig

Sprig めんどくさい

12. Nictel

Nictel Emperor

*The ghost speaks from the afterlife*
    "The knight who says Ni begins with P or S."
    "His name sounds like Pole, Pulus, Patrick, Paul, Paulus"

13. Love

Love Deity

Let it be a battle so epic only dead people can!

Bring it on you elderberry-smelling pancy!

14. plarq

plarq Crazy forever

Ha! We Royal Moose will see you cry!

And is the seppuku means some Japanese theme?

15. Renata

Renata homicidal jungle cat GOTM Staff

:popcorn:

16. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

Why is plarq listed as both alive and lynched?

17. Renata

Renata homicidal jungle cat GOTM Staff

Because he is. He was lynched Day One "as himself", and is now active again having taken over the ZPV/KingMorgan character.

18. plarq

plarq Crazy forever

I'm revived.

What about the holy grenade that was thrown last round?

19. Pinman

Pinman Demons & Brazil

Alright, this is what I’ve concluded based on the information before us.

Two knights who say Ni remain alive.

Oyzar, Camikaze and hell Hound must therefore be masons, as there are three of them, and only two knights of Ni. This is the least of the information that supports their innocence, but all that I can reveal being dead.

Love has been eliminated by the roleblocking data that accurately implicated Renata. He was newted on Night 6, and there were three active knights then.

The Witch doesn’t appear to be a knight who says ni, because he/she implicated Renata. While it is possible that this is a fangled way of avoiding suspicion, I am personally doubtful.

There is of course the possibility that the witch is still anti-town, but that shouldn’t be addressed until we get the remaining two knights.

As for the identity of the witch, I eliminate love and Sprig.

Love claimed to be king Arthur, and seeing as KA was alive and nobody contradicted him, he cannot be lying.

Similarly, we know that sprig is the black knight.

Finally, seeing as plarq’s character has been inactive, he cannot be the witch- which has submitted roleblocks for all nights.

Therefore the Witch is either Snerk or paulus. Since paulus would have no reason to contact snerk of all people- I conclude that snerk himself is the witch. Still, I await Snerk and Paulus’ roleclaim.

Now, this leaves the non-witch of paulus and snerk, sprig, and plarq as possible knights who say Ni.

Sprig- Roleclaim is Black Knight, and appears to have ability consistent with being said knight. Furthermore, by drawing attention to himself on day 1, if he really was a knight of ni, he ran the risk of being investigated. (he didn’t yet know of plarq) Finally, he once directly accused Renata, and the ni-suspects routinely vote against him. I think hes almost certainly anti-town, but unlikely to be a knight who says ni. I cannot of course, eliminate him.

Plarq- Voted for Camikaze. Silly Spat with Renata. KM dropped out of the game even though he is moderately around. Perhaps because he didn’t want the baddies to lose ground?

PaulusII- Very quiet, voting record of supporting Renata.

So as you can see, I really have pretty weak stuff when it comes to determining between these three. Nonetheless, im inclined to believe that it isn’t sprig.

Therefore it must be plarq and the Non- Witch. (probably Paulus).

Vote: plarq.

I await the roleclaims of all concerned parties.

20. oyzar

oyzar Have quit civ/forums

vote: plarq