Mafia game: The War of the Princes (1407-1435) [TOWN VICTORY]

-------------------------------------------------------------
Start of Day 2 update

-------------------------------------------------------------

The sun rose upon the Kingdom of France.

Most of the Lords, invited by Bernard VII of Armagnac (constable of France) to a hunting party, gathered in the Palace court.

"Speed up my Lords" said Bernard, "we are heading to Fontainebleau, and it's a long ride till there".

A horde of squires were preparing the horses (oh no again!), while the dogs were already barking loudly, excited by the events to come. In cuisine, servants were hard working too.

But suddently, repeated screams were being heard.

A maid, opening a cup board, stumbled upon two cut heads. John of Berry was the first to arrive. He immediatly recognized the heads of Timsup2nothin and Golden1Knight.

Timsup2nothin was Bonne de Berry , he was part of the Armagnacs (Town).

Golden1Knight was Charles VII de France , he was part of the Armagnacs (Town).

The disconsolate Isabeau, immediatly ordered Bernard to cancel the hunting party. The day would be spent on investigations.

"Bring me the head of the traitors!" she said.

Indeed, the dogs were still hungry afterall.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may now post. EOD in 48 hours. Have fun!

A ray of hope on an otherwise not functional website: When you put a fallen townie on ignore, the entire post vanishes.

This means, no matter how much we talk, as we die off, it will be very possible for the alive townies to remove the needless banter and chatter and re-read the game from start to finish without issue. This means, despite how you can't adjust the 20ppp, and even though isoing people is limited to their last 200 posts maximum, and you can't even call up a post count of each player, you CAN analyze the game while filtering out the noise of the dead villagers who have no additional information.

I did indeed put Dolbster in the dungeon last night.

It is impossible for him to have done either of the above 2 nightkills unless he's exactly a strongman mafioso.

This means that Dolbster is removed from suspicion of being any Serial Killer who might have done one of the above 2 kills.

It also means he's not any vigilante who did one of the above 2 kills.

It also means if someone is smart, Dolbster is a peeked villager, and he is alive as a green check.

Should he be a red check, I am telling the cop straight away NOT TO CLAIM TODAY.

We're pulling this same trick tomorrow night with a different person, and I personally will keep the peek alive each night.

If you ever have 2 red checks, wait until end of day 3 or 4 to claim them, just put the person as a mafia suspect in your list of leans if it is true.

About half of us should also do so to give you cover. Only you will know for sure which is the fake.

If he's clean, put him anywhere in your leans lists but as definitely wolfy. Anywhere from null above works.

Every villager who gives a poo about giving the cop cover should do the same.

Keep it roughly evenly balanced between "he's villager" and "he's mafia". If you're not sure what to put, put that he's a villager or null.

Give the cop cover. You are not framing it as "Night One: Dolbster green" that's not what you say.

When you do a leans list, put him as townie or wolfy, or null. Make it clear that's your lean on him.

If you are cop with red check, it's wolfy, nothing else. Cop with green check, it's townie or null, nothing else.

If you read none of my posts today, read 1908. Understand what I am saying, ask me to clarify if you do not understand.

I intend to give the cop LIVE PEEKS each day using my power.

I also intend to dungeon VILLAGERY people, not wolfy people, but I also want there to be a reasonable chance in hades that the person might be a red check, because one would be nice before a cop dies.

Out of respect for the fallen, I'm going to catalogue the leans of the dead players.

If their leans were any good, it might explain why they were murdered or yeeted by wolves.

After I do so, they're going on ignore mode and I'm rereading this entire dumpster fire. GLGL me.

Interestingly, we're pretty close to a blank slate. G1K was on the conveyor belt to the guillotine for D2 if it wasn't going to be Bianca, and Bianca was largely there because of personality clash. (Does CFC have a rule against discussing subs like MU does?)

Which means the biggest "get 'em outta here" chops are now dealt with. MJ chopped, G1K NK'd or vigged (probably vigged?), and Yako coming in fresh.

I very strongly want to see activity from the inactives before D2 is half over.

Also from people who were active and then disappeared into the background, like @-Rosen.

I will reassess my reads list with all this in mind.

Heads cut off? It's a bit early for the Guillotine.

Anyway, I have a little time for now only but I logged in almost an hour ago and waded through posts. Here's my take on EOD, i.e. my copy-pasted quick notes from Notepad:

Spoiler :
Dolbster: trying to restore sanity
Csargo: helpful, appears to read thread
Askthepizzaguy: sloshing, actually joins the leading waggon
Timsup2nothin: answers atpg in kind
Montmorency: Right! He's actually trying to contribute *a bit* and even clarifying his vote
Marcher Jovian: soft-claims (a) French King?
biancasbotique (metagaming, I'll admit): posts withdrawal from Snerk's Rhyme Mafia. wtf is this? (note: I'd just checked the thread to look for new additions and post some rhymes and found her withdrawal - just now I arrived at this page and found she'd asked for a replacement here too - I really should read threads one at a time)
topsecret: credible reaction to post overload. Credible because I had the same reaction.

AceMarvel unvotes MJ

then (~post 1590) with the vote at 7-5-5 atpg posts a proposal for a hard alliance with csargo, monty, tim, topsecret

On that same page, bianca self-votes. 7-6-5

next page, atpg denies his own claim and claims to be a d'Armagnac with a gaoler ability

ace marvel moans about bianca's self-vote

atpg mixes up his brandies

still 7-6-5 after a couple of pages, but not the same 7, 6, and 5

topsecret votes for MJ and makes it 7b-5g-6mj

Montmorency claims to be making it 6-6-6 by voting MJ but our triple-initialed host immediately gainsays him, it's 6b-5g1k-7mj,

Ace Marvel, straight away, pushed further on MJ, 6-5-8

bianca continues to post

dolbster still calm and detached
shad believable overwhelmed
monty changes vote again

7-7 mj and bianca with g1k at 5

(it's worth noting that at this time Shad and Laurentus are still not voting)

Atpg puts bianca in the lead (8-6-5) with 15 minutes remaining; as IIRC Marcher Jovian says one or two pages earlier the lead's smaller because she might be self-preserving

DOLBSTER VOTES MONTY?
Monty votes Marcher?
Atpg votes Dolbster?

(we're down to :55)

Amid responses to atpg's three questions (possibly yet another Monty Python ref) LA says he can peek?

At :57 Shad comes in and votes bianca
TheGoldenTyranno comes out of the woodwork and votes MJ, so 7mj-6b-5g1k
*various rapid votes and obvious breaking of F5 keys, tallied by RRR as 8-5-5 with MJ in the lead at :00*
*a couple of votes changed for bianca but host closes down*
Last final count: MJ 9 (!), bianca 6, G1K 4, 2 nonvoters, Laurentus and atpg (!)

I actually got to read the EOD1 update 5 minutes before SOD1 and have been perusing the twilight chat.
As you can see, I started off the last post I'd made, commenting on my impressions on every poster as they made a post (not exactly in that order I think).

baffled readers: me, topsecret, choxorn (non-indicative)
baffled* reader: Shad (the asterisk denotes the fact that he was actually reading the thread)
Highly suspicious: the bianca slot.
Ace Marvel conforming to expected standards of lunacy (poupoupoupoupou)
Atpg firmly in command, what were your results, atpg?? Are you rôleplaying as Dr. Avakumovich here?
Dolbster: calm and contributive
LordArgon hammers? He voted for the same guy as I did, but still, paragon of townieness he is not.
Csargo: also contributive
pzelda: a bit contributive (I think less than Csargo)
MarcherJovian
TheGoldenTyranno: what a lurky lurker you are
Montmorency: not outside meta
-Rosen: somehow slipped completely under my radar
Laurentus: ????
Synsensa: at least he tried?
hollowkatt: also slipped completely under my radar

If it were up to me I'd say lynch between bianca!Logic's spot, TheGoldenTyranno and Ace Marvel

Also, probably you lot have posted an entire couple pages' worth while I tried to make this a coherent report.

Also, probably you lot have posted an entire couple pages' worth while I tried to make this a coherent report.
Which you haven't, but still Xenforo insisted on loading new posts, which it does twice and requires refreshing the page.

Spoiler :
I have a sneaking suspicion that Ace has (yet again) randed town

p sure Monty's town

double shrugs
maybe dolbster slightly town, ts slightly maf
neither far from rand

See now Tim is being townie

ftr I 100% do not take -Rosen's claim at face value.

with that in mind, I am Spartacus! (vt)

Vote: topsecret

pizza's a villager until lylo, got it

Dolby found Bianca lean scummie too. The two of them together make me go a bit :eyes:

Vote: Bianca

Is it bad I want to town read this?

Always oblige self-voters
Vote: Bianca

I mean practically speaking it’s kinda a dumb vote because bianca’s wagon is secretly two votes smaller than it looks, cuz she can self preserve.

Yeet: Bianca, G1K, Tak?
Dungeon: (assuming jailkeep) Dolbster, Tim, hollowkatt?
Peek: Csargo, pzelda, Dolbster

Summary: Marcher Jovian (excluding the wrong guesses)

Town: Ace, Monty, Tim, Pizza, Rakkoon
Suspected: Csargo, pzelda, Dolbster, Hollowkatt, topsecret,Takhisis, strongest suspicion on Bianca/Yako.

However, he was yeeted, so his reads are probably not why he was killed. He was killed because he was not mafia.

I suspect there are mafia on his wagon, given the size of it.

Let's see...

Marcher Jovian (9): Timsup2nothin, pzelda, topsecret, Ace Marvel, Montmorency, TheGoldenTyranno, biancasbotique, Golden1Knight, LordArgon
biancasbotique (6): Synsensa, hollowkatt, -Rosen, Marcher Jovian, Shadgoat, Dolbster
Golden1Knight (4): Csargo, Rakkoon, choxorn, Takhisis

not voting (2): Laurentus, Askthepizzaguy
Beholdez-vous! The famed Takhisis vote tally analysis.

This means that Dolbster is removed from suspicion of being any Serial Killer who might have done one of the above 2 kills.
But doesn't clear him from being, say, mafia.

official tally from RRR:

Marcher Jovian (9): Timsup2nothin, pzelda, topsecret, Ace Marvel, Montmorency, TheGoldenTyranno, biancasbotique, Golden1Knight, LordArgon
biancasbotique (6): Synsensa, hollowkatt, -Rosen, Marcher Jovian, Shadgoat, Dolbster
Golden1Knight (4): Csargo, Rakkoon, choxorn, Takhisis

not voting (2): Laurentus, Askthepizzaguy

Blue: Town
Green: snap town reads I have at present, before doing isos.

Ace: Behavior suggests not wolf at all if bianca is town, and probably not wolf wolf with bianca if she is a wolf. Trusting Marcher on that one.

Rosen, strongly villagery from yesterday despite an EXTREME clash in approach to the game.

Dolbster, probable town until cop says otherwise.

Laurentus: If this is a wolf, I officially never want them in any of my games in the future.

This is a townie a lot. Villagers don't care about the game a lot. Depends on who they are. Others compulsively care.

Top Bottom