Mafia game: The War of the Princes (1407-1435) [TOWN VICTORY]

About the set up,

Initially the set up had a town cop, Burgundian framer, and English Godfather. Visor convinced me to make it simplier and less NAs dependent (but it still was to some extent).

The English mafia was initially a 2 men team but with NK immunity and scan immunity for the main guy. We then removed the cop/framer/scan immunity since a good frame/bad scan could win the game for one of the mafia faction. Then made the English as numerous as the Burgundian but without NK immun to make it even and simplier.

Here is what I posted in the dead chat about mafia factions having different main role (roleblock for Burgundian and rolecop for English):

"I didn't want both teams to be the same, since I feel it's boring. We put a rolecop for one and a roleblock for the other. I concede that the roleblock can be more powerfull (can prevent kills from the other faction - that's double edge though, good for the town too -, and even xkills), but using it for scans is also more ambiguous and can be misleading.
While the RC was meant to help you hunting town PRs (in addition to thread slips... I have seen many, both at twilight and sod... putting aside pizza's claims/counterclaims/fakeclaims/hardclaims) and killing them.

The truth is that you have been unlucky and fell to one good pizza iso... too early. Your overall consistent solving as town (yes yes) commands you to do the same (or at least close) when wolfing." (was replying to whining Syn :lol:)

In the end, I think it was balanced, and that all teams had a decent shot at winning. (Just imagine two days without caught scums, it would have make 9 v 3 v 3, with potentially one or two town PRs down... never the same outcome).

Pizza and his army just had an immense and succesfull scum hunt here. heh.

I am hoping you all had fun. I had, now I need some holidays!

:grouphug:

Pizza your interpretation of the Lady Gaga Super Bowl is the most beautiful thing I have ever read!! Thank you!
You are an awesome player that carry the game and the reason we won.
Shame on you townies that didn't believe it lol.

I really loved this game and operation radio rebel forever will be in my top plays, I can't believe it worked. upupupupu
This game is goals beyond goals!

@RRRaskolnikov you set the bar high! Awesome game!
I don't want to chop you anymore!

My tarot read are 80% right most of the time :)

This game made me so happy and I really enjoyed it!

I figured if you liked Swift, and you liked Eternal flame, you'd be into Gaga as well. I love all of them.

Had to have a montage of Gaga songs to match the length and scary accuracy of our romantic dance all game. Finding each other and town reading each other and the town, and moving in a sexy tango step for step forever after, joined at the cheek and hip, almost exact same reads.

No masonry chat or PM coordination. No shame in our game, just love.

And seriously a lot of help from all the other townies that took bullets for us or lend us their votes or solved their butts off, or just passionately cared about village, right or wrong.

Or hell, were furry and fun rakkoons that also voted at least 1 scum. Errbody helped, to the person. No one left behind.

Thanks for reacting, that wall was for you ace. We might never play again so I wanted us to go out with a Gaga concert if thats true.

Sorry for the public display of affection, everyone. Except, I'm not that sorry. XD

I get it, you feel that one game was an outlier, and you feel you were matching your typical town game.

RRRaskol might not see that. Heck, I didn't iso you anywhere else, so I don't even know. Since you died and have no raisin to lie anymore I take your word on that, that I picked an outlier game by random chance and it helped my case more than it should have.

I think thats the objection here, RRR. Hugs to you both. Thanks all for the game. Never will reach these dizzying heights again, super high percentage, super rare result. Still stunned.

Spoiler :
It is in the past now. Can't rest on laurels, gotta move on. There's always a new challenge. And now I have impossible bar to hit and never hit it again, so it is all downhill from here... still try to make magic happen if I can.

I get it, you feel that one game was an outlier, and you feel you were matching your typical town game.

As I said in DC, I think it's more about matching actual town expectections rather than your typical town game.

But I will go to rest too now. Huging u all.

We've spent pages talking about yeeting wolves and I'm still totally not used to that new flavor. Don't think I'm against it, but it definitely still feels a bit odd.

Wondering what it would be like to host a game where the flavor is such that it would yield a somewhat more natural-sounding alternative, maybe just something do with the method of execution like "chopped" or "force lightninged" or something, or maybe the game is in a setting where it makes sense that voting for someone to be yeeted or whatever isn't actually killing them but is still leaving them in some state where they wouldn't be around to talk or vote or do bad things at night anymore and would make it clear whether they were on of the wolves or not.

We've spent pages talking about yeeting wolves and I'm still totally not used to that new flavor. Don't think I'm against it, but it definitely still feels a bit odd.

Wondering what it would be like to host a game where the flavor is such that it would yield a somewhat more natural-sounding alternative, maybe just something do with the method of execution like "chopped" or "force lightninged" or something, or maybe the game is in a setting where it makes sense that voting for someone to be yeeted or whatever isn't actually killing them but is still leaving them in some state where they wouldn't be around to talk or vote or do bad things at night anymore and would make it clear whether they were on of the wolves or not.
Fyi, me and Bianca for the game that we're hosting next are using exiled

With regards to the flavor I've personally, as a generic non-flavor related option, been preferring Executed and Eliminated. Electrocuted also works as a method of execution, just was thinking of that since you brought up force lightninged. I can't for the life of me think of options that don't start with "E"

I find the removal of the classic terminology a bit silly/excessive.

However if I can replace it with something more ridiculous, then everybody wins.

YEET

I find the removal of the classic terminology a bit silly/excessive.

However if I can replace it with something more ridiculous, then everybody wins.

YEET

It has made it a whole lot easier for me to tell my friends about my new hobby, so even if it seems excessive I appreciate it.

One advertisement, and I pop back outta here.

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/27681-Star-Wars-The-Force-Unbalanced-(invitational)

CFC peeps, this one's for you. And some other select cool peoples I know who I think would add to this mix.

See also: It's in a subforum dedicated to CFC / the org, since you folks have basically absorbed all of us.

Should the Org revive itself with a ton of old players and demand exists we can always split into 2. Unlikely imo unless they do a Medieval 3 total war and it kicks butt.

If interested in the above game in October then direct message me. Thanks!

Oust/ousted/ouster

Mislim.

Last edited:
Btw before we agreed on Exiled,

I recommended "Bichslapped". It's a no go lol

I really want to but I think the autocensor and the mods would have some objections

Top Bottom