Mafia: Information, Announcements, and Discussion

Oh me oh my, I thought the lot of you was dead, it's been so long.

We are dead, but we can still be brought back from the dead.

If nobody objects to it, I could host a game.

You're welcome to try.

Host here and I'll play. I'll even vote for you like in the old days.

^I recommend that game.

And like any hardcore gamers I'll be on stereo, both here and on the .org

So someone on MU reached out to me asking if CFC would be interested in sending someone for season 7 of champs. I said yes, of course! The official invite will come "April-ish," they're just gauging interest for now. Once that comes, we'll be tasked with choosing someone to represent CivFanatics and play a few mafia games with the chosen reps from other forums. If you're curious for more info, click here.

As for the history of CFC representatives...

Season 1, 2013-2014: none, the series was still relatively small-scale back then compared to what it's become now, and CFC wasn't invited

Season 2, 2015: I represented CFC (i.e. I was the only one willing to do it and volunteered myself :lol:) and advanced to the finale, which I unfortunately had to sub out of.

I believe Montmorency represented the Org one of these years, but the first two seasons didn't take place on MU and I don't have a handy chart to look at so I'm relying purely on memory here.

Season 3, 2016: Kennigit, despite not advancing, was deemed a large enough threat to the wolves where he was killed night 2 even though he barely had any time to post. Visorslash did not represent CFC, but advanced to the wildcard and eventually the finale!

Season 4, 2017: Choxorn represented CFC and was cruelly mislynched on Day 5.

Season 5, 2018: Once again, I represented CFC by way of "I guess I'll do it since no one else wants to..." and advanced to the finale, though unfortunately I lost both games I played in. Empoof represented a different site and was part of the winning wolf team in the finale! Manasi also played in this season for the org and won her game as part of the mafia team.

Season 6, 2019: The baton passed back to Choxorn, who advanced to the wildcards (which are commonly thought of as actually being higher-quality games than the finales) in a glorious redemption tour and he shook the wolves so much they killed him night one.

Season 7, 2020: CFC, finally breaking the choxorn/Zack tradition, sent [insert name] as their representative, who ended up being crowned the Season 7 Champion and impressed everyone so much that Thingyman transferred ownership of the site to them. Good job, [insert name]! :goodjob:

Hey, don't forget all those spots we got off TWC. ;)

Season 4, 2017: Choxorn represented CFC and was cruelly mislynched on Day 5.

In all fairness, I was kinda playing like crap that game and I don't really blame the other townies for mislynching me

and he shook the wolves so much they killed him night one.

I barely even had time to play on day one and they still killed me lol

Lessons lesrned: silent townies scare the crap outta wolves.

Vote: Zack for CFC rep

Top Bottom