magic slider for civ spinoff

magic slider for civ- all civ games have been historical flavored games, but lately its getting boring. total war has introduced fantasy. paradox has introduced fantasy. it's firaxis' turn.

now how would you introduce fantasy in a game like this...easy. a magic slider, from No magic (normal Civ game) to Epic Magic (Exalted)

Why do I use Exalted? Because Exalted is a world that makes the average DND world look like Game of Thrones, with gods everywhere, characters that destroy and recreate worlds, magic infused into the very world itself, etc. This is all far more common than in an average dnd game- which would occupy the rest of the spectrum.

there, you could play as the Incas in a no magic game, or play as fantasy romans with giant marble statue units, bootleg superhuman Exalted, and so on

you could also see the effects high or low magic has on a world's development- technology, civics, and more

this is going to be controversial if it was put in a game. but i like ffh2 so i know some people (like me) would like this

all civ games have been historical flavored games, but lately its getting boring. total war has introduced fantasy. paradox has introduced fantasy. it's firaxis' turn.
Apparently you missed the fallout when they did that in NFP. :mischief:

To your core premise, there are dozens of fantasy 4X games on the market and only a very few historical ones. Firaxis should keep doing what they do well and leave the fantasy games to other developers or modders.

To your core premise, there are dozens of fantasy 4X games on the market and only a very few historical ones. Firaxis should keep doing what they do well and leave the fantasy games to other developers or modders.
yeah but do those allow you to customize the amount of magic within? in endless legend, can you make it so only one late game unit can use mid-power magic at all?

i want to play Game of Thrones one day, and Exalted Planescape Ball Z the next, with the same amount of fun for both

also what is a nfp?
New Frontier Pass, the last round of DLC that added controversial (but optional) features like the Mayan apocalypse, vampires, Cthulhu cultists, and zombies.

i want to play Game of Thrones one day, and Exalted Planescape Ball Z the next, with the same amount of fun for both
Then you probably want two different games. There is an inverse relationship between modularity and depth.

New Frontier Pass, the last round of DLC that added controversial (but optional) features like the Mayan apocalypse, vampires, Cthulhu cultists, and zombies.
huh. never played it or heard of it before this
Then you probably want two different games. There is an inverse relationship between modularity and depth.
yeah, most likely, really i just want to go from the Stone Age to the Modern Age with magic

huh. never played it or heard of it before this
A lot of its elements are poorly or shoddily made novelties--it pretty much killed my interest in the game, not for the fantasy elements but for the quality issues--but if you want to inject some magic/fantasy into your game that and mods will probably do at least a little of what you want.

A lot of its elements are poorly or shoddily made novelties--it pretty much killed my interest in the game, not for the fantasy elements but for the quality issues--but if you want to inject some magic/fantasy into your game that and mods will probably do at least a little of what you want.
just...don't play it then

also civ5 and 6 are so much harder to mod than 4, which is why there isn't an original fantasy universe mod for it yet

Top Bottom